Oh Sana

Different Worlds

 

 

“mina, come on! at least get out of the house,” 

 

 

sana had suggested that they go out to a cafe to have their ‘relaxing day’ but mina argued that she doesn’t have the energy to go outside. five days since mina last saw nayeon. she wanted to be mad because the last time nayeon had promised mina that she’ll never leave her. but this was different. she needed to leave because she was forming into a different kind. she misses her so much. and thinking staying in her apartment would be a good idea because nayeon might come back and mina will be here to welcome her with open arms. 

 

 

“sana, i don’t want toooooo,” mina whined burying her face into her pillow kicking her legs in the air.  “i just want to sleep!” 

 

 

“mina, you’ve been sleeping for days! can you at least go out?! and get some sun!” sana yelled pulling mina’s leg. but mina started kicking her legs again. 

 

 

“i’m tired, sana,” 

 

 

“come on, mina! there’s a cafe near here that i wanted to try. go with me pleaseee,” sana pouted removing the pillow from mina’s head to let her see her pout. 

 

 

“fine!” mina groans. “get out i’m just gonna change!” sana squeezed her into a hug and left her room giggling. 

 

 

 

 

 

“let’s sit by the window,” sana said as soon as she enters the cafe. mina followed her and sat in front of her. “it’s nice here,” sana looked around. “and not expensive!” she chuckles. 

 

 

sana then left to get their orders in the counter leaving mina sulking in their table. she rested her head on her hand looking outside the window admiring the view while waiting for sana to come back. then she saw a familiar face across the street. she looked closer and gasp. she can’t believe who’s she’s seeing right now. she was about to stand up but sana arrived with their order looking at her. 

 

 

“what’s wrong?” sana asked placing their orders in their table. “i—i think i saw- i saw..” mina stuttered looking at sana still shock. “saw who?” sana looked to where mina was looking. 

 

 

“n—nayeon..” mina looked back again outside and no one was there. “i don’t see nayeon,” sana shrugged. 

 

 

“i—i thought she was there,” 

 

 

“mina, calm down and sit down.” 

 

 

“i thought—i thought i saw her,” mina said, tears streaming down her face. 

 

 

sana sat down beside mina, caressing her back and the heard the cafe bell indicating someone had entered. 

 

 

“you talk to the manager first before you leave,” they heard a familiar voice. 

 

 

 

 

 

on the other side...

 

 

“nayeon that looks like a hickey,” jennie inspects the bruise on nayeon’s neck (while the two japanese was watching them from their seats). when nayeon had asked her what is a hickey she gave nayeon an annoyed look but still explains to her what it is. “you know when you kiss someone and it goes down to their neck and you on it like a vampire,” jennie laughs. 

 

 

“remind me not to ask you anything again,” nayeon rolled her eyes and then their manager appeared. “hello, mr. kim,” both nayeon and jennie bowed to him. 

 

 

“don’t ‘hello’ me im nayeon. you’ve been gone for five days! you know i can fire you right now!” he threatened. “but i’ll give you a second chance,” he sighed. “go back to work tomorrow,” then he left. 

 

 

“that was...easy,” jennie snorts. 

 

 

“well, i got to go now, jennie. see you tomorrow,” nayeon waved her hand and turns away from jennie. just as she turns, she saw someone staring at her from the corner of her eye. she knows who it was and that made her froze. she slowly turns her head to the direction and sees mina looking at her with tears in her eyes. 

 

 

“mina..”

 

 

“nayeon..”

 

 

they both said. 

 

 

mina ran to nayeon and tackled her into a hug making the both of them fall down on the floor earning unwanted looks from the other customers and jennie. mina tightens her grip on nayeon’s neck, head burries in her chest. nayeon felt her shirt getting wet from mina’s tears. 

 

 

“unnie,” mina cries, “i’ve missed you. please don’t leave me again,” 

 

 

“i’m sorry for leaving you, baby.” nayeon caress mina’s hair. “i didn’t fulfill my promise, i’m so sorry. but i’m back..again,” nayeon jokes making mina laugh a little. 

 

 

“let’s go home now unnie,”

 

 

“okay, princess,” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“so you’re telling me that you’re a human now?” sana had to make sure what nayeon just told her before they entered mina’s apartment. during their walk home, nayeon had to tell mina (and i guess sana) about what happened after the bathroom situation. they did not believe it at first because who would? it sounded like it was impossible! from a demon to a human? that’s crazy. nayeon also told them what the ahjussi did to her and how much it hurts. basically she told them everything that happened to her. but nayeon still has to tell mina about the situation earlier at the cafe. 

 

 

“unnie, what were you and jennie doing earlier at the cafe...together?” mina tried her best not to sound jealous but the look on sana’s face, it looked like she failed. 

 

 

“oh, about that. i was about to tell you that when you know..things happened,” nayeon looked down while fidgeting with her fingers. mina felt her heart throb rapidly and nonsense thoughts in her mind. 

 

 

‘i hope it’s not what i think it is’ mina thought. 

 

 

“remember when i told you i was going to out with jennie?” nayeon asked making sana snort.

 

 

“nayeon, don’t say it like that.” sana playfully pushed nayeon. nayeon was confused at first but eventually got it.

 

 

“oh right! when i was going to hang out with jennie..that’s what i meant, yeah,” nayeon let out a nervous laugh, “i was actually asking her for help for our..err date,” nayeon rubbed her arm. 

 

 

“date?” mina asked in surprise.

 

 

“yeah, so that’s why jennie helped me get a job to where she was working so i can earn money and take you out on a date,” nayeon was now shaking. she just hopes mina would say yes going on a date with her. 

 

 

“oh,” was the only thing mina could say. she was still in great surprise. all the thoughts about nayeon cheating on her with jennie has vanished from her mind. 

 

 

“mina..” 

 

 

“will you—“

 

 

“nayeon is that a hickey?!” sana exclaimed pointing a finger to where the bruise was. “did jennie do that?!” she accused. mina was about to walk away but nayeon grabbed her hand. 

 

 

“m-mina, it’s not what it looks like. i can explain. please,” nayeon plead not letting go of mina’s hand. 

 

 

mina just looked at her, “explain then,” she crossed her arms. 

 

 

“okay. when my father teleported me here, i was at the other side of seoul. i was lost, good thing i found jennie and that’s when—“

 

 

“she gave that to you,” sana cuts her off. nayeon then glared at her.

 

 

“no! i wouldn’t do that to mina! that’s when i asked for her help to bring me to the cafe but she told me to help her with something first. when we arrived at her place, she wanted to drink and that’s when the cork hit my neck!” nayeon rambled. “mina, please believe me. i will not cheat on you!” 

 

 

“okay...” mina said softly. 

 

 

“okay?”

 

 

“i believe you,”

 

 

“really?”

 

 

“i know you wouldn’t do that to minari because you’re so in love with her,” sana said as if she was the one in love. 

 

"then why did it seem that you were accusing me of cheating?" nayeon glared at sana again. sana let out a nervous laugh and throw a peace sign. nayeon looked back at mina again.

 

“mina, i love you so much. i wouldn’t dare to do that to you,” nayeon kissed mina’s forehead then to her nose, cheeks and finally her lips. 

 

 

“i love you too, unnie,” 

 

 

“okay!! im outta here! see you, love birds!!” sana shouted from the door then left. 

 

 

“so about the date, mina..” 

 

 

“yes, of course, unnie,” mina giggled. 

 

 

“okay..”

 

 

“okay..”