Chapter 19

Empty Hearts│K.T.H

 

 

***

 

Sooha paced around her office, anxiously waiting for Taehyung. She don't know why she is overreacting and she doesn't know why she suddenly wants to impress Taehyung.

 

"It is bound to happen for them to visit each other's company. So why am I like this? It's not that I'm not confident in my hotel."

 

She glanced at the wall clock before scanning her office to check if everything was organized. Any minute now, Taehyung will arrive. However, her phone rang, and seeing who was calling her, made her mood even worse.

 

Hesitantly, she picked up her phone.

 

"Hello, father?"

 

 

 

 

 

Charisma

 

One word that everyone can agree on how to describe Kim Taehyung.

 

A row of employees welcomed Taehyung as soon as he got out of the car. Staring for a bit in the building, he popped the button of his suit.

 

He was then greeted by Sooha's secretary. "Good afternoon, Mr. Kim. It's an honor to meet you," the secretary bowed almost 90 degrees to him. "Unfortunately Ms. Park is at an emergency meeting at the moment, and asked me instead to take you to her office."

 

Taehyung nodded and made his way inside the hotel. People began to whisper with each other, while some were in awe as he walked gracefully not minding the people around him. His eyes wandered around, almost scanning every detail he could find.

 

The secretary led him into the VIP elevator up to the top floor of the building.

 

A quiet hallway greeted him, he walked quietly until he reached the farthest door.

 

Sooha's office.

 

The secretary opened the door for him and then left him alone.

 

 

 

He hates to keep him waiting, but he has an important thing to discuss with Sooha, so he let it slide.

 

To keep him busy, he walked around the office for a bit, scanning every part of it. He walked towards the shelves. Books, awards, some decorative stuff, and one single picture frame were placed there. He looked closely at the picture frame, it was her standing brightly on a stage. He guessed it was when she took over the hotel.

 

His eyebrows raised, confused why she doesn't have any family pictures displayed. But remembering his past interactions with her family, he guessed that the woman is not close to her family as to how they appeared to be.

 

He unknowingly stared at the frame for a long time and he didn’t even realize that Sooha entered the office.

 

“Taehyung?” her voice made him look instantly at Sooha who was looking at him in confusion.

 

Taehyung cleared his voice and made his way on the couch, and Sooha also took a seat far from him.

 

“What’s with the sudden visit? This isn’t you” Sooha asked coldly.

 

Taehyung smirked and said, “I see that you made your employees welcome me as if I am a royal.”

 

Sooha rolled her eyes at the arrogant man. “I never told them anything. Just get to the point and leave.”

 

Taehyung chuckled. “Don’t tell me you’re upset because I didn’t get back to you after our conversation a month ago?”

 

“I wasn’t even looking forward to it. I already guessed that you don’t mean it when you left me hanging after that.”

 

“Well, I apologize my dear wife.”

 

Sooha was taken back to what Taehyung just called her. It was the first time that he addressed her like that. Sooha didn’t know how to react, so she just glared at the man.

 

“Easy. Can we have a single conversation without silently cursing each other?” Taehyung asked as he tilted his head on the side.

 

“Have you eaten something strange this morning?”

 

Taehyung chuckled at Sooha. “Come on, I was trying to be as friendly as possible. It’s hard but I gotta improve my acting skills.”

 

“You have gone crazy” Sooha shook her head, having enough of Taehyung’s nonsense.

 

He cleared his throat, and then put on his serious face. “Alright, I will stop beating around the bush, and tell you why I am here."

 

Taehyung looked at Sooha directly.

 

“I’ve been thinking hard for the past month, while I keep track of your hotel’s progress. I admit you did work hard, as I can already see the close gap between you and Jungkook. Your deal with Konnect has made a huge impact on your hotel.”

 

Sooha smirked.

 

“However, that is not enough.” Sooha frowned and glared at Taehyung. “That kind of deal only works temporarily. You need to do more if you want to push away Jungkook from the line as soon as possible.”

 

Sooha scoffed. “I know that. You don’t have to teach me what I should do.”

 

Taehyung raised his eyebrows. “I think your father will be more pleased if I’m teaching you what you should do with your hotel, right?”

 

Sooha's eyes widened. What Taehyung has said was like a slap on her face. Clenching her fist tightly, rage starting to take over her.

 

Taehyung watched the woman in front of her. He saw how her hands started to shake in anger and how she glared at him but that did not affect him at all. He knew he hit a sensitive subject, but seeing how she reacted to it amused him. 

 

Sooha closed her eyes to calm herself, before staring back at Taehyung.

 

“R-right.” Sooha smiles tightly. “He will be more than happy to know that I’m learning a lot from you. So, do you have any suggestions, Mr. Kim?”

 

Taehyung folded his arms and smirked.

 

 

 

“I’m going to be a major shareholder of your hotel.”

 

 

----------------------------

Please don't forget to Upvote, Subscribe, & Comment!

Also, just a reminder that you can also read my story on Wattpad, & Archive Of Our Own!

Thanks 💜 💜 💜