Day 23

I Will Make You Falling in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's POV

After the schedule changing several times, finally, I had a chance to meet with Jongdae. I know he isn't a usual person so I feel grateful too when we find the right time. I told him to pick the place because I'm afraid I picked the wrong place. Told ya, he isn't a usual person. We're going to have drinks together. I look for the room that he already booked.

"Oh you arrive Baekhyun ah!" greeted him excitedly while grilling the meat.
"Hi, Jongdae..."
"Here here..." He pointing to the seat in front of him.
I sit as he pointed. "Whoa, this looks delicious..."
"Delicious isn't it? I used to come here since I was a trainee. And the taste is still the same."
"Oh really?"
"Yeah. Here have a bite." He puts a piece of grilled meat on my plate.
Oh, he is right. It's great.
"How come you know Haewon, Baek?" asked him suddenly.
I almost spat my meat. Is that supposed to be my question?
"Oh our father introduces us to each other," answered me after gulping the meat.
"I know you're going to ask about her."
Busted. "Is that clear?"
He laughs. "Yeah, completely."
"Well then..." I start to grill the meat too. "How about you? How come you know Haewon?"
"Oh, we were close during high school. If it's not because of Haewon, well probably I won't become like this."
What does that mean?
"If Haewon didn't force me to sing at the school festival, I will never get casted."
"You are a good singer since middle school." Yes, this is the truth. I hear him sing hundred times and Jongdae sings very well.
He laughs. "I know, but only in front of you and Kyungsoo and Minseok. No one knows that I could sing."
Well, he is right too.
"You still remember Chanyeol and his friends, right?"
I scoff. "Of course... How come I forget them?"
"Well, he still acts like a jerk until high school."
He is surely a jerk.
"Haewon is the one that approaches me while no one wants to become friends with me."
"She must receive a lot of hate."
"Yeah, she already receives a lot of hate before becoming my friend. You know how pretty is she..."
"Yeah, I know..."
"Well simply, we become close. Haewon was appointed as the school festival leader and she forced me to sing there. I didn't want to do that to be honest because you know... "
"Yeah..." Of course, I know.
"But Haewon keeps assuring me that's fine so yeah. I give it a try. After I finish my performance, one of the staff from SM Company asks me whether I want to get cast at their company or not. Haewon is the one that said yes, not me." He laughs. "But I didn't hate her for that..."
I just realize Haewon give a good impact on people around her. Previously Wonyoung, and now Jongdae. She seems like a living blessing.
"So now I'm here. Big thanks to Kim Haewon..." He gulps his drink.
I chuckle then drink my drink too.
"I know you like her, Baekhyun ah..." said him suddenly.
I just smile shyly while gulping my drink.
"I know she seems like a hard to reach person but you know she isn't."
"Yeah, I know..."
"I ever have a crush on her too but she never sees me as someone special. I envy you..." He laughs.
What?! He is about to get married by the way.
"But it doesn't matter now. I have someone special too now..."
I just chuckle.
"Oh, you still remember Chanyeol, right?"
Oh, that guy again. Can Jongdae stop mention him? I still remember how hard he and his friends bullying us during middle school.
"He is Haewon's ex-boyfriend..."
What?!

***

Baekhyun's POV

I still can't believe what Jongdae said previously. It disturbing my mind. The bully Park Chanyeol is Haewon's ex-boyfriend. I still remember clearly how Chanyeol and his friends disturbing me and the others during middle school. How come he becomes together with a living bless like Haewon? What did Haewon see in him? Did Haewon get hurt too because of him?

"How come they were together?"
Jongdae just shakes his head. "Since I know Haewon for the very first time, they already together. I was surprised too when she approached me to become my friend. I thought that was one of his plans but turns out Haewon sincerely become my friend."
"Were they still together?"
He shakes again. "I don't know..."

It disturbing my mind, you know. They are so close, but how come Jongdae didn't know whether Haewon still with Chanyeol or not? Did he hide something? I am not sure either. Who I should ask then? Maybe Wonyoung can help? But Wonyoung said that she never see any guys except her brother and me. Or should I ask Junmyeon? I bet that guy won't say a thing. He must be protected Haewon at any cost.

"What's on your mind?" My mom's voice disturbing my thought.
"Oh yes? Nothing..." I think I've spent some time while getting water.
"You seem like have a lot of things in mind..."
I just chuckle. "I'm okay omma..."
"Did you just meet Haewon?"
I shake. "Haewon is on a business trip."
"Oh really? Where is she going?"
"Milan. She had a fashion show to attend."
"Whoa... Of course, an Editor in Chief had different types of business trips. Whom you meet then?"
"I've met with Jongdae..."
"Ah, Jongdae. He is on the TV a lot. You still become friends with him?"
"Well if it's not because of Haewon probably I won't meet him again."
"Oh, Haewon is close with Jongdae?"
"Yeah. I'm going to bed omma. Good night..."
"Good night baby..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter