She’s Back

Different Worlds

 

it was around midnight, mina was asleep when she heard a loud thud waking her up. she thought to herself maybe it was from her neighbors but when she heard it again, it made her jump a little.

 

 

“it’s ing midnight!” she hissed. 

 

 

mina was about to open her bedroom door when she hear a loud groan coming from the other side of her room. 

 

 

she slowly twist the door knob and peeking to see who it was.

 

 

“nayeon!” she ran to her and kneel in front of her.

 

 

nayeon was kneeling, breathing so loud her body was raising up and down, groaning as she supports her body while holding unto the cold wooden floor.

 

 

“mina, go to your room.” nayeon’s sweet soothing voice changed to a really deep one. 

 

 

mina shook her head, “no!”

 

 

“please mina. i don’t want to hurt you,” nayeon plead followed by a loud groan scaring mina a little. 

 

 

“please nayeon tell me what’s wrong?” mina tried to hold nayeon but nayeon pushed her just enough to make sure mina wouldn’t see her face. 

 

 

mina was already crying at this point. feeling helpless because she couldn’t do anything to help nayeon.

 

 

“mina, please go to your room and lock it. do not come out! whatever happens, don’t ” nayeon tried to make mina leave her again but mina wouldn’t budge.

 

 

mina shook her head again tears streaming down her face, “please let me help you,” 

 

 

“you can’t help me mina..” 

 

 

nayeon let out a loud groan again.

 

 

“please..” mina pleads lifting nayeon’s face. 

 

 

she gasped as soon as she sees nayeon’s dilated eyes. each eye has different colors, red and black.

 

 

“n-nayeon..” mina stuttered.

 

 

“mina leave, now!!” nayeon shouted scaring mina.

 

 

instead of leaving, mina wrapped her arms around nayeon’s neck pulling her closer. nayeon tried to push mina but mina just tightened her grip. she started to calm nayeon down, humming songs and patting her back.

 

 

well, that did calm nayeon down.

 

 

nayeon was breathing softly now, resting her head on mina’s chest. 

 

 

they stayed like this for a moment and didn’t realize they both fell asleep in the same position.

 

 

 

 

 

nayeon tried moving but she felt a body on top of her. she realized she was on the floor with someone on top of her. she tried to look at the face of the person by moving the strands of hair on their face.

 

 

“mina..”

 

 

then nayeon remembered what happened last night. she turned into something she wasn’t. something she has no control of. she had been trying to control it ever since but it seems she can’t stop it.

 

 

did she hurt mina? she thought. 

 

 

she looked around mina’s body to see if she had any wounds or scratches or just anything that hurts mina. but she find none. that’s a relief.

 

 

“nayeon,” mina, who just woke up called her name even if she’s just on top of nayeon. nayeon only hums.

 

 

“where were you?” her voice was raspy. she got up from nayeon, and nayeon follows.

 

 

both of them are now sitting on the floor.

 

 

“uh..somewhere,” nayeon looked away. but she remembered to ask mina something. “mina-“ 

 

 

“no you didn’t hurt me,” 

 

 

“okay,” nayeon nodded.

 

 

“nayeon, why didn’t you tell me?” mina places her hand on nayeon’s cheek.

 

 

“tell you what?”

 

 

“that- that you’re not one of the good ones,” mina looked deeply into nayeon’s eyes as if she’s trying to find an answer.

 

 

“i’m am, mina.”

 

 

“someone told me you are,” mina said.

 

 

nayeon shook her head pulling mina, making her sit on her lap. she wrap her arms around mina’s waist and sighed. 

 

 

“that’s what they call me in our world. i’m the bad one because i’m turning into something i’m not and they don’t. they all stay the same,” she explained, “but mina, i can assure you that i’m not bad. yes, i may lose control but it’s something i can’t stop doing unless i try to do something to help myself. so mina please, if i’m turning into something again, leave me. make sure i won’t see you. hide or go to friend’s house. i don’t wanna hurt you,” she cried.

 

 

“you won’t hurt me. and even if you do, i’ll stay. i won’t leave you,” mina caress her hair to calm her down. 

 

 

“but can you like turn yourself into a human again? i mean- you told me your mom isn’t a demon right? so is there a possible way?” mina asked.

 

 

“yes, there is. but it won’t be easy,” nayeon said as she kissed mina’s head.

 

 

“nayeon..” 

 

 

“hm?”

 

 

“i love you..”

 

 

“i love you too..”

 

 

“please don’t leave me again,”

 

 

“i won’t. i promise,”