Day 36

I Will Make You Falling in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haewon's POV

When I arrived at the office, Doyoung is already there. He looks surprised when he saw me when he already knows. I bet he is going to tell Baekhyun that I'm back already, Oh don't forget my brother too. Both of them must bribe him with a big price.

"Do the others already know about the editorial meeting?" asked me while unpacking my stuff.
"Yes, ma'am. And the editor's online meeting is moved to after lunch. They already resend the invitation."
"Okay..."
He is still standing there while I keep unpacking my stuff.
"Do you still have something to say?"
"It's just..." He is scratching his not-itch head. "Glad to see you, ma'am."
I'm looking at him feeling awkward. "Just tell them I'm back. I know they must be pestering you..."
He looks surprised by my words. "Yes ma'am..."

Not long after he left, there is an incoming message from my brother.

KJM: Lunch on me today.
KHW: I'm busy, next time.

***

Baekhyun's POV

KDY: Editor Kim is back.

I almost call for a sick leave but yeah, I can't. I'm trying so hard to make myself sane today. I can't wait until my shift finish. Thank God there is no emergency today so I could leave directly after my shift finish. I know Haewon is still in her office hour but I want to see her. I want to see her like that right now.

Doyoung welcome me with a surprised look on his face.
"Is Haewon inside?"
"Yes sir. But..."
He hasn't finished his words but I already open the door. There she is. Busy with her work as if nothing happens. Did she know that I'm worrying her to death?
"Oh, I have another meeting in the next 10 minutes. Can I leave earlier?" asked her. Oh is she on an online meeting? Doyoung isn't even trying to stop me. He just directly close the door and left us.
"I am working right now," said her coldly.
What? "Where were you going?" asked me impatiently.
"I've told you I'm working right now. We could talk after my work finish." She is not even looking at me.
"Why you didn't tell me?"
"I'm working right now. Let's talk after my work finish." She is looking at me coldly. Where was she gone? How come she becomes a different person now? Whom did she meet?
"You don't have to answer Haewon ah. I already know," said me. I don't have to see her reaction. I left her place directly. Even Doyoung didn't ask a thing.

I know I won't be her top priority. I set my hopes too high. I'm worried about her so much yet she didn't give me a return. Instead, she acts as if nothing happens. Call me childish, but that's annoying.

I don't have any friends to share. Unconsciously, I drive to Wonyoung cafe. She comes out of the cafe while she sees my car.
"What brings you here, oppa?" asked her.
I just give her a forced smile. "I'm having a bad day. Maybe your coffee can cheer me up."
Oh her smile can lift my mood. "Have a seat. I'll make you a good one."
"Thanks, Wonyoung ah..."

***

Haewon's POV

"Editor Kim..."
"Editor Kim..."
Doyoung light touch on my hand wakes me up from my daydream.
"That's enough from me, ma'am..."
"I'm sorry..." said me looking frustrated.
"I will email everything to you then."
"Yeah, thanks Doyoung ah..."
"Are you ok, ma'am?" asked him carefully.
I'm massaging my forehead. "No, I'm not okay..."
"Maybe you could leave earlier so you'll feel better..."
I shake my head. "I have a lot of things to be done."
"Should I get you a coffee, ma'am?"
Ah, coffee. "Yeah coffee seems great."
He smiles. "I'm going to tell Ten to deliver it to here."
"Thanks, Doyoung ah..."
He just nods then left my room.

I can't think now. The way Baekhyun looks so frustrated when he saw me is haunting me. I know he must be worrying me. Don't forget my brother. He can hire an intel just to find out my location. But let's put my brother on the side. Where is Baekhyun now? He didn't do stupid things, right? Oh, he is not like you, Haewon ah. He won't do stupid things.

I don't know what I am supposed to do first now. My workload is a lot because of my childish act. But I'm not in a good condition to work too. Oh, what should I do? I know I owe him an explanation. Don't forget that he wants an answer from me. Oh, God. Let's finish it one by one.

***

Baekhyun's POV

I'm looking out the window while sipping the coffee that Wonyoung served. Oh, stupid Byun Baekhyun. How come are you bursting out like that in front of her? The award for the most stupid guy in the world goes to you. Congratulations.

"What's going on?" asked Wonyoung. Oh since when she sits in front of me?
"Oh... That's it..." How did I say that?
"If you said nothing, your nose will grow bigger."
"Oh, why my nose grow bigger?"
"Because you're telling a lie."
I chuckle and she smiles.
"I live in this world later than you but I have my ears to listen."
She looks more than ready to listen. I told her everything about my relationship with Haewon. She didn't say anything. She just listens to my story at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter