Chapter 15

Daisy

“Are you sure there’s no one outside last night?” 

 

“Yes Ma’am.” The guard answered. 

 

“O-Ok. Thank you very much.” 

 

I sigh. I bit my nails as I think. Maybe I was just over-reacting? I thought. But with Jiyongs’ stalking history, it’s not impossible. And how come he knows my number? I am sure my family wouldn’t give it him. 

 

I went back to our house and started feeding the twins. Good thing they are really behave. 

 

“Do you like your baby food?” I asked Byeol as I gently touch his cheeks. 

 

“You look so tense early in the morning.” My mom said after kissing my cheeks. She sat next to me and drinks her coffee. 

 

“A-Ah, I just didn’t got enough sleep.” I simply answered, trying to dismiss the topic. 

 

“Really? Did the twins wake-up during midnight?” 

 

“N-Not really. It’s just…” I sigh. “Anyway, the invites were already here.” 

 

“Great.” Mom said as she continue sipping her coffee. 

 

We started eating breakfast when Seungri came. 

 

“Good morning!” She greeted us, enthusiastically. 

 

“Dada!” Byeol shouted. “Bubu!” 

 

Seungri laugh as he gave Byeol a kiss. “I didn’t know he’s so sweet.” 

 

Seungri look at me. “D-Did something happened? It looks like you didn’t sleep well.” 

 

“T-This is nothing.” I simply answered as I put the syrup on my pancakes. 

 

Seungri sigh. “Do you really think you can lie to me?” 

 

“It’s just minor. N-No need to worry.” 

 

“I have to go.” Mom interrupted us. “Aren’t you going to the Hospital Seungri?” 

 

“Nah.” Seungri simply answered. “Take care, Tita.” 

 

A moment if silence filled the air. The twins were silently eating besides me. 

 

“Minor huh?” Seungri snorted. “Is it about Jiyong?” 

 

I dropped the fork I was holding. “P-Please…” 

 

“Still stubborn as ever.” 

 

“I told you, it’s just minor.” 

 

“Ok. I won’t force you to tell me.” He simply replied. He started eating with us. 

 

“Why are you even here? Isn’t it working hours?” 

 

“Did I forgot to tell you? I’m on a leave.” He simply said. “Right, Dal?” 

 

Dal just simply pouted and continued eating. 

 

My eyes widen. “Eh? Why? It’s rare.” 

 

“Well, I’m with a friend.” 

 

I look at him, suspicious. “Is it a girl?” 

 

“Heck. No.” 

 

I laughed. “Ok. Chill.” 

 

He took a sip of his juice. “Anyways, I am here to sort of give him a helping hand.” 

 

“Ohhhh. What kind of help is that?” I asked, curious. Seungri usually won’t get a working leave unless if he badly needed it- like going out on a date. “Do I know that friend of yours?” 

 

Seungri just smiled. “Hmmm. I don’t know. Do you want to meet him?” 

 

I chuckled. “If he’s like you, a playboy, no thanks. I’m busy with my school papers.” 

 

“He’s a nice guy though.” He simply answered. 

 

“Tss.” I replied. 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m so glad you continued your studies here, Ms. Park.” My Professor said as she checks my final paper. “I was so shock when you went to Seoul in the middle of the semester a few years ago.” 

 

I scratch the back of my head. “W-Well, something happened.” 

 

My Professor slightly tapped the paper. “Well, when will you do the thesis defence? Your paper is good.” 

 

“Is it fine to do it a day after tomorrow? Next week, I’ll be very busy for the birthday party of my twins.” 

 

“Who would have thought that you’ll be a mother of two in an instant.” My Professor said as she gave me a smile. “I will arrange the panelist.” 

 

“Thanks Prof.” I replied. “Ah, by the way, my mom said ‘Hello’. And you are invited to their birthday.” 

 

She gladly accepted the invitation that I gave which made me smile. She’s one of the few family friends who encourage me to go back to school after giving birth to my twins. “Of course, I will come.” 

 

 

I went out of the Faculty and sigh. After this week, I finally finished my studies. Although I was delayed for how many years, I’m still glad I got the opportunity to finish my studies. Though proceeding to Med School is still uncertain especially now that the kids are growing up. I want to be a hands-on mom as much as possible. 

 

I was in front of my car when I felt the hair of my nape stand. This sensation is very familiar, frighteningly familiar. 

 

“Dara…” 

 

My eyes widen as I hear that voice. He was staring right besides me. “J-Ji? H-How did you know I am here?” 

 

“It doesn’t really matter.” He commented that made me laugh sarcastically. “Let’s talk, please.” 

 

“It does matter! Are you stalking me again?” I said, horrified. “I will call the police! For fcks sake!” 

 

“I just want to talk. Why… why are you doing this to me?” He asked, almost with a pleading voice. 

 

“Y-You are scaring me!” 

 

I hurriedly opened the car door and went inside. But before I could close the door, he placed his hand on the door. Not knowing this will happen, his hand were stuck in the door of my car. 

 

“!” He hissed. 

 

My eyes widened, so shock because of what he did, and opened the door. “Are you crazy?!” I howled. 

 

I held his hand, who’s now red because of the impact. I was shaking as I look at him. I don’t know what’s wrong with him! Why are you pushing yourself too much? I cried. 

 

“H-Hey… don’t cry.” 

 

“H-How could you…” I mumbled, trying my best to suppress my sobs. “D-Don’t do that again…” 

 

Jiyongs’ free hand held my cheeks and our eyes met while I was still holding his other hand. My lips trembled. 

 

“Now you are looking at me.” He simply commented with a smile. 

 

I forcefully pushed him but his hand held my hand tightly. “L-Let me go…” 

 

“No.” 

 

“Are you going to force me again? Huh?” 

 

He chuckled. “As far as I remember, I didn’t force you.” 

 

I looked away. All the stalkings that I did flashed through my memory. 

 

“I’m in a hurry, please, let me go.” 

 

“Dara, we need to talk.” 

 

“I’m not ready.” I firmly said. “I… I still have bad dreams, Ji. You.. you…” 

 

Jiyong pull me closer to him. “I’m sorry.” 

 

“It’s… It’s all in the past now.” I replied. “W-What you did won’t change a thing.” 

 

“I know. That’s why I am sorry. If… If I didn’t do it… for fcks sake.” He said with gritting teeth. “I know you hate me so much but please, let’s talk. I… I want to make things right. I will—” 

 

“I don’t know…” I replied. 

 

He sighed and let me go. “O-Okay. I… I just want you to know that I still love you, so much.” 

 

I entered my car and drove away. I bit my lower lip. “Now what? Huh?” 

 

The ringing of my phone made me flinch. It was a call from our Nanny. My eyebrows furrow. “Yes?” 

 

“M-Ma’am!” The nanny cried, making me nervous. “M-Ma’am…” 

 

“W-What’s wrong?” I asked, nervously. The nervousness that I felt isn’t normal. This isn’t caused by Jiyong. “H-Hey…” 

 

“D-Dal… D-Dal was… I’m so sorry Ma’am…” 

 

I cried the moment I heard my sons name. I stepped on the brake harshly making me crash into the steering wheel of my car. “W-What happened to him?!” 

 

“W-We were playing in the playground a-and… I was… he… he fell…” The nanny cried. “W-We are in the hospital and S-Sir Seungri is helping me…” 

 

I did’t hear the other words she’s saying. My heart momentarily stopped beating. My body trembled as I process what I heard. I was crying when I heard a knock from my window. I saw Jiyong. I gasped and continued to cry. I want to breathe, it’s difficult to breathe inside the car. I opened the car door and went outside. My knees were trembling as I cry. 

 

“Hey, are you ok?” He asked, holding my shoulder so I could stand. “What happened?” 

 

“Dal… Dal is…” I kept on saying as I cry. “H-Help me…”