Stranger Danger

Different Worlds

 

 

“hey,”

 

 

mina felt someone was poking her cheeks but chose to ignore it. it might be her best friend, sana, pestering her early in the morning.

 

 

“heeeeey,” 

 

 

she felt a soft poke but this time it was in her chest. she slowly open her eyes and see a person kneeling beside her bed. clearly it wasn’t her best friend.

 

 

she jolted and moved away from the stranger that has, somehow, entered her apartment (mind you that mina was on the 9th floor).

 

 

“w-who are you?!” she asked trying to get ahold of something to use for protection. but sadly, she could only reach her soft pillow.

 

 

“i’m nayeon,” the stranger spoke standing up. “h-how did you get inside? n-no don’t come near me o-or i’ll call the cops!” mina readied herself to hit the stranger who was trying to get close to her.

 

 

“what’s a cops?” asked nayeon tilting her head to the side. mina refused to answer, still can’t comprehend the things happening right now. 

 

 

how can someone break in when she was five locks in her door and no emergency stairs in her balcony.

 

 

“AHH!” 

 

 

she heard the stranger, nayeon, jumped and lean herself on the wall near the door with widened eyes. mina looked to her right and it was her alarm that scared nayeon.

 

 

“what’s that?” nayeon asked, scared. mina rolled her eyes thinking that this stranger is playing with her just to get away with breaking into her apartment.

 

 

“look. i won’t call the cops or anything but just please leave,” mina sighs while still sitting on the cold wooden floor with her pillow covering her chest.

 

 

“but where will i go?” nayeon asked. mina crooked her brows, “to your house, of course!” she said in disbelief.

 

 

“but you were calling me last night,” nayeon gave her an innocent look.

 

 

mina didn’t have the time to think, “i did not!” nayeon nodded. 

 

 

“you did. you kept whining about not having a girlfriend ever since you were born which is kinda funny because you’re really pretty and also, how you said that you wanted one so someone can take care of you and-“

 

 

“okay, stop! how did you know that?”

 

 

“i heard it,” nayeon shrugs.

 

 

“h-how?”

 

 

“i could ask the same. i was just chillin’ in the underworld when i heard you and let me tell you, it was so loud!” nayeon shakes her head while smiling.

 

 

“under-underworld?” mina was starting to think that she was getting crazy.

 

 

first, was she actually having a conversation with a stranger who broke into her apartment?

 

second, UNDERWORLD? is she some kind of a lunatic?

 

third, WHAT THE HELL!

 

 

“yeah, now i can’t get back. i mean, i don’t  know how to. it was just....in a blink of an eye, i was sitting on your bed but you were already sleeping. so when i saw the sun started to rise that’s when i started to poke you and gosh, it took me almost an hour to wake you up!” nayeon rambled, letting out a laugh.

 

 

mina stared at nayeon and that’s all she remembered when everything went black.

 

 

 

 

 

mina woke up with a slight ache in her head. she looked around her room and sighed in relief.

 

 

“thank god, it was only a dream.” she mumbled to herself.

 

 

she stood up from her bed then started heading to her kitchen to grab a glass of water. when she walked past her mini living room, in the corner of her eye, she saw a person and that made her stop her tracks and slowly turning her body to the direction of where the person was.

 

 

“why is there a hole in the middle?” the person asked who was kneeling in front of her unused guitar.

 

 

“who are you? and how- how did you get inside?” mina asked and grabbed the small knife that was on the kitchen counter.

 

 

“i already told you. my name is nayeon and we met earlier in that room,” nayeon pointed at her bedroom door.

 

 

“i thought- i thought it was a dream,” mina placed her hands on her head (carefully not to stab herself) looking down letting out a laugh as if she was turning crazy.

 

 

“please don’t pass out on me again,” nayeon laughs slowly standing up and walking up to mina, who managed to compose herself and pointed the knife at nayeon.

 

 

“don’t!”

 

 

“why? i won’t hurt you!”

 

 

“just don’t!”

 

 

when nayeon was about to speak, the door bell rang. mina was still looking at nayeon, with the knife pointed at her, slowly waking to her door without peeling her eyes off the girl.

 

 

“that happened earlier but i didn’t open that because i didn’t know how to,” nayeon laughs at herself for not knowing how to open a door and educated herself when she see mina twisting the door handle to open. 

 

 

when the door was open, mina turned around to greet the person still with the knife pointing.

 

 

“mina! are you planning on killing me?” sana raised her hand up. mina looked at the knife then hides it behind her giving her best friend a smile.

 

 

“hey, sana,” mina greeted. sana walked passed her letting her self in.

 

 

“mina, what’s with the knife?” she asked.

 

 

“sana! someone broke into my house!”

 

 

“when?!”

 

 

“now! she’s still here!”

 

 

“i don’t see anybody?” sana looked around mina’s place and saw no one.

 

 

“what?!”

 

 

“mina, nobody’s here but you and me,”

 

 

“i swear! she was here!”

 

 

“look, mina. get yourself some rest. it’s probably stress stressing you out” sana laughs at herself. “anyways, i kept knocking on your door earlier and the kept ringing doorbell but you didn’t answer?” she asked walking up to mina’s apartment window looking at the city.

 

 

“she told me that someone was ringing the doorbell but she didn’t-“ mina was cut off by sana.

 

 

“mina no one else is here! just rest please mina, you’re just tired from all the work you’ve been working,” sana laughs again at her joke. “but seriously though, rest.”

 

 

“fine,”