Jump then Fall

Fall In Love

"whoa I need you baby,
don't be afraid please jump then fall, jump then fall into me.
baby I'm never gonna leave you,
say that you wanna be with me too..
cause I'm gonna stay through it all,
so jump then fall, jump then fall baby,
jump then fall into me, into me."

Shuhua doesn't know how many times she's heard that song to the point she's planning on how to just take Yuqi's phone and burn it to ashes.

Song Yuqi knows how to push all Yeh Shuhua's buttons so well it'll be no wonder who killed her if ever she's found somewhere around the side streets of Seoul showering in her own blood.

But of course, Shuhua's sane enough to not kill anyone.

"Song Yuqi! how many times will you play that song today?!" she asks out of frustration, speaking in mandarin.

However, Yuqi just laughed at her reaction while standing and holding her own phone like it's some sort of microphone.

"I like the way you sound in the morning, we're on the phone and without a warning, I realize your laugh is the best sound I ever heard." Yuqi sings and Shuhua's about to throw her own phone at the girl.

She knows when this started, it was that one time she got drunk with Yuqi and she confessed about having feelings for a certain someone they both know from their College.

As the best friend Song Yuqi is, she recorded Shuhua singing the same song with tears in her eyes while she's laughing behind the camera.

The next morning, Shuhua swore she'll never do 2 things when she's drinking. 1) not to spill any secrets, 2) not to sing any songs.

"the bottom's gonna drop out from under our feet, I'll catch you, I'll catch you..when people say things that bring you to your knees, I'll catch you..the time is gonna come when you're so mad you could cry, but I'll hold you through the night until you smile." Yuqi sings once again, copying Shuhua's way of singing.

"yah! Song Yuqi!!" Shuhua angrily yelled as she ran after the girl who ran out from their shared dorm room and into the hallways of the whole building, laughing all the way.

When Yuqi took a left turn, Shuhua followed along only to bumped into someone, immediately falling on top of the person.

"Yeh Shuhua." she heard a voice say.

She knows who the voice belong to, after all, it's only that person who's voice is mixed with coldness and iness in one.

Shuhua breathe in the perfume from the person she's bumped in to, she figured it's that person's signature smell from all their conversations a couple of months ago.

"Shu, you're heavy." she suddenly heard the person say and so she immediately stood, embarrassed as she offered her hand to help the other.

"I'm sorry Soojin unnie." she said, bowing her head and she heard a light chuckle after that.

"it's fine, you're lucky I'm the one you bumped in to." Soojin said as Shuhua raised her head only to see the former with a smile on her face.

"why were you running anyways? I saw Yuqi doing the same earlier." Soojin asks and Shuhua blushed because of that.

How would she tell Soojin she's trying to get hold of Yuqi because the latter won't let her breathe just because she confessed on having feelings for a certain Seo Soojin. She can't say that.

"just playing with her unnie, you know she likes to play games." she said, lying.

"I see, you better play inside your dorm room Shu..running around the hallways like 5 year old kids is a bit too much, I mean..you both are 20 years old women, right?" Soojin said and Shuhua became more embarrassed because of that.

Now, how will the person she's in love with fall for her when the girl obviously views her like a 5 year old kid.

"okay unnie, sorry about the inconvenience caused by me running in to you." she apologized once again.

"no big deal Shu..anyways, I have to go now. Soyeon's waiting for me." Soojin said as she patted Shuhua's head with a smile.

Shuhua melted right there, but she tried to pick up her dignity and acted like having Soojin that close is just nothing to her.

"take care Soojin unnie." she says as the girl walk passed her.

When she made sure Soojin's out of sight, she then turned back to where she was chasing Yuqi and saw the girl holding her phone in her direction.

"are you seriously recording everything now Song Yuqi?!" she yelled in frustration once again, speaking mandarin so Soojin wouldn't understand it in case the older girl hears her.

Yuqi just ran back again and Shuhua made slow walking steps to catch the girl. She'll not run inside the dorm building hallways anymore, unless she needs to.

She's planning to catch Yuqi, drag her back into their shared dorm room just like what Soojin said about playing inside.

+++++

They're inside the campus right now, specifically inside the cafeteria.

"Shuhua, stop staring into nothing and just eat your lunch." Shuhua heard her other friend Minnie say.

"she's not staring into nothing unnie, she's waiting for some blue haired girl's head to pop out from the cafeteria door." Yuqi said, chuckling.

Shuhua glared at Yuqi because of that, "so you really like Soojin?" Minnie asks.

"correction unnie, she doesn't like her..she's in love with her." Yuqi answered, emphasizing the words.

"then why don't you confess to her?" Minnie asks and Shuhua shook her head no, head low as if the table's the most interesting thing for her.

"she thinks Soojin sees her as a childish 20 year old so she's holding herself from hoping and doing such thing." Yuqi once again answered, as if she's Shuhua's spokesperson.

"hmm, but we all know Shuhua's more mature than us when she needs to be." Minnie says, drinking her soda.

"I told her that but she doesn't believe me." Yuqi says, eating her food.

"I suggest you try and confess Shu.." Minnie said and Shuhua sighed.

"confess what? and to whom?" suddenly Shuhua heard Soojin ask.

She immediately raised her head and looked at Soojin, she can feel herself froze on her seat because of how Soojin is looking at her.

The look of wonder is evident in her face and Shuhua doesn't know whether she should lie or just tell her.

Then as if on cue, the school bell started ringing.

"I'll talk to you some other time unnie! Yuqi, let's go!" Shuhua hurriedly said as she literally dragged Yuqi out.

+++++

A whole week passed by and Shuhua's doing her best to avoid Soojin, she knows the older girl won't stop asking her about that thing if ever they cross paths so she's doing everything to not bump into the girl.

These past few days, she's spending her time with Chou Tzuyu, her childhood friend who just started attending their school since the girl's girlfriend Minatozaki Sana is staying in Korea as well, but in a different school.

Whenever she sees Soojin, she immediately clings on to Tzuyu like a koala while the latter could only laugh at her.

"you should just tell her you know, it's not like she'll kill you for having those feelings." Tzuyu said but Shuhua just shook her head and held on to her even more.

Unknown to her, Soojin is frustrated for days already.

"Soo, you're stabbing that meat for half an hour already, come on..stop killing the dead." Soyeon said, stopping her from what she's doing.

"what's wrong Soo?" Miyeon asks.

"that Taiwanese girl." she answered as she finally eats her food.

"Tzuyu?" Soyeon asks and Soojin shot her a glare.

"Soyeon, she's obviously talking about her baby Shu." Miyeon said earning a glare from Soojin as well.

"ow, I thought it's the other one..her baby is spending most of her time with Tzuyu." Soyeon answered and Soojin stabbed her food once again.

"are they even together? she clings on to her like her life depended on her." Soojin voiced out.

"you're just jealous because your baby is doing that to other people and not you." Miyeon said with a chuckle.

"why couldn't she? it's not like Soojin confessed her feelings towards Shuhua." Soyeon said.

"I gave her clues already. I do things for her that I don't normally do for others. I am sweet towards her, I visit her, cook for her, invite her to go out with just the two of us..see her during lunch when we're literally from different classes..what else should I do for her to realize I am actually in love with her?" Soojin said as fast as she could, frustrated. She sounds like she's rapping because of how fast she spat those words.

"confess to her." both Miyeon and Soyeon answered at the same time.

"you have to tell her for her to know Soo, it's not like she can read minds." Miyeon said.

"yeah..and I suggest you do it now coz rumors about her and Tzuyu is all around the campus..you need to get your girl." Soyeon said with a nod.

Soojin just sat there, thinking whether she should do it or not.

She knows her friends are right, how would Shuhua know her feelings if she doesn't confess.

