rains & tears

of missing pieces & bubbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyewon wakes up from the surprisingly peaceful slumber she had in a while, blinking her eyes open slowly, she felt someone hugging her by the waist – slowly, she started to be aware of a new scent invading her. She then remembers that Minju slept with her, because Hyewon allowed to.

Hyewon doesn’t know why she agreed to the odd offer, but looking at Minju’s eyes that night – as if she regrets what she just said, but there’s no mistake that she could see genuine concern, Hyewon could not help but to agree.

She then slowly pulls away from Minju, hoping that she would not wake up the latter. Minju looks peaceful while sleeping and Hyewon is jealous – she hopes to find peacefulness in the act of sleeping.

Glancing at the digital clock, she decided to prepare some breakfast for the both of them remembering that Minju has work. Hyewon on the other hand have classes around 9 in the morning and remembers her shift – somehow, she knows that she can get through it, energized from her sleep.

So, when Hyewon is finished cooking some eggs and bacon for the two of them she put up bread on the toaster and went back to her room only to be greeted by an awake Minju.

“Good morning,” Hyewon smiles, “You can go take a bath, I already prepared breakfast.”

Minju nodded, and Hyewon could see that the younger girl is still out of it – the former dragging herself out of the room as Hyewon steps aside to give her way. When Minju is about to walk pass her, she gently grabs her wrist and turns her around.

“Thank you,” Hyewon genuinely said and she laughs slightly at the surprised look, “For last night.”

Hearing the toaster, she nodded her head and went back to the kitchen.

And Minju was left with an odd feeling inside her.

 

/

 

Yujin yawns while waiting for her coffee inside a random café, on the way to her first class. She does not give a damn about being late, she just needs her coffee or else she would not function. Finding the gearings in her head, she was surprised by someone wrapping an arm around her.

“!” Yujin shrieked and she heard a familiar laugh making her groan, “Wonyoung! Don’t do that!”

“Why it’s funny!” The girl laughs, “You look like you need to wake up.”

Yujin rolls her eyes, looking over the counter to see that her order is already being prepared. “Because I’m not awake yet. Mentally. Spiritually. Emotionally.”

“Stop being dramatic,” Wonyoung drawls out looking at Yujin’s face, “Well, it really does look like you had a rough day yesterday.”

Yujin shrugs, “Tell me about it.”

The other girl quirks an eyebrow, interested with the topic. “Oh, mind sharing?”

Yujin flicks her forehead earning her a pout from Wonyoung.

“No, so don’t bother to squeeze it out on me.” Yujin then turns around when she heard her name being called, grabbing her coffee and saying her thanks.

Wonyoung followed the girl, glancing at her from time to time. Yujin could feel the puppy-pleading eyes that the girl is giving her, but she wouldn’t break. She just focused on finishing her daily dose of caffeine to get on with the day.

“Stop doing that, you’re annoying me.” Yujin scrunches her nose, “I’m not finish with my coffee so I’m not in the mood yet.”

Wonyoung grins at her, “Don’t worry I can wait. We’re in the same class anyway.”

Yujin could only mutter a ‘’ under her breath, already expecting the other girl annoying the hell out of her.

“Be thankful that you’re cute.”

Wonyoung smiles sweetly, hooking her arm on Yujin. “Yeah, and that you like me.”

Yujin chuckles, “Yeah. That too.” She sips on her coffee and continued. “But that doesn’t mean I’ll tell you anything.”

Yujin could only laugh at the immediate whine she heard from Wonyoung. This would be a long day.

 

/

 

Minju went to work surprisingly with a smile and some newly found energy that she did not know how to handle. Maybe it was the breakfast that Hyewon cooked for them that morning, or the very peaceful sleep she had while Hyewon is beside her, or the fact that the older girl thanked her for it.

Minju doesn’t know why, but she loves every second of it though she was disappointed that Hyewon rejected her offer to drive her to their campus saying that she does not want to be a burden – again. Minju knows that she should not push it, so she just complied. But of course, they left the same time. Minju would not just suddenly leave the apartment without Hyewon – who cooked her breakfast.

Despite the older girl declining her offer, Minju still managed to smile since Hyewon promised that she would go back to cook before going to her shift that day. She could only sigh when she was reminded that Hyewon would have another deadly shift, but it’s not like she could stop the girl.

“Okay, what got you smiling all morning?”

Minju looks up and sees Chaewon entering her room, “What do you mean?”

“You have this smile – “

“And that’s bad?”

“Yes.” Chaewon quickly answered. “Especially if it’s Monday morning. You always have a scowl on the face.”

“I do not.” Minju denies the accusation, throwing some pen to the other girl who simply dodged it.

