It’s Happening Again

Different Worlds

 

 

mina was currently doing her projects when she heard the doorbell rings. she think it might be nayeon coming back from her ‘errands’. when she opened the door she sees nayeon and gave her a hug and at the corner of her eye she see another figure. 

 

 

“oh hello, tzuyu,” mina greeted and went inside the apartment. “uhm..” mina looks at the two with one finger pointing at nayeon then to tzuyu and vice versa. both of the girls chuckled at mina’s action. 

 

 

“we bumped into each other when i just finished my wo— i mean, coffee from the cafe,” nayeon almost outed herself. it got her thinking. why would she hide it from mina? i mean she’s just working, right? she can tell her that later about her job. 

 

 

“i need— i need to go to the bathroom,” nayeon stuttered. she was feeling a little bit dizzy maybe it was because of what happened outside the cafe with tzuyu. 

 

 

“are you okay, unnie?” mina and tzuyu said in unison taking a step closer to nayeon checking if she was okay. but nayeon step back, shook her head yes and ran to the bathroom. 

 

 

just as she closed the bathroom door, nayeon dropped to the floor. her eyes stings, her body aching and her eye sight starting to turn black but she was fighting it. 

 

 

it’s happening again. 

 

 

she stood up hands at each side of the sink and she looked at herself in the mirror. 

 

 

her eyes were horrible. both colored black. she started to breath heavily and screams she cannot control begin to come out of . at first she tried to control it, but when she unintentionally opened again, a loud monster like groan escaped from that was probably heard by her girlfriend and her cousin. 

 

 

she tried to calm herself thinking she might control this then she heard loud footsteps outside the bathroom followed by a loud bang from the door. 

 

 

“unnie, open this door!” tzuyu shouted as she kept trying to twist the door knob and kept banging the door. 

 

 

“nayeonie..” 

 

 

it was mina’s. she knows mina was trying to calm her too. but she can’t control it this time. it’s more powerful and more controlling. even herself can’t stop it. 

 

 

nayeon’s vision was starting to turn black. her legs were weak and it made her drop on the floor. tzuyu managed to open the door using her body. 

 

 

“u-unnie, y-your eyes!” tzuyu stutters visibly scared. “oh no,” 

 

 

“tzuyu, take mina! don’t let her come near me! take her with you!” nayeon groans. 

 

 

“no, no, please. nayeon unnie, please i don’t wanna leave you,” mina cries trying to get close to nayeon but tzuyu was pulling her away. 

 

 

“mina, baby, don’t worry..i’ll be okay. but you’ll have to leave me first okay? because this time, i might hurt you,” nayeon said trying to sound calm to not scare mina even more. “tzuyu, leave now!” 

 

 

tzuyu grab mina’s hand tightly to make sure she won’t run off to nayeon and drag her out of the apartment. 

 

 

nayeon let out a groan and that’s when everything went black. 

 

 

 

 

 

nayeon felt someone poking her cheeks as she sleep. she tried waving them away but it keeps coming back. she groans and stood up so quick she immediately regretted when she felt her body so sore. she tried rubbing her body with her hands and felt someone else’s presence beside her. she slowly turns her head and jumped when a smiling face was the first thing she sees. 

 

 

“welcome back,” she smiled moving to the side to let nayeon see the view outside the room she’s staying. 

 

 

“h-how did i get here?” nayeon panicked. she looked around the room and it was very familiar. so familiar that it looked like her room.

 

 

it is her room. 

 

 

“your father told me to find you,” she said pouring water to a glass and handing it to nayeon. “once i found you, i saw you laying near a big tree beside a river,” 

 

 

“i need to go back,” nayeon placed the glass beside her and tried to stand up but only ended up in wincing in pain. “it hurts,” 

 

 

“just rest for a bit. you know you were slowly turning into one but i don’t understand how you managed to stop it,” she looked at nayeon with a brow raised.

 

 

“i dropped myself near that tree so i can get unconscious,” nayeon lets out a small laugh. 

 

 

“that’s so stupid but at the same time very smart,” she shook her head, “but...why did you fight it? didn’t you wait your whole life so you could be like your father when you reach thirty?” she asked. 

 

 

“i don’t want to anymore,” she looked down at her lap, “i just wanna be normal,” 

 

 

“let me guess, you’ve met someone,” 

 

 

nayeon nods happily. 

