Day 14

I Will Make You Falling in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haewon's POV

I check my appearance through the reflections inside the elevator. I think this good for a homecoming ceremony at the hospital. I used to go to those ceremonies because of my father and brother. I can't look that fancy nor too casual. I think this looks good.

"Good morning ma'am..." greeted Doyoung.
"Morning..."
He is following me inside my room.
"Any special things today?"
"You had a meeting with Mr. Oh for the advertisement after lunch."
"Anything else?"
"Oh, your visa to Milan can be taken today. Do you want me to get it for you, ma'am?"
"Ah, that's okay. I am going to have lunch outside today. I'll get them on my way to meeting with Mr. Oh then."
"And this is the cover draft for next month."
He hands me a printed cover for next month's edition.
"Okay, thank you Doyoung ah..."
"Is there anything else that you need ma'am?"
"I'm okay."
"Well, then I'll leave ma'am..."
He nods to me then back to his desk.

I'm starting to finish my morning list since I'll leave the office at lunch. Time goes by really fast when I check my watch. Oh, I can't be late! I pack my stuff and prepare myself to go out.

"You leave already ma'am?"
"Yeah, call me if you need something, okay?"
"Yes ma'am, be careful on your way!"
I just smile then left him. Doyoung is so kind and nice. He works fast and trustworthy. I can leave everything to him every time I'm going on a business trip. I can't afford to lose him.

KHW: It starts at 1am, right?

I send the text to Baekhyun to make sure the schedule is right. Suddenly I feel like someone standing in front of me. I can't believe my sight.

"Hi, Haewon ah. It's been a long time..."
I think my heart stops beating.
"Chanyeol?"

***

Haewon's POV

I don't know what's going on with myself. Chanyeol suddenly appears in front of me then asks me to have lunch together at the restaurant near our school. I can't say anything. I feel like my lips numb. I just following him like being pulled. I even forget I had an appointment with Baekhyun.

Now we're sitting in the soup restaurant near our school. He keeps avoiding my sight while I'm doing the same thing. Oh, the food is coming.
"Oh, this looks delicious. Look at this Haewon ah..."
My mind wanders to a couple of years ago while we still wear uniforms. He starts to take out the onions inside the soup.
"You still don't eat them until now?"
Oh, he remembers.
"Haewon ah..."
"Oh?"
"Let's eat or it will turn cold."
"I want to go to the toilet..." This is the third time I speak since I see him.
"Oh yes sure..."

I'm taking my phone out from my purse. I should make some calls.

"Hello?"
"Oh, Baekhyun ah..."
"Where are you right now?"
"Oh, that's..." How do I say this? "Something comes up, I can't make it to the ceremony today. I'm really sorry..."
"Oh really?" I can feel his disappointment. I can see his eyes aren't that bright anymore right now.
"I'm so sorry..."
"Oh, that's ok Haewon ah. I'm really okay. Don't worry!"
I know he is trying to cheer himself.
"So sorry..."
"No more sorry Haewon ah, hmm?"
"Okay, talk to you later then."
"Take care!"
I hung up the phone then make another call quickly.
"Yes ma'am?"
"Doyoung ah, something comes up. Can you get my visa?"
"Oh yes sure ma'am."
"And tell Mr. Oh we're rescheduling the meeting. I'll be okay with any time but not today."
"Oh, yes sure ma'am. Is there anything wrong ma'am?" Oh, he even can sense that.
"Just something comes up. Call me if you need anything, ok?"
"Yes ma'am..."
"Thank you Doyoung ah..."
I hung up the phone again. I'm rushing back to my seat. I can see Chanyeol even already deboned the chicken and put them inside my bowl. Oh, my heart.
"It's not hot anymore. You can eat them at ease." He smiles as handsome as usual.
'Yeah...' I start to take a bite.
"Yaa this surely still tastes the same. Nothing is like this in the US, right?"
"Yes?"
Suddenly he wipes my lips. "You just take a bite but already messy. You surely not changing Haewon ah..."
I think my soul left my body today.

***

Baekhyun's POV

I hung up the phone with a bit disappointed feeling. I'm looking at my phone wallpaper. It's our yesterday pic. We look really cute there.

'Oh don't rush her Baekhyun ah. She must be still shock because you confess your feeling.'

"Oh Dr. Byun, you had a girlfriend?"
Oh, why this guy peeking at my phone?
"Oh, that's not..." I put my phone back in my pocket.
"If that's yes, that doesn't matter too." He is my first friend here. He is Dr. Lee from the psychiatric department. He is also new here.
"She looks pretty. What's her name?"
I run my not itch neck. "Who's the name?"
He is pointing at my phone with his chin.
"Come on, we will be late for the ceremony..."

***

Haewon's POV

I feel like my mind blank for today. I can't think. I can't say anything. I can't feel anything. All I can do is just following Chanyeol like I am his puppet. After lunch, we're going to our school. We're going for a little tour inside the school. Slowly, the movie starts to play again. How we know each other for the first time, how he asks my name, how he keeps following me around the school, how he keeps disturbing Yuri and Hyoyeon to get my attention, and so on.

"I used to accompany you studying there," said him pointing to the library.
"I should be studying but I'll end up sleeping there."
He is right.

After a little tour around the school, we're going to the cafe where we used to study SAT. We were preparing for the university entry test at that time.

"Oh, this is also not changing at all..."
"Oh, you're not going back to work Haewon ah?"
"Oh?"
"I forget lunchtime already passed."
"It's okay..."
"Of course, Editor in Chief is different..."

He gets coffee for both of us.

"You still drink str

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter