Chapter 3:

Daisy

003:

 

 

Why? Why do you still remember me? 

 

 

My eyes were still wide-open as I stare at Jiyong. He look at me with those clueless expression. I am amazed as to how he make those kind of expression but I am shocked as of the moment. I want to stare at him for a longer time but when his expression changes, from clueless to worry, made me got back to the reality. 

 

He remembers me. 

 

“Are you alright?” Jiyong asked. 

 

Am I really alright? I asked myself. 

I don’t know how to react when he said he can still remember me. It’s…it’s really unbelievable! How could he remember me? I am not worthy! I don’t stand out. But… with the thought that he can still remember me despite the fact that it was just a short time and I am not standing out in that crowd makes me… Ahhh. Be still, my heart. 

 

“Y-Yeah.” I replied. “I-I’m just shocked.” 

 

“Eh? Why?” 

 

“Y-You…remembered me.” 

 

He chuckled. And fck, that was the iest chuckle I’ve ever heard. “Of course. You look so cute back then.” 

 

I bit my inner cheek. I don’t want to smile. I don’t want him to see my expression. Fck. These butterflies in my stomach… 

 

He smiled at me. “Ah, this is our station.” 

 

“Y-Yeah.” I mumbled. 

 

The thought that he still remember me makes my heart go wild. I want to scream and dance and kiss his lips. I want to actually hug him- right here, right now. Fck. Fck. I want to tell him that with that just the thought of him remembering me makes me fcking . 

 

Ahhh….ahhh! I’m becoming a ert! 

 

“So, what is your College?” He asked while walking along with me towards the University. 

 

“L-Liberal Arts.” I mumbled. I can’t talk properly because I am focusing more on the thought that he is walking beside me- just few inches away from me. I can hear the birds singing and I can smell his after shave scent. Fcking turn-on! Goddammit. 

 

“Oh.” He mumbled. “Broad, huh.” 

 

I just remained silent. I really can’t talk straightly to him right now. I still can’t digest the fact that he remembers me and he’s walking beside me. It’s a bit too much for my heart. But, I also want to be closer to him. 

 

It’s okay to imagine he will hold my hand while walking, right? That if I will about to stumble, he will held me closer so I won’t fall, right? That if I will tell him that I love him, he will say that he loves me too, right? Fck. Fck.   

 

“Ah, right. Do you have any plans now?” 

 

I looked at him. Confused. Why is he asking me this suddenly? “Eh?”

 

“Well, I just want to ditch the class. Boring professor.” 

 

“But it’s your major—“ my eyes widened upon realising what I’m about to say. Damn. If he’ll know that I know his class schedule he will freak out and call me stalker!  “—I mean, i-it’s not a m-major subject?”

 

“Major. But I’ll just read the books.” 

 

I want to smack myself for almost exposing myself but I smiled inwardly. He is really intelligent. I am so proud that I am in-love with this guy. Engineering isn’t an easy course yet he’s one of the Chancellors best students in his Department. And being part of the Chancellors list is so difficult. The grades you have to maintain needs to be around 95% and above. 

 

“W-wow.” I commented. “Y-You must be intelligent.” 

 

“Nah, just pure lucky. So, do you want to have breakfast with me?” He asked and I guess I am not that strong to resist his plea. 

 

“S-Sure.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Really?” He commented as I talk about my high school experience. I just told him the story about me being chased by a small dog. Stupid. Of all things, why that? But, Jiyong is laughing right now. His laughter is like a music to my ears; his smile is brighter than the ray of sunshine. 

 

I nod, with my cheeks burning from too much embarrasment. “I don’t like dogs because when I was a kid, I was bitten by one.” 

 

His eyes were glued to mine as he took a sip of his iced coffee making my knees tremble. “As for me, I have a dog. His name is Gaho.” 

 

Jiyong pulled-out his phone and let me see a picture of his dog. He seems happy upon flexing his dog to me. When I went to his apartment, it wasn’t there. “C-Cute.” I mumbled. 

 

He laughed. “Isn’t he? Well, he’s in Jeju right now. I can’t look at him while I’m always in the University.” 

 

“Uhh… d-do you live with your parents?” I asked. I want to converse with him as normal as possible. I should ask things that normal people ask even if I already knew some of those. 

 

I saw his lips twitches upwards and his stares become intense. It looks like he’s amused or something.

 

“Nope. My parents were in Jeju and I live here alone.” 

 

“A-Ah.” 

 

“How about you? Do you live with your parents?” 

 

I shook my head. “My family lives in Busan and I also live alone.” 

 

“Why did you study here in Seoul? Busan got good Universities too.” 

 

I smiled. I can’t tell him about that. For now. “W-Well, I want to be independent.” 

 

“Hmmm.” Again, Jiyong plastered that  strange smile. He seemed amused with my answer. What’s so amusing about wanting to be independent? I thought. 

 

“W-Why?” I asked. 

 

He laughed. “I thought you’re somewhat avoiding someone from Busan or you have scandal in Busan.” 

 

My eyes widened. “H-Huh?” 

 

“I was just kidding.” He said as he sip his coffee. “A beautiful and demure girl like you won’t have a scandalous past. It’s impossible.” He said while chuckling. 

 

It felt like my heart stopped for a moment. Suddenly, my breathing gets heavier. My hands were shaking from his words. Does he know? No, no. It’s impossible. I thought. It’s impossible for him to know about my secret. We don’t have common friends. We…we… 

 

I unconsciously lifted my thumb and started to bit my nail. My hands were still shaking. I’m nervous but it’s impossible! He can’t possible know about my past. He shouldn’t! If he’ll know about it, he will freak out! He will avoid me. He will… he will surely hate me! 

 

I am panicking. I felt a warm hand touched the hand that was resting at the top to the table. “Are you okay? You look…pale.” Jiyon asked, concern is written all over his face. “Do you want to go to the infirmary?” 

 

“I’m… I’m fine. M-Maybe the food is sp-spoiled.” 

 

“Are you sure?” 

 

I nod. “I’m fine.” 

 

Fck. I shouldn’t break down. I shouldn’t freak-out. Calm down, please, calm down. It was just a coincidence. It was just an honest joke. 

 

“Hmmm. Then, let’s go somewhere.” 

 

“Eh?” 

 

“Let’s just ditch the whole class for today.” 

 

He started to drag me and went to the station. I was hesitant at first but he’s holding my hand right now. My hand is cold because I am nervous because he is holding it like it’s the most normal thing in the world. 

 

“W-Where are we going?” 

 

“Date. Let’s have a date, Sandara.” 

 

My eyes widened. D-Date? With him?