On The Loose

Different Worlds

mina was starting to freak out. from nayeon to changing eye color to red to controlling the weather? or was it just a coincidence? they were watching a movie about dogs and technically the dog got lost and nayeon was crying hysterically. it was sunny, she knew it was, then it started raining hard. but when they were watching a comedy movie, nayeon was laughing so hard she couldn’t breath, it was sunny.

 

 

it was nice that nayeon already knew the things about human stuff. she learned fast. but whatever she learns, she applies it to mina. 

 

 

and mina hopes nayeon will change the movie.

 

 

they were watching a movie where it included kissing...and .

 

 

it was nayeon picking random movies and mina, well mina, just went along with it. they were old enough to watch it, right? nayeon is twenty-nine and mina is twenty-one. wow what a gap.

 

 

she glanced at nayeon while the movie was playing where the scene was two people kissing, and nayeon suddenly her lips. mina felt her face heat up at the sight and looked away.

 

 

“that was hot,” she mumbled to herself. nayeon looked at her confused maybe because she heard mina say something. mina shook her head indicating that it was nothing. nayeon smiled and went back to watching the movie.

 

 

mina shouldn’t be feeling this kinds of things but she just couldn’t help it. especially when nayeon is being so cute and sweet.

 

 

she remembered the time where nayeon tried to cook for mina but failed terribly. it was only eggs but mina guessed she needed more practice. also the time where nayeon wanted to help mina do her projects but just ended up doodling creatures on a blank paper. well so much for helping. she find everything nayeon does, cute. and makes her heart flutter for some reason.

 

 

they’ve gotten really close. 

 

 

 

 

 

mina is so tired. tired from her work and from their terror professor. she just wanted to rest. sleep all day if she can. 

 

 

she opens her apartment door and spotted nayeon standing in front of her with a big smile on her face but turned into a concerned one when she saw mina looking very tired. 

 

 

there was also tears threatening to fall from her eyes making nayeon walk up to her and wrapped her arms around mina, embracing her tightly.

 

 

“i’m so tired, unnie,” it was the second time mina called nayeon ‘unnie’ but she wasn’t complaining. mina only calls her that when she’s having problems or when she’s very tired from college works.

 

 

mina tightens her arms around nayeon waist and buries her head on the crook of nayeon’s neck. 

 

 

it felt nice. they both knew that.

 

 

“it’s okay mina, i’m here,” nayeon pats mina’s back softly as she lifts mina up in a bridal style bringing her to her room. 

 

 

 

 

“mina-yaaaaah,” sana shouted from the phone making mina pull it out from her ear. “stop shouting!” she said making sana giggle.

 

 

“we’re outside your door!”

 

 

“what!?”

 

 

“come on, mina. hurry up and open the ing door!” she heard jeongyeon from the speaker. she sounded annoyed, mina laughs. but she remembered nayeon is here. she ended the call and tried to find nayeon in her not-so-big apartment and she spotted her in mina’s bed reading nursery books mina bought for her because she asked. 

 

 

“unnie, please stay here. my friends are outside they’re not supposed to see you,” mina panicked thinking about her friends seeing nayeon. 

 

 

nayeon laughs, “you do know mina they won’t ask if i’m not a human, right? they will just think that i’m one of you guys,”

 

 

“no, not that! they will tease me knowing someone lives with me here now,” 

 

 

“i mean, i’m your girlfriend, right?” nayeon smirked. mina shook her head, “i never agreed!”

 

 

“mina! open this ing door now!” she heard her friends shouting. she gave nayeon a warning looked and went to the front door and opened it, while smiling.

 

 

“what took you so long?”

 

 

“she probably killed someone and was hiding it.”

 

 

“that’s stupid, jeong. mina wouldn’t do that right?”

 

 

“there’s a possibility mina will do that,”

 

 

her friends talked as soon as she opens the door and inviting their selves in. they all comfortably sat on the couch as if they were living here. 

 

 

“what are you guys doing here?” mina asked as she takes a sit on the small couch. 

 

 

“we just wanted to hang out, is all,” jeongyeon said taking a bite on her sandwich. “you guys could’ve just called me, right? we can hang out somewhere else and not here.” mina retorts back. 

 

 

jihyo the tv and it was on the news channel. as they were watching, momo spoke.

 

 

“i’m surprised they didn’t show it on the news about what happened near here,” 

 

 

everyone then looked at her confused. 

 

 

“what do you mean?” sana asked. “it was about a teenage boy who was found hanging upside down. he was still alive though, it looked like he was in great shock. his lips were pale as . and he was brought to the hospital.” momo explained making.

 

 

“why? what did he saw?” jihyo and jeongyeon asked at the same time. momo shrugged. “as soon as helped arrived, he kept saying random words like, ‘they’re here’, ‘i saw it’.”

 

 

“he referred to the thing that he saw as an ‘it’. probably not human.” mina said making everyone agree.

 

 

“did he explain what it looked like?” sana asked, obviously getting scared. who wouldn’t get scared if a scary creature is on the loose.

 

 

“he said that it had short hair and a body of a human,” momo shivered. “also red eyes,” 

 

 

“how did you know all of this?” jihyo asked. “you guys might forget that i’m dating a news reporter.” momo laughs.

 

 

“oh right dahyun.”

 

 

“well that creature might be near us so might as well just stick together,” jeongyeon joke trying to lift the atmosphere. mina giggles at jeongyeon and went back to watching the news.

 

 

that’s when she realized it.

 

 

 

 

nayeon had red eyes.