Lies?

Different Worlds

they were waiting for tzuyu to speak again, to explain what she meant by that but guessed she wasn’t going to start talking unless she was asked again.

 

 

but it was mina who talked.

 

 

“what do you mean by she’s not who we think she is?” she sounded desperate.

 

 

“before i answer your question, let me ask you something.” tzuyu said gripping her glass. 

 

 

“oh come on! just ing tell me! do you know where nayeon is? she’s been gone for two days now!” mina slammed her hands on the table startling her two other friends.

 

 

sana and jihyo tried to calm mina pulling her back to her own seat. 

 

 

“okay, i’m going to tell you. but in private,” tzuyu looked at sana and jihyo and they both got the signal and went to mina’s living room and watched tv.

 

 

“so?” mina was starting to get impatient.

 

 

“do you know about what happened to that boy? near her? the one hanging upside down?” tzuyu asked unlocking her phone. 

 

 

mina nodded.

 

 

she then gave mina her phone showing a photo of a silhouette of a woman with a red eye standing in front of a kneeling boy.

 

 

“how did you get a photo of this?” mina asked zooming in the picture trying to see the face but it was dark due to lack of light.

 

 

“that boy. he’s actually my classmate,” 

 

 

mina looked at tzuyu with wide eyes.

 

 

“is he okay? is he alive?” she asked. tzuyu nodded.

 

 

“yes, he is. he’s still in the hospital,” tzuyu her lips, “when i visited him, i asked what the thing looked liked. if it was a person or an animal or—“ mina cutter her off.

 

 

“what did he say?”

 

 

“he said it was a woman with red eyes probably just as tall as....i think you,” tzuyu explained. 

 

 

mina handed back her phone and tzuyu started to look for something again on her phone. once she found it, she exhaled deeply.

 

 

“and i think i know who it is,” she gave back her phone to mina who was giving her a confused looked. 

 

 

she nodded at mina and mina looked at the phone and gasped. it made sana and jihyo looked at them but tzuyu told them it was okay and they both calmed down and went back to watching tv.

 

 

the photo shows the boy already hanging upside down and a side profile of someone she really knows.

 

 

“nayeon...” she muttered under her breath, “she was the one who did this?” she looked at tzuyu with tears falling down to her cheeks.

 

 

tzuyu nodded, “yes. so, mina. please be careful.”

 

 

“nayeon never once tried to hurt me,” mina broke down. 

 

 

“i know, mina. but just please be careful. there will always be a time that nayeon won’t be able to control herself and might hurt you,” 

 

 

mina shook her head, “no she won’t.”

 

 

“mina please don’t be stubborn. nayeon is the bad one. the one who’s not supposed to leave their world because of how she can be,” 

 

 

tzuyu told mina everything about how nayeon can be really different once something will trigger her. she told mina how nayeon hates, like really hates, people who annoys her. she’ll hurt them but won’t kill them (if nayeon can control herself). 

 

 

tzuyu left after they talked. sana and jihyo followed saying they still have work to do and of course, mina understands.

 

 

now that she’s alone, should mina be scared? knowing nayeon might just appear in front of her and do things to her? 

 

 

no. she wasn’t scared. she knows nayeon. she knows nayeon won’t hurt her. and if she does, she’ll understand. 

 

 

she’ll choose to understand because nayeon is not one of them after all.

 

 

 

 

she loves nayeon.