Best Damn Thing

Fall In Love

There's no one else who knows all about Seo Soojin more than Yeh Shuhua does, no one.

The gestures Soojin does when she's shy, spacing out all of a sudden due to nervousness and overwhelmed feelings, controlling herself when she gets too excited and hyped up, her deepest secrets, even the mole under her foot-it doesn't matter what it is about, she knows it all.

Soojin is like an open book for her, she reads the girl and understands her right away like she's meant to do just that since the beginning.

She knows how Soojin likes to keep things to herself, worries, problems, questions. She knows how the girl doesn't want to bother other people by telling her own concerns.

She knows when Soojin's sick even when the older girl tries to deny it. She knows when Soojin's having big troubles even when she tries to act cool about it. She knows everything.

"how am I supposed to ask Soyeon's forgiveness? she hates me too much right now."

Shuhua belives that her purpose of existence is to be with Soojin, to balance out the older girl's flaws, to make the girl smile and genuinely happy, to stay by her side no matter what, to take care of her, to love her.

"I mean, I admit I'm stupid enough to add those veggies in her food but this is the first time she's this mad at me."

And so, Shuhua makes sure she showers Soojin with affection. Though it may looked too annoying for other people's perspective, she knows that Soojin loves it. And that's what matters.

"yah! are you even listening to me?!" suddenly, Shuhua's thoughts about Soojin is cut short.

Her best friend, Song Yuqi is looking at her with a pout, obviously pissed off by the fact that she wasn't paying that much of an attention. Or rather, she's not paying attention at all.

If it's any other day, she'd teased Yuqi about acting like a kid when in fact she's older than her. But today is different.

Instead of mocking Yuqi by copying the words and gestures the girl did earlier, Shuhua did nothing but only stared at Yuqi.

Sensing something, the older girl cleared and asked Shuhua, "what's wrong? you seem troubled." Yuqi asks and Shuhua tried to smile.

Just like Soojin, Shuhua keeps things to herself more often. Not only because she doesn't want to bother anyone but as well the reason that she knows that the only person who can solve those problems is herself.

But right now, she's not sure if she can solve it alone or not.

"Shu, you're spacing out again..what's wrong?" Yuqi asks once again, face full of concern.

"Soojin." Shuhua just answered and Yuqi had this confused look on her face now.

"what about Soojin unnie?" Yuqi asks.

"she's different lately." Shuhua says.

It's true though, Soojin seems to be different the past few days.

Shuhua did everything she could to read Soojin's actions but she just can't seem to fathom the older girl's reason.

"what do you mean by different?" Yuqi asks once again.

"lately, she's always busy..always doing different things, she visits me in my place but keeps her eyes glued to her phone or laptop." Shuhua says.

"Shuhua, you know Soojin unnie is not just a normal person. She manages her parents' company who's by the way one of the biggest one here in Korea, so just like you said, she's a busy person." Yuqi reasoned out.

"I know. But it's different than before." Shuhua answers back as she drinks her bubble tea.

"she would always make time for me, she used to spend time with just only me when she visits or whenever I come over her place..and she's doing the exact opposite thing the past few days." she added.

"are you saying..unnie is cheating on you?" Yuqi asks in disbelief.

Shuhua as well stopped drinking her bubble tea and had this wide eyed expression at Yuqi.

"what?! no way!" she yells but later on regretted when people from the other tables looked at her.

"oopps, I'm sorry." she says to everyone and then they all went back to whatever their business are.

"she wouldn't cheat on me." Shuhua told Yuqi, making sure her voice is just enough for the two of them to hear.

Deep inside, she's never thought about that. She knows Soojin and the older girl would never ever cheat on her. Soojin loves Shuhua and the latter can bet her life about that fact.

Soojin might not be as expressive as her but it doesn't mean she doesn't love Shuhua. They wouldn't last 9 years if the older girl doesn't love her.

Shuhua swears she can feel how much Soojin loves her by how the girl takes care of her in her own little ways, she notices how Soojin showed her love.

So cheating is never an option for the older girl's reason of her odd behavior. Never.

"then maybe she's just really busy with work." Yuqi says as her phone then started ringing.

"it's Soyeon, wait Shu." Yuqi says, excusing herself as she stood and rushed to answer her girlfriend's call.

Her girlfriend who's mad at her for secretly adding vegetables on her food.

Shuhua just nodded and leaned on her chair.

She checks her phone for a missed call from Soojin but found none. Not even a single message.

Jinjin<3

 

jagiya? did you eat your lunch already? I'm out with Yuqi right now, do you want me to drop by in your office to bring you something? :)

 

She waited for a reply from the older girl and so when her phone vibrated in her hands, she immediately smiled and opened the message.

 

Jinjin<3

 

I already ate and it's fine, no need to come here baobei.

 

She reads.

 

This is so unlike Soojin, the girl never rejected her offer when it comes to her visiting the office. In fact, Soojin would often ask her to come over so that she can get inspiration to work faster so she'll then be able to spend time with her right after.

 

Suddenly, her phone started vibrating again and so she checked it and saw that her other best friend, Minnie is calling her.

 

"Minnie unnie, hi." she says as she answered the call.

 

"hi Shu, are you busy right now?" Minnie asks her.

 

"I'm with Yuqi right now," Shuhua says as she glanced at Yuqi who's outside the shop, still talking to Soyeon over the phone. Yuqi's smiling through the call so that could only mean that the two are okay now.

 

"but I think she'll leave any minute now, I guess she's finally got Soyeon unnie's forgiveness." she says, happy for Yuqi.

 

"hmm, if that's the case..can I see you?" Minnie asks.

 

"sure unnie, where?" she asks back.

 

Yuqi could be right though, maybe Soojin's just too busy with work.

 

So might as well try not to overthink about her relationship with Soojin.

 

"are you both at the usual shop? I'm just near the area, I can come pick you up..let's go to the mall and watch some movie." she heard Minnie say and at the same time Yuqi came back.

 

"Soojin?" the girl asks her and she shook her head no before answering Minnie.

 

"yes Minnie unnie, I'll be waiting for you then." she says.

 

"okay Shu, don't let Yuqi go until I get there okay? bye-bye." Minnie said before ending the call.

 

"wait for her? does that mean Minnie unnie's coming here?" Yuqi asks.

 

"yes..she wants to go to the mall and watch a movie, I agreed since I feel like you'll leave me sooner..figured you and Soyeon unnie are fine now." she says and Yuqi chuckled.


"you're actually right..Soyeon wants me to go see her as soon as possible, she said she missed me." Yuqi says with a lovestruck smile on her face.

"Yuqi, Shuhua." then they heard Minnie calling, walking towards their way.

"Minnie unnie." the two greeted Minnie, exchanging hugs.

"Yuqi, are you coming with us or you'll be meeting Soyeon?" Minnie asks.

"have to meet my Princess, she'll kill me if I don't show up." Yuqi answers as they all walk out from the shop.

"she'll kill you if you don't stop putting vegetables in her food." Minnie said earning a light laugh from the two.

"anyways, I have to go..you both take care." Yuqi then said when they neared the parking.

Minnie and Shuhua bid Yuqi goodbye as the two then walk to where their car is.

Minnie just parked beside Shuhua's, "let's just meet there then? I forgot you brought your car with you." Minnie said and Shuhua agreed.

"see you there Shu." Minnie said as she went to her car, Shuhua as well did the same.

+++++

Inside the mall, Minnie suddenly pulled Shuhua to a ring shop.

"what are we doing here unnie?" Shuhua asks.

Of course, she already have an idea why they are there but confirming it is a must.

"what do you think Shu?" Minnie asks, eyebrows moving up and down.

"are you going to ask Miyeon unnie for marriage?" Shuhua asks and Minnie smiled.

Shuhua smiled back before saying, "are you sure you'll be able to live the rest of your life with her?" she asks and Minnie jokingly slapped her arm.

Miyeon and Shuhua somehow had this history together, it was back when the latter was courting Soojin and Miyeon as well was doing the same. To simply put it, they were rivals.

But after awhile, it was revealed that the one whom Miyeon likes is her and was just trying to cover it up by courting Soojin. Somehow, Miyeon knows that Soojin liked Shuhua first even before she herself did and since Soojin's a shy person, she never did made a move on Shuhua and did not right away believed Shuhua's intentions on her when the younger girl courted her.


In conclusion, Miyeon made Soojin confess to Shuhua despite liking the younger girl as well.

But the pain Miyeon felt that time was worth it when she saw how happy Shuhua and Soojin became.

Miyeon and Shuhua became friends despite that.

Years later, Minnie confessed to Miyeon and told her she's loved her for years. Miyeon who already moved on from Shuhua, she gave Minnie a chance and now, they're already in their 4th year as girlfriends.

"I'm sure Shu..how about you? aren't you planning to marry Soojin soon?" Minnie asks while looking at the ring designs.

Shuhua went back to thinking about Soojin once again.

"Shu?" Minnie calls her when the one who assisted them went to pack the ring Minnie chose.

"huh? of course, I just don't know when to ask her..she's too busy nowadays." Shuhua answered.

"why don't you ask her during her birthday? it's in 2 months time, right?" Minnie asks.

"yeah..maybe I'll ask her." Shuhua just answered, still lost in her thought.

"let's go?" Minnie calls her and she followed along.

"tell me how it went, I'll kill Miyeon unnie if she says no to you." Shuhua said and Minnie laughed.

"when are you asking her anyways?" Shuhua asks.

"we'll have dinner later, I'm planning to ask her during that time." Minnie answers and Shuhua stopped walking.

"wait, so you brought me here just to accompany you buy the ring?" she asks and Minnie lightly laughed.

"silly, I really wanted to watch a movie with you..then after I'll meet Miyeon." Minnie answers, pulling Shuhua with her towards the cinema.

+++++

"Shu, why do I feel like you're physically present yet mentally absent?" Minnie asks as they went out from the cinema, but Shuhua did not say anything.

"Shu?" she calls once again and Shuhua stopped walking, just outside the cinema.

"should I go visit Soojin in her office?" she asks and Minnie raised her eyebrows at that.

"why are you asking me that?" she asks yet Shuhua again did not say anything and just stared at the floor.

"but Soojin always wants you to be in her office right? you should just visit her." Minnie says.

"she told me there's no need to go there." Shuhua says, still head low.

Minnie looked at her worriedly, before speaking. "what's bothering you Shu?" she asks and Shuhua then raised her head up back again.

"Soojin..I never thought about it before, I know she won't do that to me..but, right now..her actions are slowly making sense to me." Shuhua says, tears slowly forming in her eyes.

Shuhua had been thinking about the possibility of Soojin cheating and she hates herself for thinking that way. But how could she not?

She know Soojin so much, every little action the older girl does, she knows it all. Except the past few days.

And Yuqi asking her that question made her think about that possibility.

Her heart was slowly breaking when she thought about all of Soojin's actions days ago.

Physically with her but not really, always busy with her laptop and phone. She didn't even asked her to go visit her in the office for a week already.

Soojin's a cold type of person but she shows Shuhua affections in her own way, but lately, as much as Shuhua hates to admit it, she has to acknowledge the fact that Soojin's basically avoiding her.

Tears in her eyes cannot be stopped, so Minnie hugged her, comforting her the best way she could.

"are you saying Soojin's cheating on you?" Minnie asks and Shuhua slowly nodded her head.

It was quiet for awhile, people are looking at them. Who wouldn't when one girl is hugging the other girl who's crying loudly.

Who wouldn't look at them when another girl is standing just behind the crying girl, holding literally about 3 different boxes of chocolates and as well crying.

"you know, she may be a tsundere but everyone who knows us knows about the fact that Soojin had loved you since she first saw you..and that was 12 years ago..she never loved anyone else after that Shu." Minnie told Shuhua as she looked at the girl behind them.

Shuhua raised her head at what Minnie said, "she was 15 that time unnie, what if she's just stuck with me and she just lately realized the fact that she doesn't love me anymore?" she asks, voice filled with pain.

"that will never happen Shushu." Shuhua suddenly heard someone say from behind her.

She knows who that voice is, so she moved away from Minnie's hug and turned around.

Her eyes grew wide upon seeing Soojin, "trust Soojin." Minnie whispered in her ear, "and by the way, don't tell Miyeon about my plan..I'll honestly do it soon." the older girl said before walking towards Soojin.

"I bet Shuhua wouldn't appreciate those chocolates now Soo..I'll put it in the car." Minnie said and Soojin gave her the chocolates.

When Minnie walked away, Soojin and Shuhua stayed there, just a few steps apart, staring at each other.

People crowded around them, watching what the scene is about.

Soojin slowly walks towards Shuhua, "it's you Shu and it will always be you, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me and there's no way I'd ruin what we have." Shuhua hears Soojin say.

Tears fell even more from Shuhua's eyes when Soojin kneeled on one knee, "marry me, please?" Soojin asks, showing her a ring.

Shuhua cried even more as she nodded her head while Soojin put the ring on her finger.

She then hugged Soojin tight, "I thought you don't love me anymore." she says, crying.

"I love you so much baobei, so damn much." Soojin answered as she move away from the hug, wiping Shuhua's tears.

They stared at each others eyes as the people around them reacted at what they saw, some were showing their support and some were disgusted at them.

But they don't care, it's just the two of them there.

Soojin then smiled, "everything's already set, all of our families there already..including the other girls parents." she said.

"the girls and us are the only ones missing in there..so let's go?" she asks and Shuhua had this confused look on her face.

"what?" she asks.

Soojin smirked at that, "Yuqi told me about your worries, but honestly baobei, I was just busy finishing a 2 month long paper works and as well preparing all what's needed and invitations for everyone..that's why I'm always focused on my phone and laptop." she explained.

"then add the fact that you can easily read me, so I have to kind of avoid you as well for awhile for my plan not to get busted." she added.

It clicked in Shuhua's mind now, she knows Soojin so much and so she'll easily know if the girl acts differently.

But not the kind of different that Soojin just did that almost broke her apart though.

Soojin's kind of avoiding her because she doesn't want Shuhua to know that she's planning on proposing. And Shuhua's slowly melting upon realizing that.

"let's go to Taiwan, flights at 5." she heard Soojin say and her eyes grew wide.

"what?!" she asks.

"I know you'd say yes, you love me too much to reject my proposal." Soojin said smirking at her, confidence full.

Shuhua wouldn't argue at that, Soojin's just stating facts.

So Shuhua nodded, smiling at Soojin.

"we need to go now..as soon as we arrive there, a car will come pick us up and drive us to the venue." Soojin said that caused Shuhua to open wide in shock.

She cannot say any other words, if she's understanding things right..what Soojin meant is that..., "yes baobei, we'll get married as soon as we arrive in Taiwan..so let's go?" Soojin told her.

Shuhua squealed and held Soojin's hand, "let's go!!!" she said as she started running, pulling Soojin with her.

Obviously too excited to right away marry the girl she fell in love with all her life.