Chapter 13:

Daisy

“I’m home!” I shouted as I open the door in the playroom. 

 

“M-Ma!” Byeol and Dal shouted as they started to run towards me. 

 

“B-Be careful!” I said as I walk towards them. Their little steps makes me giggle. “Aww, I miss you.” 

 

“Ma!” Byeol muttered, while pouting, singling me to give him a proper kiss. I gave him a peck on his lips. 

 

I look at Dal, who’s just standing besides Byeol, not moving. “Aren’t you going to kiss Mama?” I asked.  

 

Dal looked away but the moment he faced me, he was pouting already waiting for my kiss. My heart clenched as I gave him a peck on his lips. 

 

“I love you baby…” 

 

Even if Dal and Byeol were twins, they don’t have the same characteristics. Byeol is the jolly and playful. Dal, on the other hand, is behave and observant. Dal is really like an older brother to Byeol. With their existence, I am starting to totally move-on with my life. Those bad events happened, they happened to make me a strong person. 

 

“Hello my favourite twins!” Seungri said as he show himself to the kids. 

 

“Da!” Byeol shouted as he run towards Seungri. 

 

Seungri carried Byeol in an instant. “Woah~ it’s just a week but you’ve got heavier.” 

 

“Well, Byeol eats a lot.” I commented. Dal is just hugging my neck, didn’t mind his Uncle. This, well, it reminds me of their father. He used to do this to me whenever we are alone. I shook the thought away. 

 

“I wonder where Dal got that shyness.” Seungri commented. “You aren’t even the shy-type.” 

 

I also wonder. Well, they’re still babies so it’s too early to say that this is their personality. 

 

“Anyways, I’ll just take a quick bath.” I said, facing Seungri. “Would you mind?” 

 

“Take your time. Let Uncle handle these cutie pies.” 

 

“Dal, mama will take a shower first.” I said, trying to get away from Dal’s tight embrace. 

 

Dal motioned himself closer to me. He even buried his head on my neck, making me laugh. “Do you want to take a bath with me?” 

 

Dal looked at me with a smile on his face. I knew it! I thought. 

 

“But Uncle Seungri wants to play with you and Byeol.” I said, trying to explain the situation. 

 

Dal just pouted but eventually climbed down. 

 

“Da!” He said as he started running towards Seungri who’s showing the toys he bought for them. 

 

I smiled. They are growing so fast, I still can’t believe they’re turning 2 in a couple of months. I can still remember how small they are when they were born. 

 

I went out of the playroom and when I was about to close the door, I saw mom heading towards me. She look so frantic. I wonder if something happened. 

 

“Mom.” 

 

She kissed my cheeks. “I’m glad you are here. Where did you went today aside from the Hospital and University?” 

 

I chuckle. “What’s with the reaction and so many questions? You look so frantic.” 

 

“Let’s go to the study first. I have to tell you something.” 

 

Confused, I walk along with my mother. She seemed upset about something. The moment we enter the study, she let out a huge sigh. She’s always calm and collected and seeing her like this, makes me wonder what is wrong and bothering her. 

 

“O-kay.” I mumbled. “So…” 

 

“Kwon Jiyong…” 

 

My heart momentarily stopped the moment I heard his name. It’s been so long since I heard someone say that name. It’s like a taboo to say his name: in order for me to move-on, they make it to a point not to mention his name so I can’t remember him. Well, it is impossible to forget about him though. 

 

“W-What is it?” I asked, trying to act normal. 

 

“The temporary restraining ends today.” 

 

I blink upon hearing the news. I’ve heard that the restraining is good for 2 years. It’s supposed to end last year but when Jiyong actually tried to see me on the first few months, my family filed a complain so it was extended. I didn’t hear anything from him for the last 3 years. I deactivated all of my social media accounts, as part of my healing. 

 

“A-Ah…” I mutter, out of words to say. I actually don’t know what to say. 

 

“A-Are you alright?” 

 

I look at my mom. “I…I actually don’t know mom.” 

 

My mom hugged me, trying to comfort me. “It’s going to be fine. We will make sure he won’t bother you again.” He brushed my hair gently. “Do you want us to move somewhere? Or go abroad?” 

 

“M-Mom, I… I think I should take a bath first. M-My body stinks…” I laugh lightly, trying to get away with the tension. 

 

“Okay.” 

 

She let me go and smiled at me. “Always remember that we are here to support you, no matter what.” 

 

I smiled. “I know.” 

 

I went out of the study and went to my room. The moment I closed the door, I let out a sigh and trembled. Am I still scared of him? 

 

It’s been 3 years. I thought. I wonder what he’s up to in those years. I don’t have any news about him because my family never let me remember him. They try their best to protect me. And by that, they let me have a counselling and moved me here in Busan. Away from the stress, away from the things that reminds me of him. 

 

I took off my clothes and have a shower. The warm water is strange. It’s not giving me warm feeling. I started to scrub my body. I scrub, again and again. I shriek as I felt a bit sting on my chest and I saw blood. Ah, I over-did it again… I thought. 

 

I let the warm water flow all over my body. I want to clear my mind. Hearing this is giving me strange and mix feeling. I am scared but at the same time, I am anticipating something. Something I shouldn’t. He… is strange. He did bad things for me and I… I shouldn’t thing about him. 

 

Something in me is… I let out a sigh. I need to forget about this strange feeling. I need to focus on my twins. 

 

I went back to the play room and saw my mother talking to Seungri. I know she is relaying the news to him as he gave me a worried look. Those look, I somehow hate it.

 

“I am fine.” I said with a smile. “Hello baby.” I said as I carried Byeol in my arm. 

 

“Are you really fine?” Seungri directly asked me. 

 

I smiled. “Yes.” 

 

“Then, why are you trembling?” He asked. 

 

I look at my hand and indeed, it is trembling. “I-I’m just…” 

 

“Aunt…” 

 

My mom took Byeol from me. “Talk to him.” 

 

“Mom. I said I am fine!” I shouted, making the twins look at me. 

 

“Let’s talk, Dara…” Seungri said, ushering me to walk with him. 

 

“I will look after them.” Mom said. 

 

I let out a sigh and followed Seungri. He entered to my room and sat at the chair. 

 

“Tell me what you really feel.” He said as he motion me to sit in front of me. 

 

“I am fine.” 

 

He let out a sigh. “I am not asking that, Dara.” 

 

“I…” 

 

He held my hand. “I am not asking you as your doctor. I am asking you this as your family, your cousin. I am your best friend, right?” 

 

I saw my hand tremble and I let out a sob. 

 

“I… I am honestly scared.” I said, tears were falling from my eyes. “W-What if he comes here and hurt me? O-Or took Byeol and Dal away from… oh gahd!” 

 

I cried more as Seungri embraced me. He pats my back and I cry. I never cried like this before. The fear that I am feeling right now is greater than the fear I had before when I realise that I cannot see him again; and that I am pregnant and he can’t see them. 

 

“He can’t do that.” 

 

“B-But what if…” 

 

Seungri gently pull me away and look at me in the eye. “Did he ever physically hurt you? Intentionally?”

 

I shook my head. “I-It was… he was angry at that time. He… he will never hurt me.” 

 

Seungri smiled at me. “Yes, I know.” 

 

“B-But…” 

 

“Busan is a huge place. He won’t find you.” Seungri assured me. “And besides, you have a tight security here. He won’t find your house.” 

 

“But he… he knew everything about me.” I mumbled. “You heard about his… his s-stalking tendencies. He… he was obsessed with me. He wanted… he wanted to break me.” 

 

Seungri chuckled. “Come on. It’s been 3 years. I know he is not like that anymore. There are things you don’t know, Dara. And I assure you, everything is going to be fine, okay?” 

 

I sigh. “Why are you talking as if you know him.” 

 

Seungri smiled. “Hmmm. Am I?” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A few days later, I went out to Seungris’ clinic to tell him that we should get the invitation prints. The twins birthday is near and I am getting busier because of school and their birthday. I want to personally do the things like invitation designs, reserving the place and whatnot. I was walking towards his clinic when I bumped into someone. 

 

“I’m sorry.” I mumbled as I picked my pouch. 

 

“It’s fine. I’m sorry too I wasn’t looking.” 

 

After hearing this certain tone of voice, I got goosebumps. My heart started to beat so fast, it’s deafening me. I look at the person who bumped into me and saw him smiling at me. 

 

“Ji… Jiyong…” 

 

“It’s fancy meeting you here again, Sandara.” He said as he lifted his hand, putting the lost strands of my hair at the back of my ear. “It’s been what, 3 years?” 

 

“W-What are you…” I lost of words. “W-Why…” 

 

“Do you have time? Can we talk a bit?”