Eyes

Different Worlds

a loud alarm woke mina up from her deep slumber. she rubbed her eyes, stretching her body while yawning. she grabs her phone from the night stand and her eyes widened seeing what her schedule is for today: ballet practice.

 

 

“oh !”

 

 

she immediately stood up from her bed, tied her hair, finds the clothes for practice and did her business in the bathroom (you know the usual stuff you do when you’re running late for practice)

 

 

just as she exits her bedroom it was nayeon who greeted her who just was about to knock on her door, making mina shriek.

 

 

“god! don’t scare me like that!” she pushed nayeon away from her way and grabbed some protein bar from the pantry. “where are you going?” nayeon asked following mina around.

 

 

“i have a ballet practice,” mina said putting on her shoes.

 

 

“can i go with you?” nayeon asked.

 

 

“no,”

 

 

“uuuuugh, why?”

 

 

“you’ll get bored there,”

 

 

“no, i won’t!”

 

 

“yes. you. will.”

 

 

 

 

 

mina was right. nayeon got really bored. they haven’t even entered the room and nayeon was already whining, regretting coming with mina. the sight of the ballet dancers made nayeon bored. she didn’t even know what ballet was in the first place but she thought it was fun. guess she thought wrong. she was begging mina to take her back to her apartment but mina just rolled her eyes telling nayeon to sit on the floor and to not talk to anybody.

 

 

nayeon was looking around the room. the room has big mirrors in each walls and the dancers were really pretty. but mina was the prettiest.

 

 

but she can’t help to look at herself in the mirror.

 

 

“i’m pretty too,” she mumbled to herself proudly making a smirk face.

 

 

“yes you are,”

 

 

she heard someone said from beside her and it wasn’t mina. probably one of the dancers.

 

 

“hello,” nayeon greeted the girl who sat next to her on the floor offering a water bottle. she declined telling her that she wasn’t thirsty and the girl placed the bottle in front of nayeon anyway.

 

 

“jennie. kim jennie” the girl introduces.

 

 

“nayeon,” 

 

 

“so...nayeon, what brings you here?” jennie asked smiling at nayeon.

 

 

“oh, uh i came with someone but i regretted it already. it’s boring here.” nayeon said making jennie laugh.

 

 

mina was talking to one of their teachers when she heard a loud laugh coming from nayeon’s direction. jennie was rubbing nayeon’s arm making her blush while they were talking. it made mina angry. maybe it was because jennie was flirting with the oblivious nayeon.

 

 

she saw jennie whispered something in nayeon’s ear making nayeon a blushing mess. mina had enough. she walked (more like stomping) to where nayeon and jennie was and cleared making the two looked up to her.

 

 

“what did i tell you about not talking to anybody?” mina glared at nayeon.

 

 

“what’s wrong with talking to people, mina-yah?” jennie stood up facing mina, smirking then left making mina clench her jaw. her sight returned to nayeon who was smiling at her. she then sat down beside her.

 

 

“what did you guys talked about?” mina’s voice becomes soft.

 

 

“oh!-..uh, she gave me this,” nayeon showed a teared paper to mina. “i didn’t know why she gave me this?”

 

 

mina wants to laugh. she really do. but she held it in. nayeon doesn’t really know anything aside from books and other stuff that was in her world.

 

 

“that’s her number. she gave it to you so you can text her,” mina explained.

 

 

“oh. how can i text her? can you teach me?” nayeon asked looking at mina with hopeful eyes.

 

 

“what?! you’re really going to text her?!”

 

 

“well she gave me her number?”

 

 

“no! don’t you ever text her!”

 

 

“mina, stop talking to your girlfriend and come here! we have a meeting,” one of the ballet dancers called her. she gave nayeon one last look before walking back.

 

 

 

 

 

why the hell did i act that way? was i jealous? of course not. was i angry because jennie was talking to nayeon? definitely! but why? 

 

 

 

once nayeon and mina arrived back to the apartment. they both sat on the couch with an uncomfortable atmosphere. mina was embarrassed to why she acted that way earlier. she tried thinking other things but nayeon beside was making things harder. she shifted in her seat trying to be comfortable but how can she be comfortable when nayeon was beside her?

 

 

“hey pretty lady,” nayeon called without looking at mina. when nayeon didn’t hear a response she glanced at mina who was just looking at her.

 

 

“are you- are you mad at me because i talked to someone?” nayeon pouted.

 

 

mina shook her head and sigh, “no. but next time, when you’re talking to someone make sure i’m there. you might tell them where you came from and that you’re not of us.” 

 

 

“okay. i’ll be careful next time when i talk to jennie again,” 

 

 

mina gave her a stern look.

 

 

“you’re not going to talk to jennie again, no. i’m not bringing you back there anymore,” she slaps nayeon’s arm.

 

 

“you know that’s not going to hurt me,” nayeon laughs. mina muttered something which nayeon find hard to hear.

 

 

they continued to talk but avoided the jennie topic because it seems to make mina angry for a reason she doesn’t know.

 

nayeon told her what’s it like to live in the underworld and how it was really different from the human world. she also told mina how they don’t need transportation for they can just teleport, that they don’t go to school but read books to learn how to use their “powers”. she also explained that there are two types of demon in their world: the good ones and the bad ones. 

 

 

for a second mina got scared because she thought nayeon was one of the bad ones but nayeon told her that she wasn’t. the ruler of their place would never let the bad ones leave their place unless they are being supervised. nayeon also showed mina her ability to float. it impressed mina but there was a question bugging her.

 

 

why did nayeon’s eyes turned red?