 

 

“that’s possible,” she said and nayeon looks up to her, “but! but, you have to tell your father that. he can only help you,” 

 

 

“thank you chaeyoungieee,” she hugged the small girl. 

 

 

“you’re welcome unnie,” 

 

 

“now i really need to go back. i need to go to mina she might be worried now. how long was i asleep?” nayeon asked slowly standing up from her bed.

 

 

“three days,”

 

 

“three days!? are you sure i wasn’t in a coma or something?!” 

 

 

“nope. you kept asking me for water, so no,” 

 

 

“i’ll go now. see you later chaeng,” 

 

 

 

 

 

mina was staying at sana’s for a bit. after what happened at hers, she told tzuyu she’s going to stay with sana because she doesn’t want to burden her though tzuyu said it was fine. 

 

 

mina wanted to see nayeon. to see if she was fine. but tzuyu told her it’s better to not go back to her apartment unless nayeon comes to her. they had to make sure nayeon goes back to normal first. she busied herself doing her projects and playing video games to take her mind off of nayeon. she’ll come back. she knows it.

 

 

mina thought about the consequences of loving someone not her kind but she’s actually fine with it. at first she wasn’t of course, i mean who would love a demon? but when time goes by, she learned to love nayeon and it made her realized that she can’t go on a day without her nayeon. it made her feel weak and felt something missing in her mind. she wanted to stay with nayeon everyday if that’s even possible since nayeon kept changing. 

 

 

but it’s okay. mina will understand. she’ll always wait for nayeon to come back. 

 

 

“mina,” sana noticed mina was lost in her thoughts so she tried getting her attention but to her attempt it didn’t worked, “mina!” she tried again, but this time it was louder. 

 

 

“what?” mina finally answered after shaking her head. 

 

 

“are you okay? you seem pretty lost in your mind,” 

 

 

“oh— yeah, yeah! i-i’m fine..” mina stuttered collecting her papers that was scattered on the table. 

 

 

“you miss her don’t you?” sana asked and mina stopped from what she was doing. 

 

 

“yeah..i just want to see her and to see if she’s fine,” tears forming in her eyes. 

 

 

“she’ll come back, mina.” sana assures her patting her shoulder and giving her a side hug. “she’ll be back..”

 

 

they went back to what they were doing and heard a knock on the door. mina and sana looked at each other and the knock was getting louder. 

 

 

“coming!” 

 

 

sana opened the door and to her surprise, it was her friends, momo, jihyo and jeongyeon carrying a plastic bag in each of their hands. 

 

 

“what are you guys doing here?” 

 

 

the three gasped and placed their hands in their chest acting as if they were really offended.

 

 

“how dare you ask us that! we’re here for minari, not you!” momo stuck her tongue out making sana roll her eyes. sana step aside for the three to come in. 

 

 

“we’re here in case mina might need us. first relationship really has it’s first problems mina,” jeongyeon said putting the bags near the sink. “we’re here for you because nayeon might appear still in her form,” she joked.

 

 

“i regret telling you! it was fine when only sana and jihyo knows it,” mina groaned.

 

 

“you still told us,”

 

 

“but i regretted it now!” mina fights back.

 

 

“but seriously mina. what does nayeon looked like when she was...you know...” jihyo looks at her. 

 

 

“uh— her eyes were black and her voice was changing but her body- her body was still the same,” mina answered.

 

 

“i guess she was fighting it,” momo joined in the conversation after her call. “and i think i have a good news for you all!” 

 

 

mina, sana, jihyo and jeongyeon looked at her waiting for her to continue. 

 

 

“class is cancelled next week!” momo rejoiced clapping her hands and jumping in her place. 

 

 

“what?! i just finished a project!” sana groaned slapping her papers. “well at least you’re done now!” jeongyeon argues. 

 

 

“so what do you guys wanna do?” jihyo asked. all of them shrugged besides mina who was again lost in her thoughts. they looked at mina in concern. “mina are you okay?” they asked and mina nodded. 

 

 

“i’m fine, just tired.” 

 

 

“you can go in my room and rest now mina,” sana told her. mina went inside sana’s room. all of the girls exchanged looks. 

 

 

 

-

 

i love reading your guys' comments!!! it just makes my day!!! thank you guys!!!