Change

Different Worlds

 

when nayeon met up with her father, she was scared but she built up her courage. her father was surprised to see her daughter standing in front of his throne looking down as if she did something horrible and her father will scold her. her father was confused to why she was here and what does she wants. she told her father that she wanted to be her mother. a human. and that she just wanted to live a normal life in the human world. he wasn’t surprised. he knew this would happened and he accepted whole heartedly to nayeon’s surprise.

 

 

“really, father?” nayeon looks at him with wide eyes. she was happy but confused. she only wanted to be like him because he told her so when she was still a child. 

 

 

he nodded, “yes, my daughter. though i’ve wanted you to rule our kingdom here but i knew...i knew in my heart, if i have one,” he joked making nayeon giggle, “that you will want to have a normal life,” he smiled. 

“you can live with your mother if you want to,” he pats nayeon’s head. 

 

 

“but what about you father?” nayeon asked concerned about her father. “won’t you be alone here?” 

 

 

“nonsense. your mother still visits me, you know,” he laughs, “i visit her too,” he told nayeon how he visits his wife everyday and never fails. the reason nayeon’s parents can’t stay together is because a human cannot live in the underworld. but they promised to visit each other everyday. they also met like how mina and nayeon met. her father also heard her mother’s voice and next thing he knows is, he was right beside her. and after days of being together, the fell in love. 

 

 

“but father..how will i turn into a...completely human? and why didn’t you turn into one, too?” nayeon asked. 

 

 

“ahjussi will help you. and to answer your second question, i didn’t want to. i promised my father that will rule the kingdom and your mother and i promised we’ll still be together. well, not physically,” he laughs. 

 

 

“but how will ahjussi help me?” 

 

 

“it’s actually quite easy. he just have to remove some of my genes into your body and let you drink some i don’t know drink,” he snorted also making his guards laugh. 

 

 

“what!? that easy!? you made me go and suffer from turning into something i wasn’t when he could just— how dare you, father!” nayeon pouted looking at her father. 

 

 

“i’m sorry my child, i didn’t even know you wanted to be human,” he laughs loudly. so loud that the whole palace will hear him. he just love laughing despite being a demon. “now go to ahjussi,” he pushes nayeon from her chair to his guards. “they’ll guide you to ahjussi,” 

 

 

“you’re not going with me?” 

 

 

“i have to finish this chess,” 

 

 

“ugh! you love your chess game more than your own daughter!” nayeon faked offended. 

 

 

“you know it! now go!!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

after all that test and drinking drinks nayeon don’t know, finally, she’s back to the human world. 

 

 

nayeon was scared at first to what he’ll do to me. her mind was full of thoughts like; ‘will he remove all my blood?’, ‘is he going to rip off all my skin then do what he has to do?’. but what he actually did was did some rituals and poked something sharp into her neck and blood started coming out and nayeon was hella scared! she even passed out. but when she woke up, the ahjussi told her it was done. nayeon wanted to laugh because how was that easy? the ahjussi just shook his head and told nayeon it was easy because she was not completely a demon. she looked at herself in the mirror and the scar (that know one seemed to noticed) that was on her neck was already gone. 

 

 

in their world, a scar in their body indicates their loyalty and braveness for their king now (who was nayeon’s father) and it was a sign of being one of them, a demon. and now it’s completely gone, nayeon is now a normal human being. 

 

 

but now nayeon’s problem is that...she’s lost. she doesn’t know where her father took her. the place isn’t familiar with her nor mina took her here. 

 

 

“so much for my comeback,” 

 

 

walking around the streets of the city, stranger she passes by giving her a weird look. probably because nayeon was looking like a fool looking around the place and turning her whole body whenever she sees something new to her. 

 

 

“uh—excuse me,” she walked to an older lady sitting on a bench by the tree eating her bread. the lady looks at her. “do you know where am i?” nayeon asked. the old lady looked at nayeon as if she was joking. 

 

 

“you’re in seoul,” she answered and changed her gaze away from nayeon. nayeon bowed down and thanked her. she started walking again looking around the place to see anything she’s familiar with. 

 

 

“ah! i should ask someone about the cafe i work at. i’m so smart hehe,” 

 

 

she looked both of sides to see who she can asked. she spotted a man reading his newspapers as he was walking. nayeon then walked with him uninvited. the man looked at nayeon weirdly and just walked more faster. nayeon copied his pace. the man starting to feel scared about nayeon’s own doings and decided to stop.

 

 

“what do you want?” he asked folding his newspapers and placing it in his underarm.

 

“can i ask you the direction about a certain cafe?” nayeon smiled so bright even the man almost fell in love. 

 

 

“sure. what’s the name?” 

 

 

then nayeon froze. she doesn’t know what’s the name of the cafe she worked at. she mentally facepalmed herself. she was not smart, she was dumb.

 

 

“uh,” she faked laugh and walked away from him. 

 

 

she was losing hope but she spotted a familiar figure across the street from hers. 

it was jennie! she smiled and walked to the pedestrian lane ignoring the green light and cars honking at her after they abruptly stopped. 

 

 

“jennie!” she jogs to where she was standing but she doesn’t seem to hear her, “jennie!” then she finally got her attention. 

 

 

“nayeon?...nayeon! what are you doing here? this is like the other side of seoul!” she goes to nayeon and gave her a small hug.

 

 

“i’m lost,” nayeon told her. 

 

 

“is that the reason why you haven’t come to work for days!?” jennie raised her eyebrows. “uh no. that’s a different story. but can you help me get back to the cafe because from there i already know where to go,” nayeon answered. 

 

 

“okay. but can you help me with something first?” 

 

 

“sure,” 

 

 

nayeon followed to where jennie was going and they ended up at jennie’s house. it wasn’t that big but it was just the perfect size for jennie. she had a lot of pictures in her walls and wines in her kitchen. she was looking around when she sees jennie reaching for the wine. 

 

 

“you’re drinking?” nayeon asked helping jennie to get glasses for the both of them. 

jennie nodded and smiled. “what for?” 

 

 

“huh? what do you mean ‘what for’?” jennie asked in confusion. 

 

 

“don’t people drink when they’re celebrating? are you celebrating?” 

 

 

jennie only laughs then shook her head. 

 

 

“i—it’s just lisa...,” she sighs, “she broke up with me,” she sniffed. she was struggling to remove the cork from the wine bottle. nayeon didn’t answer but only watched jennie have a hard time removing the cork. “this one’s pretty hard to remove,” she started shaking it. she pressed the wine in her stomach and used her thumb to remove the cork when it flew and hit nayeon’s neck. 

 

 

“ow!” nayeon whines massaging her neck. 

“it’s gonna leave a bruise!” she hissed. 

 

 

jennie laughs, “i’m sorry. your face was funny,” she grabbed a wine glass. “you want one?” she asked and nayeon shook her head no. 

 

 

the whole day jennie was the only one drinking while nayeon, she was just watching jennie and made sure she won’t get hurt. and hours passed by, jennie was already drunk and started blabbering words like how mean lisa is for breaking up with her and how the breaking up wasn’t mutual. nayeon just stayed there and listen just waiting for jennie to passed out so she can take her to bed. 

 

 

while jennie was drinking she can’t help but think of mina and how was she doing. she haven’t seen her for five days and she misses her so much. she wanted to go back now but jennie needed her. jennie is her friend so she’ll stay with her until she’s not drunk anymore and she’ll take nayeon to the cafe. 

 

 

her thoughts was interrupted when she heard a soft snore. she looked over at jennie and she was already passed out lying down on the floor. she wrapped jennie’s right arm around her shoulder and started carrying her to her bedroom. she had a hard time opening the door due to jennie kept moving. 

 

 

she carefully puts jennie in her bed and placed a blanket on top of her body. 

 

 

“goodnight,” she said and left her bedroom.

 

 

-

 

 

i guess just a few more chapters and this story will end lol

and i already have a story in mind and i hope i can write it better ^-^