Chapter 7

Empty Hearts│K.T.H

 

DAZED [C] | Taekook, Bts taehyung, Bts vkook

 

***

"Those who are heartless,

 Once cared too much"

***

 

 

It's awkward.

 

That's how both of them will describe the situation.

 

Only the sounds of utensils and faint classical music from the background can be heard. None of them talked when they met at the restaurant but a few small smiles were given to the employees, and to those who recognized them.

 

They both don't want to do this, but they had an agreement to eat together for the rest of their trip so that no one will spread rumors about their relationship. Both of them feel uncomfortable sitting in front of each other. They try so hard to ignore each other.

 

Suddenly, Taehyung cleared his throat that made Sooha look at him. He raised his wine glass and stared at her, apparently some people are looking at them. Sooha got the message and also held her glass and both clinked their glasses.

 

Apparently, some people are looking at them and this made Taehyung uncomfortable. So he immediately did a simple move just in case they talked on how both of them aren't interactive.

 

Taehyung and Sooha continue to eat quietly. Until someone called Sooha's name. They both looked around and saw Jungkook waving his hand as he approached their table. Sooha stared at him, while Taehyung on the other hand, tightened the grip on his fork.

 

"You guys are having dinner here too?" Jungkook said and smiled at Sooha.

 

Taehyung swallowed hard but his grip on his fork tightened harder that made his hand look red. He turned to Jungkook who was still smiling.

 

"What are you doing here?" Taehyung asked rudely and Sooha immediately turned her head at him, surprised by his attitude.

 

Jungkook chuckled. "I'm on a short vacation. How have you been, Taehyung? It's been a while since I saw you,"

 

"I've been good. I heard you opened a hotel." Taehyung gritted his teeth and glared at the man, but Jungkook just smiled even more, and Taehyung didn't like the smile at all.

 

"Yeah. Why don't you come over next time with your wife? I can show you both around."

 

By the sudden offer of Jungkook, Sooha smiled and almost shouted in joy, instantly agreed. "That would be lovely, Mr. Jeon. Taehyung and I will be honored to be your guests."

 

If looks could kill, Taehyung would have killed Sooha on the spot. He can't understand the sudden friendly gestures of those two people. Taehyung is already feeling uncomfortable with only the two of them, but the sudden addition of the other man, Taehyung feels like bursting. He can't even understand their conversation anymore, as he can already feel his head's hurting.

 

"Well, I don't want to interrupt your date anymore so I will go ahead. Congratulations to you too!" Jungkook bids farewell, in which Sooha bids him as well.

 

She glanced at Taehyung who was frozen on his seat. Sooha continued to glare at the man, but Taehyung just sat quietly. Suddenly, he slammed his fork down and stood up. "I'm done eating. Let's go," he walked away leaving a clueless Sooha.

 

 

 

 

"Hey, what's wrong with you?!" Sooha yelled at him as soon as they entered their room, but Taehyung ignored her and was about to go to the bathroom when she blocked his way.

 

She glared at him. "I'm asking you, what's wrong with you?"

 

"Why do you even care? It's none of your business!"

 

"It is! Your behavior was unacceptable!"

 

Taehyung scoffed. "Look here, Ms. Park. We agreed not to meddle with each other's life. So, do me a favor, and stick to our agreement! And why were you even defending him? He is your competitor for Pete's sake!"

 

"Yes, he is my competitor that's why I have to get close to him so I would know how he defeated my hotel!"

 

Taehyung laughed out loud. "Are you that desperate? You're going too low, Ms. Park." Taehyung shook his head and walked closer at her.

 

"Instead of doing that, why don't you first find the rat in your hotel? You're wasting your time doing nonsense" Both of them stared at each other.

 

"This is why I'm doing this, to find the rat," Sooha argued.

 

"Fine, do whatever you want. I don't care, but let me give you a piece of advice as your business partner. Getting involved with Jungkook won't help your hotel. You're just going to regret it. Mark my word." Sooha raised her eyebrows by the sudden change of tune of his voice.

 

A mix of bitter and anger.

 

Taehyung walked past her, and entered the bathroom, slamming the door hard and loud. Sooha glared at the door and scoffed. She threw her bag on the bed and left the room.

 

She couldn't understand Taehyung's behavior towards Jungkook. She knows both men knew each other judging by their greetings exchanged earlier. She may be desperate, but getting closer to Jungkook is the way for her comeback, and she knows that Taehyung won't help her at all.

 

Meanwhile, Taehyung leaned on the wall, letting the water from the shower, fall on his body. He clenched his fists in anger and glared at the door. At first, he didn't care for her but knowing that Sooha is making her way to Jungkook bothers him so much. He certainly doesn't like her, but he doesn't like Jungkook either. He tries to give her advice, but Taehyung knows that Sooha won't listen to him. Now, he's worried about the outcome if Sooha continues her plan on Jungkook.

 

 

 

 

 

------------------

A/N: You can now read "Empty Heart" at archive of our own! https://archiveofourown.org/works/25455349/chapters/61742527