Chapter 4

Empty Hearts│K.T.H

 

Loudly

 

***

"Love is a lie"

***

 

Sooha entered a high-end restaurant and with the help of a waiter, she was led to where her parents and three other people she doesn't recognize were sitting. As she reached their table, Sooha bowed to her parents and to the others.

 

"Oh my! When was the last time I saw you? You grew up into a beautiful lady, Sooha"

 

It didn't take to long for Sooha to think about who was the lady. It's Kim Minjun's wife, Heeyoung. She smiled for the compliment before taking a seat next to her mother.

 

"Well, whom did you think she inherited her beautiful face?" her mother jested which earned a chuckle from the table except for one guy.

 

"You and Taehyung will be a great couple! I am sure that everyone will be jealous of you two!" Heeyoung said.

 

Sooha couldn't help but glance at the man sitting in front of her who looked the same age as her. She could tell that the man didn't care about their meeting and looked very serious and annoyed for some reason.

 

"Sooha, I would like you to meet Taehyung. He is now managing the Kim Corporation, and Taehyung, this is my daughter, Sooha, who manages the Daisy Hotel."

 

Taehyung bowed slightly at her and looked away.

 

"I think the wedding should be held soon. I don't see any reason why we should delay it, aren't I right, honey?" her mother insists and glanced at her husband.

 

"The sooner, the better. Both of you are a perfect match." her dad said and Kim Minjun instantly agreed.

 

"Then, I think next month would be great since Spring has just begun, flowers would be a great theme for your wedding!" Choi Heeyoung said excitedly.

 

During the next hour, their parents discussed the plan for their wedding, but neither Sooha nor Taehyung paid attention to them. Occasionally, one of them will respond to their parents, but both of them just wish the day will end fast.

 

"I think it would be better if we would give them a chance to get to know each other, don't you think?" Heeyoung suggested, and surprisingly, Taehyung agreed.

 

"That would be great, mom. We can have a few dates before the wedding so that our relationship will improve. Don't you think, Sooha?" Taehyung said while smiling. Sooha is quite taken back by the sudden friendly gesture of him, unlike his behavior from the past hour.

 

"Yes. Don't worry, Taehyung and I will work out our schedule so we can get to know each other" Sooha said and smiled.

 

"Well then, why don't we leave you guys here and talk? We will continue our conversation next time, alright?" Heeyoung said and then everyone left the restaurant except for Sooha and Taehyung.

 

The table was quiet for a few minutes, and neither of them was showing interest in each other. Taehyung sipped his tea, while Sooha looked on the window.

 

"I would like to inform you right now that I don't have any interest in getting married to you or to anyone else. I am considering this as a business deal between both of our families and nothing else" Taehyung suddenly said with an icy tone and glared at her.

 

"I am glad that I am not the only one who feels that. I don't expect us to get along, but I think showing our parents and the public that we are in love won't hurt right? I don't want the media to release bad news that will damage my hotel's reputation." Sooha said and stared back.

 

Taehyung smirked and put down his teacup. "We are really business-minded, Ms. Sooha. I'll let you know when we will meet up for our first date then" Taehyung stood up and left without turning back at her.

 

 

 

 

 

"Kim Taehyung of Kim Corporation and Park Sooha of Daisy Hotel were seen together at a restaurant"

"Another picture of Kim Taehyung and Park Sooha at Han River was released by Dispunch"

"Kim Taehyung and Park Sooha were seen holding hands"

"According to an insider, Kim Taehyung and Park Sooha are dating"

"Stocks of Kim Corporation and Daisy Hotel increased after the news of them dating."

"Neither side hasn't released a statement yet. What is really going on?"

 

Sooha just shook her head while reading the articles from her computer. It's been two weeks and news already spread all over the internet. As soon as she closed her computer, her secretary immediately ran to her office to confirm, but all Sooha said was to leave the news alone. Even though she hates the news, it made her smile because of all the attention from the media. The public paid more attention to her hotel and her stocks increased too.

 

She was still reading some articles when her phone rang and she immediately answered it.

 

"Hello, mom."

 

"Have you seen the news? Everyone is talking about you two! See, I knew that both of you just needed some time to get to know each other!" Sooha leans on her chair while listening to her excited mother.

 

That's right, Taehyung and her decided to spread the rumors. They both wanted the public, especially their parents, to know that they are in love instead of just releasing sudden news of them marrying. They thought that if people find out that it was an arranged marriage, people may talk back and might affect their reputations. So they went for dates for the past two weeks and acted like they are in love just for the sake of the pictures. Sooha was relieved that her mother believed the news.

 

"So, you like each other now?" her mother asked.

 

"Well, we are on good terms. Don't worry, mom. Taehyung and I are really getting along."

 

"That's good! Anyway, your father wants your marriage to happen as soon as possible! Did you know that your father was surprised when he heard the news!"

 

She was about to answer when she saw from her phone that Taehyung is also calling her.

 

"Mom, I will call you back, Taehyung is calling me right now."

 

"Oh! Alright. Take your time, sweetie! Bye." Sooha sighed and accepted Taehyung's call.

 

"What?"

 

"I'm sure you have seen the news now. I can't believe that we are good actors. My parents believed in the news. They were thrilled when they called me," Taehyung said.

 

"Well, it was your idea, Mr. Kim."

 

She heard him chuckled. "You're right. I will pick you up again for another date, Ms. Park."

 

"Alright," she said and hung up the phone.

 

 

 

 

-----------

A/N: Please don't forget to Upvote, Subscribe, & Comment! Thanks!