“Yeah, whatever. So, why are you smiling?”

Minju squints her eyes, “Are you asking that as a friend or as a secretary?”

“What’s the difference?”

“Touché.” Minju nodded but still decided to answer – the short version though because she didn’t even notice that she’s been smiling. “I just had a really great breakfast.”

Chaewon quirks an eyebrow, “Ohh, morning ?”

Minju choked on air, “What the hell? No!”

Chaewon shrugs, “Wrong guess.” Then remembering something, “How the hell you managed to get some great breakfast?”

Minju thinks about her next answer, frowning. “The new roommate cooked some.”

The other girl is obviously interested judging from how she leaned closer to Minju, “The rude roommate that always wakes up late?”

Minju paused and thinks about how, somehow the both of them started on the wrong foot and here they are now having this certain dynamic that Minju could pinpoint what. She laughs internally on how annoyed she was with Hyewon’s attitude on the first few days.

“Yeah,” Minju weakly says, “She’s a decent cook.”

“Oh, wifey material.” Chaewon teased.

Minju would have slapped the girl by now if she does not have any work to do, Chaewon really knows how to push her button – and she’s taking advantage of their friendship right now.

She then thinks about that maybe Chaewon has a point, with how caring her roommate is and Hyewon just seems so matured – well given that she is older than Minju by 2 years. She shakes her head, why is she thinking like she is actually considering Chaewon’s words?

Minju rolls her eyes, “Then go wife her up.”

Chaewon laughs, “Don’t be jealous Minjuri.” She jokes and squeezed Minju’s cheeks.

“Why would I be jealous?” Minu scoffs.

Chaewon smirks and shrugs her shoulders, “Just a hunch.” Stepping back, she then bows. “Anyways, time to work. I don’t want to face the wrath of my boss.”

“You’re fired.” Minju glares.

Chaewon just sticks her tongue at Minju, “No I’m not. You need me. No one could tolerate your grumpy .”

With that, the said girl left the room.

Minju clicks her tongue and turns to look at her screen, already preparing for the work she needs to do. She then remembers the supposed hangout on Wednesday, and Minju just makes a mental note to remind Chaewon. She hopes she won’t regret it.

What dinner would you like?

Hyewon

Minju looks at her phone and smiles at the sudden question, then she thinks about it and pursed her lips. Well, we do have eggs and she lived in Japan.

She quickly types a reply.

Omurice

Minju

Oh, it won’t be that good since you’ll just reheat it. But I’ll do my best 😊

Hyewon

Minju smiles, wanting to finish her work as soon as possible.

 

//

 

Finishing her second class – which is the very insane Accounting 1, how can she handle another subject like that if she couldn’t even get herself together with the basics, Hyewon looks at the time seeing that it is already almost 3.

Her shift starts in 5 and doing the most basic calculation, she still has time to cook a proper dinner for Minju. Walking along the hallway, she spots two familiar figure and rolls her eyes.

“Hyewonnie!”

She would have ignored the girl if it wasn’t the fact that they are already in front of each other.

“Yujinnie, fancy seeing you here.” She then glanced on the hooked arms, “Given that your class ends around 1.”

Hyewon smirks seeing the obvious panicked, “Wonyoung, right?”

The girl nodded, “Hi Hyewon-unnie.”

Hyewon smiles at the politeness and she wonders how this girl did not rubbed off her politeness to Yujin.

“Nice to see you again,” Hyewon her lips, “With Yujin, nonetheless.”

“Hyewonnie,” Yujin says, as if she’s begging.

Hyewon laughs and pats the younger girl, “Don’t worry, it’s not my business anyway.”

Hyewon then remembers what she needs to do and decided to go on her way, “I need to go now.”

“Your shift doesn’t start until 5,” Yujin says, “Why won’t you join us?”

“I need to cook dinner for Minju.” Hyewon apologetically said, “I don’t want to ruin your date.” She added with a teasing tone, and judging from the blush that the two are sporting, she was successful.

She then laughs and waves at the two, “Don’t hurt her Yujinnie.” And she left.

Hyewon is just joking when she said that, she knows Yujin will not hurt anyone – yes, the girl is always playful and looks like a player, but she knows Yujin would never hurt anyone for that matter. She’s too soft for that.

Walking to the apartment from their university, Hyewon could say it was a decent walk. She suddenly missed those days where she always just walks home, with – shaking her head, she released a breath. Hyewon waits for the elevator, getting impatient all of a sudden.

Why does she have to remember?

Quickly entering the elevator, she pressed 7. Hyewon clenched her jaw, she’s the only inside the elevator but she felt like someone is staring at her – boring holes behind her. But she’s too old for that, she knows it’s all in her head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter