Never be the Same

Fall In Love

Soojin's not the one to ever show affection, it's just not her thing to shower someone love.

So it's no wonder how people keep on wondering how Shuhua and her got together when the latter is the total opposite of who she is.

Her schoolmates mostly thinks that she just pitied the girl. You see, Shuhua's the hyper and clingy type, unlike her, the younger girl is all out telling everyone Soojin's her girlfriend and she's Soojin's.

Out of all the words Shuhua can say in her daily life, Soojin's name would come up more than half the day. That's how the younger girl is whipped for her.

But honestly? She may be not affectionate enough towards the younger girl, at least in other people's eyes. But once they both are alone? She clings on to her and is all around Shuhua.

And Shuhua's fine with that, the younger girl knows she's just shy with being openly affectionate to her in front of everyone and that enough makes Soojin feel lucky. Yes, Shuhua may always tell her to show some love in front of everyone but they both know that Shuhua's just teasing her.

"I honestly love you whether you shower me with love in front of everyone or not Jinjin~ah. As long as I can feel that you love me too, it's enough." That's what Shuhua's exact words were.

She's known Shuhua for 11 years already, they were childhood best friends despite being more than a year older than the girl.

Shuhua came in Korea from Taiwan 11 years ago and had no friends around her. Because of that, everyone often sees the girl sitting alone during lunch. But Shuhua mostly caught Soojin's eyes though.

She's obviously older than the girl since she's from a higher grade but it didn't stop her to approach Shuhua when she saw how the younger girl always orders the same food every single day, which is ramen.

Flashback

"hey." she calls out towards the known young beauty of their school.

She knows 4 basic things about her, 1) her name's Yeh Shuhua, 2) the girl's from Taiwan, 3) she always eats alone, seeming unfriendly and cold to everybody else, and lastly, 4) the girl is drop dead gorgeous. Quiet basic, right?

The gorgeous kid stops eating her ramen and looked up at her.

"can I eat lunch with you?" she asks and the girl only looks at her.

Soojin smiled, "can I eat lunch with you?" she speaks again, speaking mandarin this time.

She honestly studied the language days ago just to talk to Shuhua, thinking that the reason why the younger girl is not talking to anyone is due to the language they're using.

And the way Shuhua's eyes lit up at that, she knew she's right.

"you can! of course, please take a seat." Shuhua answers her in her native language.

End of flashback

Since that day, she always joins Shuhua to eat. She tried to teach the girl Korean and day by day they became good friends through that.

Soon enough, she's invited to have a dinner and sleepover in Shuhua's place and so she then met the younger girl's whole family.

Flashback

"mom, dad, this is Seo Soojin." Shuhua said, speaking Korean this time.

"hello dear, our daughter keeps on talking about you." Shuhua's mom spoke in Korean, as she motioned for Soojin to sit on the chair beside Shuhua.

Shuhua once mentioned during their first week as friends that her whole family studied Korean as well even before they came to Korea. The younger girl also mentioned she knows a few words here and there but cannot form a sentence enough to voice out her thoughts.

"I hope it's all good things, ma'am." she said shyly and the younger girl's parents chuckled at that.

"of course, all she's been saying is how beautiful, kind, sweet and intelligent person you are." Shuhua's dad said that made Soojin bow her head out of shyness.

"thank you for being our daughter's friend Soojin, she's happier these days since she met you." she then heard Shuhua's mom say.

"it's my pleasure of knowing her ma'am." she says back with a smile as she glances at Shuhua who's smiling at her as well.

After that, their conversation continued on as the dinner passes.

End of flashback

Soon after as well, it was her turn to invite Shuhua for dinner and sleepover in her place.

Her family immediately fell for Shuhua's charms.

Flashback

"you must be Yeh Shuhua." her dad greeted Shuhua as soon as the younger girl showed up in their front door.

"yes sir, good evening." Shuhua said.

Soojin came running from her room the very moment she registered Shuhua's voice from downstairs.

"Shu!" she yelled earning her dad and Shuhua's attention.

"Jinjin." Shuhua calls back with a smile.

Her dad let Shuhua in and they went straight to eat dinner.

"Shuhua, I would like to thank you for making Soojin smile." she suddenly heard her mom say, making her feel shy.

"what do you mean, ma'am?" Shuhua asks.

"our Soosoo here is too shy to even approach others, so her friends were the one to always approach her first..but then, we were shocked when we found out she made a new friend." Soojin's mom explained.

"mom." she called out to stop her mom from exposing her.

"she was so happy when she told us about you..and every day she comes home with that same smile and aura she had when she first talked to you." now it's her dad's turn to expose her.

She felt Shuhua hold her hand under the table, so she looked up but Shuhua's eyes were on her parents.

"I became happier since she came into my life ma'am, sir..I should be the one to thank you for raising a good daughter as her." she heard Shuhua say and she then turned to her parents and saw how happy they got because of those words.

She knew Shuhua meant those words, the younger girl always tells her that all the time.

End of flashback

Then later on, they officially became best friends. But as the years pass by, Shuhua became more vocal about her affection towards her while she became even more shy or rather cold towards the younger girl. But everyone in their school knows how much she cares for the girl despite acting differently.

Their friends whom they met 4 years after they did knows about Shuhua crushing on her while she just shrugs it away.

But deep inside, she feels jealous whenever their new friend named Song Yuqi approaches Shuhua.

Flashback

"where are those two?" Miyeon asks as she sat beside Minnie.

"Shuhua's probably dragging Yuqi away from the art exhibit, it's your fault why Yuqi's there though." Minnie answers her.

"why me?" Miyeon asks.

"you're the one who made paintings and all about giraffes." Soyeon said as she sat beside Minnie as well, Miyeon in between.

"and speaking of the giraffe lover." Soyeon added as soon as she saw Yuqi being dragged by a pissed looking Shuhua.

"looks like she made Shuhua mad this time." Miyeon said that made Soojin look up to where the two are.

Yuqi and Shuhua were basically holding hands with the former smiling and the latter seemingly mad.

"Shu, what's with the face?" Minnie asks as soon as the two came, Shuhua sitting in between Soojin and Yuqi.

"Yuqi..she sent texts on my phone about visiting the art exhibit after class..I forgot to put my phone on silent and because of those messages she sent, my phone keeps on receiving texts notifications..and so my phone got confiscated..sir thought I'm texting in his class when in fact I was just sitting there taking down notes." Shuhua explained.

"I thought you had your phone on vibrate mode Shu..and I sent you those messages so that you'll notice it and agree with me." Yuqi reasoned out that earned a rolling of eyes from Shuhua.

"yah, I'm sorry okay? I'll get your phone today, I'll talk to our teacher..I'll explain things, I promise." Yuqi said and Shuhua sighed.

"you better do it Song Yuqi." and with that Yuqi nodded with a smile, making Shuhua smile as well.

Soojin just sat there, listening to their conversation while saying nothing.

"we can get ice cream after we get your phone..how does that sound for you?" she heard Yuqi asks.

"pretty good..sure, I like that." Shuhua answered.

"yah! how about us?" Minnie asks, joining the topic.

"let's go some other time..today is Shu and I's date, right Shu?" Yuqi says.

"yep!" Soojin totally lost her will to eat lunch after that.

End of flashback

Her jealousy carried on for a few more weeks until she can't hold it anymore and directly told Shuhua to stop acting all sweet with Yuqi.

Flashback

"Jinjin? what's wrong?" Shuhua asks her.

They are on their usual hangout place, the cafeteria. They are already done eating and since the other four still wanted to eat something, they went to buy it first.

"nothing." she simply answers.

"nothing? you've been giving me cold treatment since yesterday and you're saying there's nothing wrong?" Shuhua asks, chuckling out of frustration.

"since when did I ever became warm to you though." Soojin asks, looking at everywhere but Shuhua.

"when you first approached me, when you taught me Korean, when we had our sleepovers, when there's only the two of us..when you let me hug and cling on to you despite saying you don't like it." Shuhua answered and so she turned to look at the girl.

"there's nothing wrong." she firmly said and Shuhua rolled her eyes at her.

"fine, be that way..I'll just go buy something for us since Yuqi's been eyeing us both since earlier." she heard Shuhua say as the younger girl sighed and was about to stand.

Soojin's reflexes got to her first than her mind so she reached for Shuhua's hand to stop her from going anywhere else.

"what, you're going to where Yuqi is?" she asks and Shuhua looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"I just told you didn't I?" she answered and Soojin groaned.

"no, don't go anywhere and just sit with me." she once again spoke in a firm attitude.

Shuhua just agreed on it, she honestly wonders what Soojin's deal is, so she once again asks her.

"seriously Jin, what's wrong?" she asks, voice softer than her usual tone.

"you said you like me, right? then why are you spending time with somebody else?" Soojin said, still not letting go of Shuhua's hand.

Shuhua has this confused look on her face now, "what do you mean? I like you? Jinjin, it's honestly more than that but if that's how you view it then fine..but what's so wrong spending time with other people?" Shuhua asks.

Shuhua's honestly been in love with the older girl and she knows the latter isn't ready to hear that yet so she just lets the girl think that she only likes her.

"you like me so just stick with me..don't like somebody else." Soojin said, once again staring at somewhere else.

Shuhua, who's still as lost as a puppy had no idea what Soojin meant.

"why can't I like somebody else?" she asks and that's when Soojin lost it.

"yah! if you say you like me, then just like me..I don't even look at anybody else the way I look at you. So be faithful and just focus on me."

Shuhua finally, FINALLY got what the older girl meant..she literally had wide open.

"wait, are you saying you have feelings for me?" Shuhua asks, almost jumping from feeling too much happiness.

"I'm saying I love you and that you are officially my girlfriend so stop acting all sweet towards Yuqi and any other person.." Soojin boldly said, now staring at Shuhua who already has a wide smile on her face.

"what?" Soojin asks, irritated.

She just confessed and the girl's got the nerve to just smile at her.

"I love you too jagiya." Shuhua happily said as she went for a hug, burrying herself in Soojin's neck who was surprised at first but right away smiled because of the gesture.

End of flashback

That day was the day they became official. Soojin came out to her parents and sister with Shuhua beside her that same day, she was not actually surprise when her parents accepted them right away.

Flashback

"mom, dad..Yejin..this is Yeh Shuhua..." Soojin says, a bit scared.

"my girlfriend.." she followed, waiting for their reaction.

Shuhua bowed to them, as if meeting them for the first time ever in her life.

"finally, it's about time you two start dating for real." her mom said.

"right..took you both long enough..who asked who?" her dad asked.

Somehow, she loves the reaction she's hearing. Shuhua started to cling on to her once again and answered her dad's question.

"she just told me I'm officially her girlfriend, sir." Shuhua answered that made her family laugh.

"unnie, you can't even ask it properly? how could you!" Yejin, Soojin's younger sister asked playfully.

"by the way, call us mom and dad from now on." Soojin's mom said making Shuhua smile and her as a blushing mess.

Of course, her parents would say that. They both are charmed by Shuhua since the day they met her.

End of flashback

And now, with Shuhua finally entering the same school as her. All the news about them being together were all over the campus.

This year is her second year in College and Shuhua's first ever, so she actually had build her own name as one of their school's best dancer and one of the top student in their whole class section.

She's pretty famous in both es with most of them actually asking her out. She turned them down without giving any reason at all. Miyeon, Minnie and Soyeon are actually studying with her too.

The trio were the one who told those people Soojin's reason, and so..everyone is eager to finally meet the person who's got Soojin's sweet yes, of course, they don't know the fact that Soojin was the one who literally claimed Shuhua because she's jealous of Yuqi who's by the way now Soyeon's girlfriend.

Shuhua and Yuqi are already known in their campus as the pretty and cute duo the moment they entered the school. Soyeon made clear that Yuqi's not available because the girl's already in a relationship with her and they are both actually open about it, bickering here and there one second then being sweet the next.

Miyeon and Minnie are in a relationship as well, the two finally got together just three months ago. Both got tired pretending they just love each other as friends and Minnie took the first step to confess. Both were practically treating each other like girlfriends years before to the point that the only thing that's missing is their label and so Minnie finally asked the question and now, they are officially dating.

Soojin and Shuhua however is a different story. Shuhua's all over telling everyone she's taken by Soojin whenever some guy or girl asks her out but nobody believes her.

Soojin does not act sweet towards her at all nor claimed her as hers like what Soyeon did in front of everyone so it's pretty understandable when their schoolmates started thinking it's a one-sided love.

However, Soojin is ready to change her ways starting this day.

All her schoolmates who saw her were whispering things to each other. Who wouldn't when a Seo Soojin is standing outside somebody else's classroom from a different year level.

"is that Shuhua's classroom?"

"yes..why is she here though? does that mean they're actually together for real?"

Soojin decided not to mind their words as she waited for Shuhua's class to be over.

As soon as the students went out, they were shocked to see Soojin outside. They greeted her and she bowed as a respect towards them as well.

"Jinjin!" Shuhua's happy voice and beautiful smile automatically made her smile as well the moment she saw it.

"hi Shu." she said and Yuqi came out from the room as well.

"am I seeing things real? Seo Soojin is here?" Yuqi asks, teasing Soojin.

"yah, quit it Yuqi." Soojin said with a hint of being playful.

Soojin was surprised when Shuhua suddenly hugged her, but nevertheless, she smiled and hugged the younger girl as well.

"why are you here Jinjin?" Shuhua asks her as they still keep on hugging each other.

"I miss my girlfriend so I came here." Soojin said that made Shuhua chuckle.

"is this about last night Jin?" Shuhua asks as she pulled away from Soojin.

They were on a video call last night and the two talked about how their schoolmates think about their relationship. Soojin told Shuhua she's sorry because she's not that affectionate towards her but Shuhua just shrug it off and told her only good things.

Flashback

"it's fine Jinjin..who cares about what others say, I love you and I know you love me too..you are not obligated to show that to everybody else with your actions..and besides, you are already affectionate to me." Shuhua said with a smile.

"you hold on to my arm, you lean your head on my shoulder, you always look for me..though you do it subtly, it still counts jagiya.." Shuhua added that made Soojin smile as well.

"I really do love you Shu." she said.

"I know..and I really do love you too Jinjin." Shuhua answered back.

End of flashback

After that conversation with Shuhua, she realized that the girl deserves better.

So she decided to be open about showing her affection, not only for others to see that their relationship isn't one-sided but also to make Shuhua feel how proud she is for being Yeh Shuhua's girlfriend.

Soojin pulled Shuhua back for a hug and squeals from their schoolmates can be heard.

"I just want you to know that I love you so much Shu." she said and Shuhua hugged her back.

"I love you so much more jagiya." she heard Shuhua say.

Being this open about her feelings towards the younger girl is actually a new feeling but it sure as a good one.

"okay, enough with the sweetness you two..I'm hungry, let's go eat something..and where is Soyeon anyways?!" Yuqi says basically dragging the two.