meetings & tables

of missing pieces & bubbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minju woke up without Hyewon beside her she looks around the room to see any sign of the older girl but there was none. Frowning, she walks out of the room expecting to see her roommate at the kitchen – only to be disappointed.

Seeing the time, she realized that it’s already 8 in the morning which means that she would be late for work. Minju walks over to the kitchen when she noticed something on the table. A white container and as she opens it, she was greeted by the fresh smell of pancakes and bacon.

She then noticed a paper sticking on top of the cover.

I have classes in the morning, sorry I couldn’t wake you. I cooked you breakfast, you can bring it in your office.

Hyewon

Minju is still worried for the older girl especially with last night’s events, she was harshly woken up from her slumber from the loud banging coming from her door only to be greeted by a soaking wet Hyewon. And then now, the older girl didn’t even bother talking to her but only left a note and breakfast.

Putting the cover, Minju decided to take a quick shower and send a text message to Chaewon about her being a little bit late. She then reminds herself to message Hyewon as soon as she arrives in her office.

 

Minju is late for 30 minutes but she doesn’t care – all she wants to do is to eat the breakfast that Hyewon cooked for her and be done for the day. Apparently, Chaewon reminded her of some meeting that she doesn’t even want to attend to because the guy is obviously getting into her pants.

As soon as she flops down on her chair, she opens the container that Hyewon used for her breakfast and started devouring the pancakes.

“Wow, having a roommate has its perks.”

Minju did not notice that Chaewon entered her room, she looks up from her food and found the girl staring at her amusedly.

“Water?” Chaewon asked and put down the glass of water onto Minju’s table.

The latter just mumbled a thank you to her and continued eating, Chaewon just let her be and sat on the chair looking at some documents. After all, she is not there as a friend since it’s already working hours.

“Your meeting with Mr. Lee is at 3 P.M.” She reminds Minju, as she scans the schedule in front of her.

Minju drinks the water and wipes , “Anything to do before and after that?”

“Well, nothing much before the meeting. But the meeting would last for 2 hours.”

“Why would the meeting would last for that long?” Minju frowns, not liking the idea to be talking to the said guy for 2 hours.

Chaewon smiles apologetically at the girl, “Well, Mr. Lee asked for a restaurant meeting. I guess you’ll guys will eat something really fancy.”

Minju scoffs, “Is he really that desperate? Using important meetings to take me out?”

“Minju, we both know that he’s been trying to get you – “

“Since college, I know. And I think I’ve already gave him enough answer that it won’t happen.”

“He’s persistent.” Chaewon shrugs.

“Annoyingly so.” Minju smiles as she finished her food, “God, I’m so full.”

Chaewon suddenly curious why her friend brought breakfast, “You didn’t eat at your apartment?”

“No, I overslept. Hyewon did not wake me up.” Minju answers nonchalantly.

“Why would she wake you,” Chaewon paused and her eyes widened, “Holy , are you guys sleeping together?” She screamed making Minju cover her ears and glared at the girl.

“No!” She hissed, “Something just happened last night.”

“Oh! , damn Minju. Roommates and are not that good of combination.” Chaewon teased.

“Get out and work.” Minju glares making Chaewon laugh and stands up from her seat.

“Just saying! I’ll leave you to it!” Chaewon says and walks out quickly of the room.

Minju just groaned at the ridiculousness of her friend and looked at the now empty container, she suddenly remembers how Hyewon just broke down last night as soon as she opened her front door. How vulnerable she looked when she asked for her to sleep with her.

She then grabs her phone to send her a text.

Thank you for the breakfast. I hoped you woke me though.

Minju

Not a minute after, she received a reply. Raising her eyebrows, doesn’t she have a class?

Sorry, I don’t want to bother you. Next time I’ll do it.

Hyewon

Biting her lips, Minju decided to just satisfy her curiosity by sending another message.

Are you okay?

Minju

And I’m not just pertaining right now.

Minju

I’ll see you at home Minju. Have a good day at work.

Hyewon

Disappointed she just threw her phone on her desk and decided to just do her work, but after five minutes her phone chimed twice. She quickly looked at it only to see Hyewon sent her something.

I had a good sleep. Thanks to you.

Hyewon

I’ll be okay. Don’t worry.

Hyewon

Minju smiles, that will do. She decided not to reply, as she knows that the older girl has classes, so she just turned to her screen and starts typing about some reports needed to done. But then, she remembers her meeting and she could only groan out of annoyance. This day .

 

/

 

When Hyewon woke up with Minju on her bed, she remembers all the things that happened last night – having 2 attacks in one day is not normal. Looking at Minju’s sleeping face, she couldn’t wake the girl up since she looks peaceful – and add that with the fact that she interrupted her sleep last night.

She slowly pulls away from the girl and stands up, substituting her pillow for Minju to hug and fixing the blanket. Looking at the digital clock, she has enough time to cook breakfast for Minju since it’s just 7 in the morning. Her class starts at 8:30. I won’t get morning class again.

So, that’s what she did – deciding to cook some pancakes and bacon for her roommate as she finished it, she quickly went to shower since she didn’t have one last night. She just left a note for the girl to read since she needs to go to her campus.

Her professor is not that strict that morning due to some unknown reasons, so when Hyewon received a message from Minju she immediately replied to it. But when Minju asked her if she’s okay, Hyewon knows that the girl is pertaining to what happened yesterday and before.

And just like that, her defense mechanism just did its work – which is to ignore the question and end the conversation. But Hyewon felt guilty, especially since Minju helped her last night. So in the end, she texted the girl the best thing she could offer.

I had a good sleep. Thanks to you.

Hyewon

I’ll be okay. Don’t worry.

Hyewon

That’s the truth, she really had a good sleep – maybe it was also because she’s too exhausted that night, but she knows that Minju helped her, somehow the latter’s presence calms her. Which is weird. For the second text, she’s not entirely sure.

After all, it’s been 2 years since she started saying that to herself.

It comes and goes.

 

So, after her class, she quickly sent Sakura a text that she’ll be dropping by her apartment. Here she is now, walking over to the older girl’s apartment. Hyewon looks at her phone and frowns, Sakura still hasn’t replied to her. But knowing the girl, she’s just probably busy playing with her computer.

As she walks to the front door of the apartment, she just grabbed the spare keys that Sakura keeps under the mat – seriously the girl should look for another place to keep the key, as she doesn’t want to disturb Sakura since Hyewon knows how passionate the girl is when it comes to playing.

But bless her eyes because she did not expect anything like this to greet her, here is Chaeyeon inside Sakura’s apartment, wearing an oversized shirt that oddly looks like the one that she bought for Sakura one Christmas, looking like a deer caught in a headlight.

Hyewon screamed bloody murder because why is Chaeyeon here inside Sakura’s apartment, wearing nothing but a shirt and is that a ing –

“What is it?!” Sakura shouts as she runs out of her room, hair looks disheveled. Hyewon stares at the two.

“Holy ! You liars!” She points a finger accusingly at the two. “You ing liars!”

“Kang-chan! I didn’t know you were coming!” Sakura said, surprised in her voice.

“Well, I think you’re busy doing something that you didn’t check your phone.” Hyewon glares, closing the front door shut. “When did this,” She points at the two, “Happen?”

The two just glanced at each other and Hyewon just waits.

“Chaeyeonnie, as much as your legs look really nice, can you please wear something?” Hyewon asks and sits down on the couch.

Chaeyeon immediately blushed and ran to the room, Sakura gulped seeing that the she’s left alone with a very curious Hyewon. And a curious Hyewon is not good.

“Hey,” She slowly said, “I can explain.”

Hyewon nodded, “Don’t worry, I had a hunch already.”

Yeah, it was much more of a hunch because the two were really subtle if Hyewon thinks about it. But knowing Sakura for years already, she knows the older girl like the back of her hand. So maybe, she’s just more attuned to her actions.

The little glances that Sakura gives to Chaeyeon, how the latter suddenly has the same shifts as them, and how she waits for the three of them during closing. The subtle touches, though might look friendly but it’s not.

“What?” Sakura says as she sits down beside the girl.

“I just ignored it, because I was not the type of person that jumps into conclusion,” Hyewon explains looking at the older girl, “But I noticed some stealing of glances and all that.”

“Oh.”

“So, when you said that you guys will walk together, that means..” Hyewon trailed off.

Sakura nodded sheepishly, “We’re going to my apartment.”

“Okay, and when Chaeyeon did not bring her car for the past few shifts?”

“She’s been staying in my apartment.”

“That’s why you guys always arrive a few minutes after each other.” Hyewon nodded, “I’m not angry though.”

“Sorry, I wanted to tell you.” Sakura says guiltily, “But, it is fairly new. Just a few months. We’re not yet ready.”

“Fairly new? Few months?” Hyewon echoes, “How fairly new is this?”

“6 months?” Sakura says quietly.

“What the, Kura-unnie! You’ve been together since December!” Hyewon thinks about it, “What, you guys are together during our New Year’s party?!”

“Well, no. Not really.” Sakura answers, “Well, uhh we just kissed. That night.”

“What?”

“We’ve been I don’t know – playing with fire with all the subtle flirting.”

“Okay, I don’t want to hear this but okay.” Hyewon says and gestures for her to continue.

“And then, all I thought is that it was just nothing that she’s being friendly. But then during that party, she just suddenly kissed me and she told me that I was being so slow.”

Hyewon has agape. “Wow Chaeyeonnie.”

“Righ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter