Feelings

Different Worlds

 

“can i go with you?” nayeon asked.

 

 

“no”

 

 

“WHY?!” she whined.

 

 

for the past five minutes nayeon has been asking mina to let her come to the university because she said she’s starting to get bored staying in the apartment. she wanted to meet new people because she loves making new friends. but to mina, she only thinks nayeon will cause trouble. 

 

 

(but the truth is, she doesn’t want nayeon to come because she knows. she knows jennie is there.)

 

 

(and her friends will ask tons of questions)

 

 

“nayeon, no. what if my professor ask you questions? huh?” 

 

 

“i’ll just sit outside. or just roam around. please, mina let me go with youuuuuuu,” nayeon whines stomping her feet on the floor. “pleaseeeee,” she lays down on the floor and started wiggling like a worm, still whining.

 

 

“you know, for a twenty-nine year old you act like a kid. you act like you’re younger than me,” mina snorted shaking head.

 

 

“pleaaaaase, let me go with youuuu,”

 

 

“FINE! just don’t whine like that you look stupid,”

 

 

nayeon yelled in victory.

 

 

 

 

when both of them arrived outside mina’s classroom. nayeon tried to look inside using the small window on the door.

 

 

“are you sure you don’t want me to go there?” she asked about to open the door but mina stopped her.

 

 

“yes, i am sure. now sit there,” mina pointed at the bench beside the vending machine. “here’s money you can use that vending machine to get yourself food,” she explained as she pushes nayeon away from the door who attempted to open it again.

 

 

“please behave, unnie,” mina plead making nayeon nod like a child. after, mina entered her room. 

 

 

nayeon plop herself down on the bench looking at the money mina gave her. 

 

 

“what am i supposed to do with this?” she sniffed the money, “it smells good.” she then sniffs it again. 

 

 

nayeon looks around the place admiring the building. she spotted a statue of a person who she doesn’t know who, big windows, picture frames and a few students walking and talking. 

 

 

then she spotted someone who she doesn’t want to see her.

 

 

she looked around trying to find where she can hide (at the moment, she forgets she can teleport because nayeon is a dumb demon) and her sight stopped at the door where mina had entered. she composed herself trying to act normal and glanced back at the person who was now walking towards her direction.

 

 

“this is a matter of life and death,” she dramatically said, and opened the door. 

 

 

mina’s professor had stopped talking once she opened the door and closed it behind her, also making everyone look at her including mina who were sending her dagger looks. she smiled at the bald guy, who was mina’s professor by the way, and waved at mina.

 

 

“who are you?” the professor asked, crossing his arms in his chest. “are you one of my students?” 

 

 

“no. but can i sit beside mina?” nayeon smiled sheepishly, pointing to where mina is. the prof raised his eyebrows and glanced at mina. “why if i may ask?” he takes a step closer to nayeon. 

 

 

“because i think she’s very beautiful and i want to admire her,,” nayeon stated and mina who was a blushing so hard lowered in embarrassment. few students were laughing and few were looking at nayeon with heart eyes.

 

 

“no. get out!” the bald guy shouted pointing at the door indicating to leave. 

 

 

“you don’t need to shout! mr. bald guy!” nayeon laughs before leaving in a hurry because the professor might get a hold of her. the students were all laughing at the scene while the professor were turning red in anger.

 

 

 

 

“nayeon! why the hell did you do that? you know i almost got in trouble because of your silly actions! and didn’t i tell you to just sit here and behave? i’m not bringing you with me next time-“ mina rambled just as she got out from the room. nayeon pouted at and looked at the ground.

 

 

“don’t you act cute on me, unnie.” she pointed at nayeon. “oh god, what if my professor fails me because of you? i’m going to freaking kill you.” she turned red, veins popping out of her neck. 

 

 

on the other hand, nayeon, just pulled mina into a tight hug placing her head on the crook of mina’s neck. mina sighed and reciprocated the hug. 

 

 

she knew nayeon will do this. because the last time nayeon got in trouble, she did this. mina will shout at her and then nayeon will hug her out of nowhere then mina will do the same. then they’re okay again.

 

 

mina pulled out of the hug, “why did you go inside, nayeon unnie?” she asked. nayeon just stared at her refusing to tell the reason. nayeon just shook her head then smiled, “because i was already missing you,” she smirked and pulled mina again for a hug. she knew mina liked this kinds of stuff. she learned to do this from the movies she and mina watched before. 

 

 

(she likes it too!)

 

 

“you know it was kind of funny,” mina said, her head on nayeon’s chest. “you called him ‘mr. bald guy’,” she laughs. “when you left, he was fuming. it also made everyone laugh.”

 

 

“well, i’m glad it made you laugh,” nayeon placed a soft kiss on the crown on mina’s head.

 

 

“well, well, well, what do we have here,” 

 

 

hearing that familiar voice, mina pushed nayeon away and glared at jeongyeon.

 

 

“what now?” she crossed her arms.

 

 

“are you that mad that ruin your guys’ moment?” jeongyeon laughs.

 

 

“mina, who is she?” jihyo asked.

 

 

“i’ve never seen her here,” momo raised a brow.

 

 

“why were you guys hugging?” sana smirked.

 

 

mina sighs, “nayeon meet my annoying bestfriends-“ “hey!” she rolled her eyes at jeongyeon, “jihyo, momo, sana, and jeongyeon.” 

 

 

then they all exchanged their ‘hellos’.

 

 

“nayeon wanna join us for lunch?” jihyo asked while smiling. “sure,” nayeon answered.

 

 

“no. nayeon will leave now, right?” mina gave nayeon a look. “i am?” nayeon was confused. she never told mina she was leaving?

 

 

“oh c’mon mina. we won’t ask you questions. i’ll ask nayeon instead.” momo wiggled her eyebrows to her. 

 

 

 

 

 

“how did you guys meet?” jeongyeon started the conversation as soon they settled at the cafeteria. “yeah, and WHY?” momo teased.

 

 

“what do you mean by ‘why’, momoring?” mina glared at momo. 

 

 

“WHY did you meet, mina? she’s a hopeless romantic.” sana laughs and divert her attention to nayeon.

 

 

nayeon smiled, “i met her when i was in her-“ she felt someone kicked her leg. it was mina. “we met at the studio,” mina cut her off. obviously she doesn’t want to tell her friends that they met in her room. that would be weird.

 

 

“how old are you, nayeon?” jihyo asked taking sana’s drink earning a slap.

 

 

“twenty-nine,” 

 

 

“WHAT!?” jeongyeon, momo, sana and jihyo shouted with wide eyes making few students look at them.

 

 

“mina, i didn’t know you’re into older women,” “are you her sugar mommy?” “do you have a kid?” “mina you’re twenty-one!  seven years gap!” 

 

 

they all talked at the same time.

 

 

“guys, guys, GUYS!” mina yelled making the four of them stop talking. “we’re not dating!” she clarified.

 

 

“...yet,” nayeon continued. mina kicked her leg again. 

 

 

“i approve,” sana nods. 

 

 

“a-approve wha- what?” mina stuttered not believing what her best friend said.

 

 

“you,” sana points at mina, “...and you,” then she points at nayeon.

 

 

“me too. even if nayeon unnie is a liiiittle bit older,” jihyo gave mina a thumbs up.

 

 

jeongyeon looks at nayeon, “you. if you break mina’s heart. i’ll break your ing neck,” she points with a stern look. 

 

 

“i won’t,” nayeon smiled. 

 

 

“you know nayeon, before you met mina. she was always whining about not having a girlfriend. she does have a lot of suitors but she likes none! they’re all boys anyway. no one likes boys in this group.” sana her lips winking at nayeon. 

 

 

mina saw what sana did and she threw a piece of grape on her face. 

 

 

“stop that. you always do that to anyone.” she glares. “i can’t help it,” sana sticks out her tongue at mina.

 

 

“no wonder you don’t have a girlfriend. you flirt with anyone,” momo teases.

 

 

they continued to talk about mina. spilling embarrassing moments she did when she was a kid and up until now. nayeon was just laughing with them when she saw again the person she despise. she pretended to pick someone from the floor making everyone else confused. she peeked from the table to see if they were gone and they were. she clears and joined the conversation once again. 

 

 

 

 

 

during the walk to mina’s apartment, mina had been telling nayeon about her friends and about how they annoy mina. but she knows she loves them. 

 

 

it was getting dark and cold. nayeon glanced at mina’s hand. her eyes stayed there. after few seconds, she grabs mina’s  hands and intertwined it with hers making mina froze. she gave mina a smile and continues to walk with a slow pace, just enjoying the view of the city.

 

 

“mina..” nayeon calls.

 

 

“hm?” 

 

 

“i like you...” she confessed. mina stopped walking. nayeon could see the way mina gulps and let out a shaky breath. 

 

 

she knew she liked mina. from the moment she saw her, she knew she was feeling something. but at first, she didn’t wanna admit it to herself. though she hadn’t been in a relationship too in the past, but she knew what she felt for mina was real. she really likes her. they way mina’s eyes twinkle whenever she laughs, her moles that looked like constellations. her gummy smile, oh god, her gummy smiles that she loves so much. everything about mina. 

 

 

she just loves it all. her flaws (does she even have one?), the way she walks, she walks like a penguin. nayeon pointed that one out when they were watching about animals (and mina told nayeon that she looks like a bunny). 

 

 

it wasn’t her plan to confess. they have been living together for a month now and she thinks that it would be too soon. but she didn’t care. she wants mina.

 

 

“i’ve searched up things to do when you’re going to confess but it turns....bad,” 

 

 

it’s true. she searched up things you do when you’re about to confess to someone you like when mina left the apartment. and let me tell you, it was a disaster. nayeon was getting distracted from the pop up ads (she didn’t know they were ads she thought it was used to distract her and not confess) about remedies to do when you have itchy skin, girls wanting to be with you and they’re just a kilometer away and most importantly dating sites. she did ignore them but she found YouTube. she watched videos thinking people are stuck in there too but she remembered mina told her that they weren’t stuck inside.

 

 

so her confession today was not romantic at all and it was rushed but she didn’t regret a thing. she needs to let it all out.

 

 

“you don’t have to answer just yet. it’s okay,” nayeon tries to cheers up the silent mina. 

 

 

they both continued to walk home and mina remained silent. nayeon was the one who continues to talk telling mina about the underworld trying to lift up the mood.

 

 

as they both arrived, mina immediately went to her room and locked the door. she leaned against the door with her hand up to her chest feeling the beat of her heart. it was fast. 

 

 

she felt butterflies in her stomach when nayeon confessed and a little bit shocked and very happy.

 

 

she knew she likes nayeon too.