Day 32

I Will Make You Falling in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's POV

I left some messages to Haewon last night but she didn't reply. I can't sleep very well last night because of that. I don't know what I was thinking yesterday when I told her I want her answer as my present. I even kiss her. Oh, God. So damn stupid Byun Baekhyun.

I check my phone directly when I was waking up, and still did not find any messages from her. It's Monday so she must be busy today. I just get up and get ready for the hospital. I think I'm going to pick her up after my shift finish.

***

Haewon's POV

"Halmoni!!" greeted me while sliding the door.
My grandmother looking at me confusedly. "Oh my pretty Haewonni..."
I smile while looking at her. I run to hug her.
"What are you doing here pretty?"
"I miss you halmoni..."
"Who is coming?" asked a guy voice. Oh, he is my uncle.
"Samchun!" I also hug him.
"Oh, Haewon is here..."
"I miss Samchun too..."
He chuckles.

They are my grandmother and uncle from my mother. My grandfather, who taught me to take pictures already passed away. My uncle lives with my grandmother because my aunt is already passed away too. They live in Gunsan, my mother's hometown. I stayed here during my recovery period so I pretty close with them.

"You do not work, Haewon ah?" asked my uncle.
I shake my head. "I will work from my hometown."
He chuckles. "Here is your home too. You can come here anytime..."
"Yes, you still had your room here. Halmoni will prepare it for you. Wait for here for a moment..."
I smile at them. "Yes, halmoni..."

***

Baekhyun's POV

I check my phone before leaving my room. Haewon still not replying to my message. Is she mad at me? Or did she think I'm crazy? I shake my head. No, she must be just busy. I change my clothes then drive to Haewon's workplace.

When I arrived at her floor, Doyoung welcome me confusedly.
"Oh dr. Byun..."
"Is Haewon inside?"
He shakes his head. What?
"Editor Kim is taking a leave."
"What?!" Why is Haewon taking a leave?
"She didn't tell you about that?" asked him carefully.
"No..." I take my phone and give her a call. The number you are calling is not active. . "She turns off her phone."
"What?" Doyoung also tries to call her but also had the same thing.
"How come she told you she took a leave?"
"She gave me a call yesterday. Just to tell me that she is taking a leave."
"Did you ask why?" asked me impatiently.
"No, sir..."
"Oh, why you didn't ask!?"
"That's..." He looks a bit surprised by my tone. "None of my business sir..."
.
"She just told me to leave everything on the email and will check later."
I take a deep breath. "I'm sorry Doyoung ah..."
"That's ok sir. You must be just worrying about her..." He smiles even after I speak a bit high.
"Can you call me if she calls you?"
"Oh yes sure sir..."
"Thank you Doyoung ah..."
"You're welcome, sir..."
I left Haewon's workplace with a lot of questions in my head. Where is she going? Did she go to Wonyoung place? Let's just give her a call.

"Hello?" greeted Wonyoung.
"Oh Wonyoung, it's Baekhyun..."
"Oh yes oppa. What's going on?"
"Is Haewon with you?"
"No, oh why is that?"
Oh, she is not with Wonyoung.
"Oh, nothing. Thank you Wonyoung..."
"Yes, oppa..."

Where is she going?

***

Doyoung's POV

All of my work today already finish. I just wait for Editor Kim's calls. She said she will call on 7 which is two minutes away. Will she call my phone? Or to the desk phone? I don't have any idea about that.

To be honest, this isn't the first time she suddenly disappears like this. It's the third time. She never disappears for a long time. Probably around three until four days. I never ask why. I never ask where she has gone. Because I'm afraid I will cross the line too far. The previous time she disappears, she was gone for three days. Her brother was looking for her like crazy.

I never ask about her personal life that much. Since the first time she works here, I never see her parents. Only her brother and some of her friends. From what I heard, she close to her brother more than her parents. I just know that her family owns a private hospital chain in Korea. Her father is a hospital director while her mother is a lecturer at SKY. Her brother is another story. He owns a dental clinic and already had some branches around Seoul.

It's not like she completely disappears. She will call me when she needs to. Like right now. It just seems like she didn't want to be disturb and need some alone time. I was about to get water but my desk phone ringing. Oh, it must be her.

"Hello?"
"Doyoung ah..."
"Oh yes, Editor Kim..." I take my notes and pen.
"I've checked your email. I already give my notes..."
I refresh my inbox and find a lot of emails from her. I check the time and glance at the clock on my pc.
"Do I have an urgent meeting this week?"
I check her schedule. "It's just the cover meeting with JY+ Co on Wed ma'am."
"Reschedule it to Friday then."
"Alright, ma'am." She must be back on Friday.
"How about the rest?"
"Hmm..." I scan the timeline. "Editorial meeting on Tue and Ads meeting on Thu, ma'am."
"Tell Yeri to come to the Ads meeting and accompany her."
"Yes ma'am..."
"Tell the other team to email me their editorial plan on Tue and move the meeting to Fri."
I busy scratching on my notes. "Yes..."
"Everything's good, right?" asked her rhetorically.
Which part that she ask then? "Yeah, nothing special happens today ma'am..."
"Okay..."
"But..." I hesitate to continue my words.
"Yes?"
"Dr. Byun is come here and ask about you..."
Suddenly she is quiet there.
"Ma'am?"
"Oh yes?"
"Are you ok?"
"I'm okay. Don't worry."
"Alright, ma'am."
"I'll call you again tomorrow."
"Yes ma'am..."
"Tell him I'm fine if he asks you..." Oh, she refers to Dr. Byun.
"Yes ma'am..."
"Thank you Doyoung ah..."
"Yes ma'am..."
She hangs up the phone first.

I don't know how is their relationship going. I never know her love life too. The only guy that she closes, as far as I remember, is only Kris. She closes with Chen but it has different vibes. After that is Dr. Byun. I never know more than that. I'm curious but I don't have any heart to find out about her. I just afraid that I will cross the line too far and mix between my professional and personal life. She seems fine in her voice. I sent a text to Dr. Byun about her. I try to call her phone again but it is not active. It seems like she didn't call me from her phone too. Where is she gone now?

***

Haewon's POV

I hung up the phone then said thanks to the old lady who owns the store. I take those snacks that I bought then going back home. I don't even want my brother to find me so I borrow someone else phone. But well at least I'm not completely running away from my responsibilities. I'm being paid not just to do what I want but also what my team wants.

"Where were you go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter