Day 15

I Will Make You Falling in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haewon's POV

I had a terrible night. I don't think my pills are working last night. I wake up with an extremely bad headache. Oh how I don't want to go to work, but if I stay home I will just hurting myself. It's still early in the morning but I force myself to get up and start to prepare myself to work. I was about to take a taxi but I decided to take the subway. And I'm regretting my decision.

When I was on the escalator, in front of me is a couple who just spend a night together last night. I can hear their even I was using AirPods. . When I was waiting for the subway is another story. It's a high school couple with their cutesy act. Even when I was queuing for my coffee, the girl in front of me is having a video call with her boyfriend. Oh, why the universe is not on my side today?

Finally, I arrive at my office. Even the security officer is surprised to find me this early in the morning. It is just too early. He just wishes I had a good day. And I give him my most sincere smile and pray the same thing deep inside. I usually directly turning on my PC but I don't even have the energy for that. I finish my strong coffee, like people around me usually said, in a big gulp. Doyoung doesn't arrive yet, of course. It's still early in the morning.

I know I shouldn't take these pills after coffee but I need this for the meeting today. I take the pills then decided to sleep on my desk until Doyoung wake me up.

***

Doyoung's POV

"Good morning sir," greeted the morning shift, security officer.
"Good morning," replied me.
"Oh Editor Kim already arrives," said him.
"Oh really?"
"Yes..."
"Thank you, sir. Thanks for your hard work."

It is not like Editor Kim never arrive this early. She likes to arrive this early because she had sleeping troubles. I peek inside her room and find her sleeping on her desk. She looks like a student while doing that. Since the office hour doesn't start yet, I just left her sleeping there.

It's been two years since I'm working for her. She was moved to here from the US and directly got Editor in Chief position. The first time I work for her, she is so cold like an ice princess. She didn't talk a lot. She is a listener type but she is good. She isn't bossy or way too dominant. She also takes care of her employees very much. 

As the clock is ticking, the other employees start to come to the office. Oh, I think I should wake my boss up. I knock on her door slowly.

"Editor Kim..."
Of course, she won't wake up that easy.
"Editor Kim, wake up..." said me a bit louder.
"Editor Kim..."
I'm hesitating to shake her up but seems like I have to do that.
"Editor Kim..." I shake her shoulder a bit but she suddenly falls from her seat. "Editor Kim!"
Oh God, what's wrong with her?? She looks so weak. Her lips look as bluish also her fingers. What's going on with her?
"Editor Kim, wake up!"
I try to shake her but she doesn't move an inch. Oh, what should I do? I'm taking out my phone. Hesitating should I call her brother or not. Oh! Dr. Byun!
I'm rushing to my desk to look for his name card. He gives me his name card when he comes here for the first time. I type his number in a hurry.
Please, please, please...
"Hello?"
"Dr. Byun! It's Doyoung, Editor Kim's personal assistant!"
"Oh Doyoung ssi, what's going on ?"
"Editor Kim..."
"What's wrong with Haewon?"
"Editor Kim..." How should I say this?
"What's going on with Haewon?"
"She is unconscious..."

***

Baekhyun's POV

"Omma, Appa, I leave first!"
"Take care on your way baby!"
I give a kiss to both of my parents then left. I put my bag on the passenger seat next to me. Still hoping Haewon would reply to my text. I was trying to call her last night but I can't reach her. Probably she is busy with her work then just directly going to bed.

I was about to start my car when my phone vibrating.
Whose number is this?
"Hello?"
"Dr. Byun! It's Doyoung, Editor Kim's personal assistant!"
"Oh Doyoung ssi, what's going on ?"
"Editor Kim..." 
Wait, Haewon? "What's wrong with Haewon?"
"Editor Kim..." said him with a shaky voice.
"What's going on with Haewon?" I start to feel impatient.
"She is unconscious..."
What???
"I don't know why she was sleeping and I was about to wake her up but suddenly she falls like don't have any energy..."
What? Oh, calm down Byun Baekhyun. I shake my head. Please focus on Dr. Byun.
"Have you tried to measure her blood pressure?"
"No..."
"Please try to measure her blood pressure first. You know how to do that, right?"
"Oh yes..."
I let him check Haewon's blood pressure while getting ready to go to her office.
"I can't find her pulse..." said Doyoung.
Oh ... "Is there anything weird with her? Bloated somewhere or..."
"Her lips are blue..."
What?
"So does her fingertips..."
It's an overdose. What kind of medicine that she takes?
"I'm on my way there. Keep trying to find her pulse..."
"Yes..."
I push my pedal as deep as I can. Something wrong with her but I don't know what.

***

Baekhyun's POV

It doesn't take a long drive to Haewon's office. Yeah, it's supposed to take 30 mins but 12 mins can do. I rush to her floor then her room. I find Haewon lying on the couch with Doyoung on her side.

"Oh, Dr. Byun!" He looks grateful when he sees me.
"How is it? Still can't find her pulse?" I take her wrist and start to find the pulse.
"It comes and goes..."
I'm trying to find her pulse but as Doyoung said, it's come and go. Her pulse is so damn weak. Her blue lips are also a bit bloated. She needs to go to the hospital in this condition.
"Let's take her to my hospital..." said me.
"Oh yes..."
"Can you drive?"
"Yeah, I can..."
I hand him my keys.
"You drive..."

We're going in my car. I am going to take her to my hospital. I call my nurse to prepare some stuff. I keep holding her wrist to make sure the pulse is there. Oh God, what's wrong with her?

"Can I ask you some questions Doyoung ah?"
"Yes?" He looks surprised.
"Did Haewon take some medicine?"
"Oh yes, she had..."
What?
"What kind of medicine she takes?
"Sleeping pills. Editor Kim sometimes can't sleep very well at night so she took sleeping pills."
Oh God, is this another side of her that I should know?
"Do you get them for her?"
"Yes..."
"How long you've been getting them?"
"Since the first time I work for her..."
At least she is been consume it for two years.
"When is the last time you get them for her?"
"It's been a long time. I think it's two months ago..."
Oh, that's good then.
"Is that helping you sir?" asked him hesitantly.
"Oh yeah... It helps..."

During our way to my hospital, my mind wandering to the reason why Haewon takes sleeping pills. If she takes it, even makes her overdose, it means something happens to her. It's not only a usual sleeping problem.

Once we arrive at the ER, my nurse welcoming me with a hospital bed.
"Dr. Byun what happens?" asked her.
"Get some 4mg naloxone, and inject to the drip."
"Yes, doctor!"

***

Baekhyun's POV

I'm getting out of the ER. Haewon is fine right now. We just have to wait for her to wake up. I decided to send a text to her brother. I told him Haewon was unconscious but now she is fine. It doesn't take a long time until Junmyeon arrives at my hospital.

"What's wrong with Haewon?" asked Junmyeon in a hurry. He looks really worried about Haewon so much.
"Oh, she is overdose sleeping pills," answer me.
"Haewon ah... Can you hear me?" asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter