She’s Back

Different Worlds

“i thought she was getting crazy because of how lonely she is!” sana lets out a loud laugh.

 

 

mina is currently sitting with her friends inside the university’s cafeteria and sana was telling them what happened yesterday. she rolled her eyes then sigh.

 

 

“i am not crazy!” mina answered back glaring at sana. “let me remind you mina that you opened the door and a knife pointing at me!” sana said pointing her fork to mina.

 

 

“but seriously though, was there really someone in there mina?” momo joined in the conversation. 

 

 

mina nods like a child, “yes! she was poking my face trying to wake me up!”

 

 

this made her friends’ eyes wide. 

 

 

“you were probably just hallucinating,” jeongyeon who came out of nowhere spoke taking a seat next to jihyo, who punched her shoulder because of her sudden appearance.

 

 

“maybe,” mina looks down at her food. ignoring her friends argue about the lecture today. 

 

 

 

 

nayeon was back again at mina’s apartment. she disappeared when someone else has entered mina’s home. she chose not to be seen. for now.

 

 

she was roaming around the place, looking at unfamiliar things placed all over the wall and on the ground.

 

 

“what’s this?” 

 

 

she was holding a tv remote. she tries pressing the numbers but it seemed that nothing is happening. then, she pressed the red circle and that’s when the tv . it made nayeon jumped a little and then walked closer to the tv and investigated. she taps on the screen numerous times.

 

 

“oh no. why are you guys inside?” she said, worried that someone was inside the tv. she walked around the tv to only see wires and the wall. she scratch her head then went back in front tapping the screen again.

 

 

“well, i guess you’ll be stuck in there forever,” she laughs.

 

 

then she heard footsteps at the other side of the front door and door handle was twisting open indicating that someone was about to enter.

 

 

“hello,” she greeted the house owner.

 

 

it made mina stopped and looked at nayeon who was smiling at her.

 

 

“you again!? what are you doing here!?” mina raised her voice with widened eyes. 

 

 

“what is this big square thing? and why are there people stuck inside? can they like..get out?” nayeon asked ignoring mina’s question. she then pressed a number on the remote at it changes to the news channel. “oh he’s looking at me!,” nayeon looked at mina in shock then back at the tv, “hello, can you see me?” she waved her hand in front of the news reporter.

 

 

no time to be scared. mina thought to herself.

 

 

“okay, n-nayeon..how did you get here? i thought you left yesterday? it’s not like i want you here or anything, i just- hey! what are you doing?!” mina shouted at the girl while she closes her door and walked to nayeon who was pressing buttons on her playstation.

 

 

“stop,” she slaps nayeon’s hand. she froze when she realized she touched the stranger’s hand.

 

 

“you have strange stuff in here, but i like it all. it looks interesting but i don’t know how to use ‘em,” 

 

 

nayeon seemed harmless and that made mina calm down and composed herself and sat on her couch. nayeon then followed her and sat beside her but mina moved away a little, uncomfortable that they were really close.

 

 

“i think i’m going crazy. yesterday you were here..but when sana was trying to find you, you were gone,” she laughs pinching her arm testing if she was dreaming and winced in pain. nayeon laughs at this.

 

 

“i’m real!”

 

 

“i can see that! but why are you here? in my apartment?!”

 

 

“i think it’s because you summoned me! you were calling me,”

 

 

“i did not!” mina whines.

 

 

“yes, you did! i won’t be hearing you whine if it weren’t just nothing!” nayeon crossed her arms.

 

 

“so you’re saying that you heard me whine because it had to do something between us?” 

 

 

nayeon nods, “well one of my people disappeared because she also heard someone calling her. she said it was so loud that the whole place might hear it but she was the only one who heard it and then few hours later she disappeared. poof!” she explained.

 

 

“what? are you saying we’re soulmates?” mina coffs in disbelief.

 

 

“no, but i think it had something to do with your whinings.”

