plans & home

of missing pieces & bubbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyewon slowly blinks her eyes open sliding over to where the warmth is coming from, that’s the only time she realized the weight on her waist. She then feels some breathing hitting her face making her open her eyes only to see Minju’s sleeping face. Now that Hyewon is awake, she remembered that she slept with Minju again – in the latter’s room, for the second time.

Instead of standing up and getting out of the bed she decided to scoot closer and stay there for a few minutes. Hyewon glanced at the digital clock and see the time – her classes start at 9 and it’s still 7 in the morning.

That’s when she realized that Minju should be awake by now which is why she decided to wake up the younger girl. Hyewon sat up as she gently removes Minju’s arm wrapping on her waist, it seems like they didn’t change their position since last night.

She then tapped the girl gently by her shoulders hoping to wake up Minju.

“Minju, hey.” Hyewon calls the girl, “You need to shower, come on.”

Hyewon chuckles as the younger girl just frowns and sleepily pushes her hand away, she thinks about how Minju would always be awake before. But now, it seems like the girl doesn’t even want to wake up any sooner.

“Minju,” Hyewon calls again, trying to shake the girl awake. She’ll let Minju shower while she makes some simple breakfast. “You have work. Wake up.”

She then heard Minju silently groaning, “Great right. Work.” The latter replied sleepily.

Hyewon just laughs giving one last pat to the girl before going out of the bed, she then sees the younger girl still not moving. Hyewon looked at the foot sticking out of the bed and without second thoughts she pulled it – making Minju shriek in surprise.

“Great, it seems like you’re awake now.” Hyewon said not even feeling sorry and ignoring the look on the other girl’s face. “You take a bath now. I’ll be making some breakfast.”

With that she left the room with Minju only missing her by an inch with the pillow she threw at her. Hyewon just laughs at the failed attempt, she could hear the muffled whines coming from the younger girl.

She shakes her head and opens the fridge to get some eggs, she’ll just make it simple with scrambled eggs. They had a heavy dinner last night and she thinks Minju won’t be eating that much too.

Hyewon then thought their conversation last night and she smiles to herself. It’s really nice of Minju to think about her like that and for giving her a choice. She could see how the younger girl wants to really help her but she still made Hyewon choose – she never fails to amaze Hyewon.

At first, Hyewon thought Minju would be a normal roommate – someone who she will just see from time to time because their schedules would never match with her shifts and Minju being also a workaholic. But she doesn’t know how or what happened, because it seems like they she got closer to the girl than she expected.

Maybe it was when the younger girl drove her to her campus the first time, or when they first really spent time together with her watching anime while Minju drinks wine. That night was a stressful night for her, it’s not always that Hyewon finds herself having someone on top of her drunk from wine.

She really doesn’t know but right now, it seems like everything is fine. Hyewon is fine with this, with them being like this.

Hyewon then heard a door opening and some footsteps indicating Minju is already finished, just in time for the eggs. She turned off the stove and puts the cooked eggs on a plate. Turning around she saw Minju already in her work attire – she’s wearing a pencil skirt today and some white chiffon polo.

Hyewon raised her eyebrows at the unusual clothes, she noticed before that Minju always lean more to casual work clothes. “You look formal.”

Minju looks at Hyewon as she brushes her hair with her fingers, “Have some meeting.” Hyewon frowns at the short answer and that the younger girl seems to be avoiding her.

She walks over the table and looks at Minju as she puts the plate on the table, “Are you mad at me?”

“No.”

Hyewon laughs, the younger girl obviously mad at her. “Is this because I woke you up?”

Minju just glances at her and shrugs her shoulders. Hyewon is now sure that it’s about that, but Minju is really funny. It’s not her fault that she needs to wake the girl up – she’s still the older one and she needs to be responsible, somehow.

“Will you still be mad when I teach you how to use the toaster?”

Hyewon then sees Minju look at her with excitement and she knows that the girl is already done acting. She then gestures for the girl to follow her, grabbing two pieces of bread she gave it to Minju. “Do the honors.”

The latter just rolled her eyes but followed along, putting the bread in the toaster. Hyewon then stepped forward telling Minju the right setting to avoid burnt toast – she doesn’t why the younger girl doesn’t know it. She’s the same as Sora – and Sora is the one who bought the toaster but she couldn’t use it properly.

“You’re really like Sora.” Hyewon smiles to herself while Minju looks at her with surprise. “She bought this for me, but she can’t also use it properly.”

Leaning back, Hyewon smiled at the girl. “Now remember that okay?” Hyewon before walking out of the kitchen. “I’ll be taking a shower; you can just leave the plate on the sink if you need to go early.”

 

/

 

Hyewon is now sitting inside Minju’s car with the latter driving. It just so happened that the girl decided to wait for her and drive her to school – Hyewon didn’t find it in herself to protest, not when Minju chose to be late just to drive. It’s not like she could turn back time to force Minju to go to work already – she knows she couldn’t do that, because if she could then she would have done that already.

“You should have told me you were waiting,” Hyewon says, “So that I would have been quicker.”

Minju just glances at her and smiles, “I was busy eating and answering emails, it’s not like I didn’t do anything productive while I was waiting.”

Then they pulled over in front of the gate, Hyewon could see some other students running to their classes. Maybe she is grateful for Minju for driving her or else she’d be running like crazy at that moment, she then turns to thank the latter.

“Thank you,” Hyewon smiles, “You take care in driving, okay?”

The younger girl nodded and smiled, “Good luck with your class unnie!” She teased Hyewon, emphasizing the ‘unnie’.

Hyewon scrunched her nose in retaliation and just ignores the loud laugh coming from Minju. “Right, you’ll be late. I’m going now, thanks again.” She then goes out of the car, gently closing the door. She started walking but turns around to see Minju still there with the windows rolled down.

Hyewon smiles to see the younger girl watching her so she waves to the girl and gestures her to started driving. Minju waves back and smiled, closing the windows and slowly started driving again.

 

//

 

Yena is putting a shirt on when she felt someone kissing her back, she turns around to see Yuri grinning at her mischievously. She just laughs at her girlfriend and gave her a chaste kiss, wrapping her arms around the latter’s waist.

“Don’t you have classes?” She asked and Yuri just buried her face on the crook of her neck, nodding slightly. Yena just loves it when they have this time for themselves and she really loves that they could make time for each other.

“Yeah, how about you?” Yuri asked, her voice all muffled as she buries her face. Yena is tickled by the action but just lets her. “You going to Kura-unnie?”

Right, Yena just received a message from the older girl for them to meet tomorrow – which is today. She doesn’t need to ask for what because they have been doing it for the past years already. She would have asked Yuri to come but she knows the girl has classes.

Yena hums in confirmation tightening her hold to the younger, “Yeah, Kwangbae’s birthday is coming.”

“Oh, is it going to be a surprise?”

Yena scoffs, they don’t have anything to hide from the other girl. She quickly catches on anyway.  “No matter how good we hide it, she already expects it anyway.”

Yena thinks about the failed surprises they did for the girl and how annoyed they get when Hyewon just acts surprise for their satisfaction. That girl just really seems to catch on anything they are planning, so they decided to stop doing surprises already but still celebrate her birthday.

“That’s true,” Yuri laughs pulling away from the hug, remembering that she has class. “Let’s go out together?”

Yena nods her head grabbing her phone and bag then she quickly went over to Yuri holding her hand. The two of them exited their apartment without letting each other go. Being together with Yuri is something she would never get tired of; the girl just brings out the best of her.

“Minju is good for Kwangbae, don’t you think?” Yuri voiced out her thoughts when they entered the elevator. After spending time with Minju, though only for a few times only, she could already tell that Minju is a good person.

Yena smiles because she knows that her girlfriend is right, nodding her head she answers back, “I hope they get their bearings for each other.”

“Knowing Kwangbae…” Yuri smirks and looks at Yena who is already grinning, shaking her head.

They know how innocent Hyewon when it comes to this kind of things, the girl is sharp on other things but she’s too dense for her own good. The other problem is they already know that Minju already caught feelings for the girl, they could only just feel sorry for her.

“She won’t see it coming.”

Then they laughed out loud as they went out of the elevator, giving each other kisses before they part ways. It would have been a perfect day for the two of to go out, but with Yuri’s responsibility as a graduating student, Yena just needs to wait for a few more months.

“Update me about the plan, okay?” Yuri told Yena as she gives the girl one last kiss and Yena just hums into the kiss.

“Of course.” Yena said with a smile as she brushes their nose together, not caring if they are in public.

“I love you.”

“I love you more.” Yena grins and waves her hand, watching Yuri walk only to see her turn around to wave playfully at her making her chuckle. Shaking her head to herself she started to walk to her destination.

“Ahh, I just love this girl.” Yena whispered to herself.

 

/

 

Eunbi is just in her apartment waiting for the other two to get ready, she doesn’t know what they always do to be this long before they get ready. She already managed to clean half of the apartment and the two are still in their rooms.

Now she’s just organizing a table where some displays are, just for something to do. Eunbi then smiles when she’s satisfied with her work, looking up to see the wall full of photographs. She looks at each picture smiling to herself.

Remembering every memory behind it, the first time they spent time together – all complete, no one missing. The big smiles on their faces, how carefree they look, how Hyewon has a smile that speaks a thousand of words. Eunbi knows Hyewon that she may not express her feelings well through words, but the younger girl knows to express it with actions and her eyes.

She could see how Hyewon looks at them through each photograph, how she cares for them. Eunbi hopes she’ll be back, the same Hyewon before. She then remembers the night she met Minju – maybe that girl will help their friend in more ways than one.

As she looks at each photograph, her eyes catching something. Eunbi smiles slightly raising her hand to touch it – a polaroid of her and Chaeyeon in a dance room. She remembers how they met through dancing, how the younger girl really impressed her and they just got close.

Eunbi remembers everything about the two of them, even the one that caused her pain. As if on cue, two doors burst open revealing Nako and Hitomi all ready to go. Eunbi quickly steps back and gave them a playful glare.

“What took you guys so long?” She asked the two girls then went to the kitchen to grab their packed lunch.

Hitomi followed her inside grabbing a glass of water, “I fell asleep for a few minutes.” She sheepishly said and pointed at Nako, “Then she played some games.”

“I did not!”

Eunbi just laughed giving Hitomi her lunch and walking over to Nako fixing her hair slightly, “Right Nako, tell that to yourself.”

The younger girl just pouted and smiled remembering something, she looks at Eunbi and excitedly asked the older, “Kang-chan’s birthday is coming up!”

They then heard quick footsteps and Hitomi hugged Eunbi from the back making the latter stumble a little bit from the impact. She looks at the younger girl smiling widely, “Are you guys going to plan something?”

Eunbi nodded at the two, she knows how the two girls get excited to celebrate Hyewon’s birthday. Because they will always go to the hill, and they would spend time there. “Yes, but I need to drive you guys first. I’ll tell it all later, okay?”

With that the three of them leave the apartment, Nako and Hitomi playing with each other while Eunbi sometimes tell them to quiet down when they are getting too loud. She just laughs when she sees the dejected faces but would start again after a few minutes.

Eunbi could not live without these two silly girls in the apartment, they just make the place much livelier.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter