Chapter 16

Daisy

I hurriedly run towards the emergency door the moment Jiyongs’ car stopped running. I haven’t thanked him for driving me here but maybe that can wait. When I asked him for help, he immediately ushered me to his car after making sure that my car was locked. He said that it’s dangerous to drive while my mind is hazy. 

 

“Dal! Dal!” I cried. The emergency room isn’t crowded but I can’t find him. “Dal!” 

 

Seungri saw me and went to me. “Dara…” 

 

“H-How’s Dal?” I asked, worried. 

 

“He’s fine. His right arm were just broken because of the fall.” He informed me making me sob. “Let’s go to his room.”

 

“I-Is he fine?” I asked while following him to Dal’s room, frantic. “Seungri, is he fine?” 

 

“Relax, he’s fine.” He assured me. “Calm down.” 

 

“H-How can I calm down. He’s… he’s such a small b-baby and yet… he’s hurt…” I looked at the nanny who’s eyes were puff due to heavy crying. “W-What happened?” 

 

“I-I’m sorry Ma’am. I… I was swinging both Byeol and Dal  in the playground but suddenly, he.. he fell from the swing. W-We used the safety belt but he… he still fall. I don’t know what to do so I called Sir Seungri.” The nanny said. “M-Ma’am, I’m so sorry.” 

 

“It’s ok. It was an accident.” Seungri assured the nanny. “We all didn’t wish this to happen.”

 

I sigh as I wipe the tears from my cheeks. Accident really happen. I need to calm down. It wasn’t the nanny fault. 

 

“It was an accident.” I simply said. The moment I open the door I heard Dal’s cry. 

 

“M-Maaaa!” 

 

I saw Dal and Byeol in the bed. Dal is lying with a cast on his right arm. 

 

“Oh, God!” I cried. I went to hug him and Byeol. “M-My baby…” 

 

“Maaaa!” Dal cried. 

 

I was crying along with him. 

 

“I’m sorry Dal.” I mumbled as I kiss his forehead. “M-Mama wasn’t there when this happened. I’m sorry I can’t protect you.” 

 

“Mama, don’t cry.” Byeol said while whipping the tears on my cheeks. He was smiling while doing this and it made me cry for more. 

 

How can my baby make me so vulnerable like this? I was never a cry-baby. I endure a lot of pain before and hid it so well but seeing Dal like this makes me so weak. I just want them to be by my side and protect them. 

 

I heard the door opened and saw Seungri entered. “See? He is fine.” 

 

I wipe my tears on my cheeks. “But he is hurt. My poor baby…” 

 

Seungri laughed as he pat my head. “It’s part of growing up.” 

 

“But he is still young.” I cried. Again. 

 

“So you want him to break his arm when he’s a bit older?” He joked making me frown. “Come on. It’s not fatal.” 

 

“Argh! Shut-up!” I said while hugging Dal. 

 

“Da-da!” Byeol said. “Hyung is hurt.” 

 

Seungri carried Byeol. “Yeah. I’m glad you didn’t fall too.” 

 

Byeol just giggle. 

 

“When will he be discharged?” I asked. 

 

“He can go home now.” Seungri said while chuckling. “He has 2 very brilliant doctors in the house. Why not use them.” 

 

“Did you called mom and dad about the accident?” 

 

“Yep. And like you, they’re frantic. They were mad that we didn’t go to the hospital.” 

 

I sigh. “Of course. It’s their grandson.” 

 

“They even want to fire the nanny.” Seungri commented. “But it was an accident.” 

 

“I know. Firing her isn’t necessary.” 

 

“Okay. I will arrange the release papers. You can stay in this room for awhile.” 

 

“Thanks.” 

 

Seungri went out of the room while carrying Byeol. I was just there silently hugging and kissing Dal. I am so guilty that I wasn’t able to protect him. 

 

“Dal..”

 

“Hmmm?” He said. His head is pressed on my neck. 

 

“Does is hurt?” I asked. Oh God. I want to cry again… I thought. 

 

“No…” He replied. “Ma…” 

 

“Hmmm?” 

 

I love you…” Dal mumbled. 

 

“I love you too…” I replied as I kiss his forehead. 

 

We were silent for a moment when the door opened. I didn’t look at the person who entered the room. Probably it was Seungri or the nanny. I heard his footsteps coming in. 

 

“You’re fast. How was the—“

 

“D-Dara?” 

 

My eyes widened as I saw Jiyong standing at the edge of Dals’ bed. Even if he said my name, his eyes didn’t met mine. His eyes immediately darted to the person I am hugging. Dal’s weight increased, indicating he is sleeping. 

 

I was frantic, thinking about Dal’s situation that I totally forgot about him. I didn’t realise that he followed me here.

 

“D-Dara?” He repeated. 

 

I immediately calmed myself down. I lay Dal down on his bed and kissed his forehead. 

 

“U-Uhm… t-thank you for sending me here.” I said, nervously. “Y-You didn’t have to follow me. I…” 

 

“Would you mind explaining things?” He said, while looking at Dal and then to me. ‘W-Who… Who is that child?” 

 

I swallowed. I look at my child and then him. “A-Ah, he’s Dal.” 

 

“A-And?” He asked, slowly walking towards the sleeping Dal. 

 

“J-Jiyong…” I nervously said. “L-Let’s talk outside.” 

 

I was trembling as he placed his hand on Dal’s hair, gently rubbing them. I tried myself not to cry. This… this hurts so much. 

 

“He looks just like me.” Jiyong said that made me gasped. “He… he looks just like me when I was still a child…” 

 

“J-Jiyong…” 

 

“How old is he?” He asked while cupping Dal’s cheeks. You can see how much he adores Dal. 

 

“They… They’re turning two next month.” I answered. I was silently crying as I told him the secret that I kept from him. 

 

“T-They?” He asked. Jiyong look at me with the saddest pair of eyes he could wear. Seeing how his tears fell from those sad eyes made me sob. 

 

I nod. “T-They… they are twins.” 

 

I heard Jiyong gasped. His tears were falling from his eyes the same as mine. “W-What are their names?” 

 

“T-This is Dal. T-The other one is Byeol.”

 

Jiyong held Dal’s hand as he kisses them. He was silently crying just like me. 

 

“He look just like me…” He said, on repeat. 

 

“I know…” That’s why I can’t forget you… I want to say those words but I can’t. 

 

“For how long will you gonna keep this a secret from me?” Jiyong said, the tone of his voice indicates that he is angry. 

 

I stand beside him. I don’t know what’s gotten to me but I hugged him from the back. “I-I’m sorry. I-I was…” 

 

“You… you are so cruel…” Jiyong said as he hug the sleeping Dal on the hospital bed.