 

 

“unbelievable.”

 

 

 

 

 

all night, mina tried her best not to get closer to nayeon because she thought that nayeon might do something to her. 

 

 

but nayeon barely did anything but watch tv and still wondering how did people get in there.

 

 

mina thought what nayeon said earlier. nayeon had a point, she won’t be hearing mina if it was just nothing. clearly, it mean something. but what is it?

 

 

“what are you thinking?” 

 

she shook her head from her thoughts, noticed nayeon’s face was in front of hers. she backed away making nayeon giggle.

 

 

“you,” mina answered not thinking what she just said. “really?” “but not like what you’re thinking right now!”

 

 

the same night, mina tried asking nayeon questions, like: how did nayeon get inside? where did she come from? and why does it seem like she knows nothing about technology? but nayeon didn’t answer a single question as she was distracted by the refrigerator that mina opened when she was asking nayeon questions.

 

 

nayeon was opening and them closing the fridge with her eyes peeking to see the light inside going on and off as she opens it. also inhaling the cold air coming from inside.

 

 

mina also noticed that nayeon was wearing something that this generation was wearing. it seemed like nayeon doesn’t really know how to dress herself and just wear whatever she sees in her closet (if she even have one). she is wearing a black track pants and a gray oversized t-shirt. she looks very comfy.

 

 

then she remembered what happened yesterday. she remembered nayeon saying she was from the underworld. is nayeon a zombie? a dead person? but she doesn’t look like it. she looks normal. maybe nayeon was just playing with her. right? but with the clothes and her acts, she seemed different. maybe nayeon has a mental disorder. yeah, that. that’s what mina chose to believe.

 

 

“if you’re thinking about what am i, i’m actually a demon.”

 

 

or not.

 

 

but she doesn’t look like it. 

 

 

nayeon sat in front of mina, but on the floor.

 

 

“my mom is actually a human and my dad isn’t,” nayeon tells, “they met when dad was tested by his father to try to teleport from the underworld and to the human world. and that’s how they met,” she explained. “i’m not actually a hundred percent demon but that’s what i like to believe since i grew up with my dad,” she continues.

 

 

mina shook her head, “why are you telling me this?” she asked.

 

 

“i don’t know,” nayeon shrugged giving mina her bunny smile. 

 

 

(which mina find cute, by the way)

 

 

at dinner, mina continued asking nayeon questions (that nayeon finally answered) like how old is she, when’s her birthday and if she goes to college.

 

 

“i’m twenty-nine years old,” nayeon said, “i don’t know when’s my birthday and i don’t go to college. i never went to school,” she grabs the noodles with her hand ignoring the chopstick beside her and shoving it into . “twis teys gwod,” she shove a handful of noodles in again.

 

 

mina laughs awkwardly, “you’re twenty-nine? gosh, you’re old,” 

 

 

“i’m not! but this,” she motions her hand to her body, “it doesn’t change. only my age.” mina nods while smiling.

 

 

 

 

“hey, pretty lady.” nayeon called her.

 

 

both of them was sitting in the living room but nayeon sat on the floor a little bit further from mina. mina hums then looks at nayeon.

 

 

“what’s your name? i’m gonna stay here for awhile so might as well know your name,”

 

 

“who says you’re staying?”

 

 

“i thought you wanted a girlfriend?”

 

 

“yeah but not you- not a demon person who appears out of nowhere! and you’re too old for me!”

 

 

“gosh okay, no need to shout,” nayeon chuckles then pout.

 

 

it was almost midnight when mina started walking to her room and noticed nayeon was following her. she told the older girl to sleep on the couch as she was not comfortable sleeping on the same room with a complete stranger. she gave nayeon a pillow and a blanket. 

 

 

but mina doesn’t know that nayeon can teleport to places and mina found her laying next to her which she forcefully pushed her from her bed and telling her to leave the room. nayeon pouted then went back to the living room.