+++++

Jinjin unnie <3

 

Shu, can we meet at the school rooftop? Let's talk, it's urgent.

 

3:45 seen

 

Shuhua had been staring at that message for half an hour already. She's contemplating whether she'll go or not, but she wonders what Soojin meant with talking and it being urgent.

 

She sighed and stood, putting on her hoodie as fast as she could.

 

"where are you going Shu?" Yuqi asks her as she opens their door.

 

"I have to meet Soojin unnie, be right back!" Shuhua yelled as she then started running back to their school.

 

She stopped just below their school rooftops staircase, catching her breath.

 

Is Soojin even there still?

 

After catching her breath, she slowly walked up the stairs and opened the door.

 

Cold wind hit her as soon as she did that, her eyes automatically found someone sitting just beside the door, seemingly crying.

 

Her heart broke upon seeing Soojin in that state, "Jinjin unnie." she called out and Soojin raised her head, surprised to see Shuhua.

 

"why were you crying?" Shuhua asks as she sat beside the older girl.

 

"why are you here?" Soojin asked her instead of answering her question.

 

They both stared at each other for awhile, "you asked me to meet you here." Shuhua was the first one to break the eye contact and answered the latters question.

 

She leaned her back on the wall as she tried to calm her heart, something on how Soojin just stared at her made her feel things.

 

She's not a mind reader but she's not blind either, somehow she noticed how much longing Soojin's eyes has towards her.

 

"and I'm crying because I thought you wouldn't come." she heard Soojin answer her as well.

 

"why did you wait for me unnie?" she asks, staring ahead.

 

She no longer felt Soojin's gaze on her but she can still feel her heart beating wild because of it.

 

"I was hoping you'd still come, that you still cared enough to show up." Soojin answered and Shuhua can feel how broken Soojin sounds like.

 

How can she not notice this? This Seo Soojin beside her is the softest Soojin she's ever seen since they met.

 

This Seo Soojin feels like she'll give her the world if she can, this Soojin feels like someone who's willing to fall in to her.

 

"I always care about you unnie." Shuhua said and silence came after that.

 

A few seconds after, it broke, "I love you." they both said at the same time.

 

Both of them turned to look at each other in the eyes once again, "you do?" Soojin asks her and Shuhua can feel the happiness from her voice.

 

"I do, do you?" she answered back and Soojin chuckled, "more than you'll ever know." Shuhua's heart beat increased she's afraid she'll have a heart attack because of it.

 

"be my girlfriend?" they both said at the same time once again, making Shuhua smile.

 

Soojin however turned her whole body and faced Shuhua, reaching for her hand.

 

"I seriously love you Shu, please be my girlfriend?" she asks and Shuhua's smile didn't leave her face.

 

"I will be, only if you become my girlfriend as well." Shuhua said and Soojin had this matching smile on her face as well.

 

"I will." she answered and just like that, Shuhua leaned in for a kiss on to which Soojin almost had a heart attack.

 

They went out of their school hand in hand as they walked the way back to their dorm building.

 

+++++

 

"what took you two so long! come on! let's celebrate!!!" they were sure as hell surprised the moment both of them stopped in front of Shuhua's dorm room.

 

Yuqi opened it right away and yelled those words with Soyeon, Miyeon and Minnie behind her.

 

"what's happening?" both asked in shock.

 

"we knew all along you have feelings for each other..but it took you both this long to confess to each other it's frustrating." Minnie said as she put her arms around her girlfriend, Miyeon.

 

They're honestly the reason how these two met, "but now that you two are finally together, let's celebrate!!" Yuqi said excitedly as she pulled the two towards their couch.

 

"do not let Shuhua drink too much Yuqi." they heard Soyeon say as they sat.

 

"but drunk Shuhua is hilarious." Yuqi said and Soojin turned to look at Shuhua.

 

"why is that?" she asks but Shuhua just laughed awkwardly.

 

"let's talk about that tomorrow jagiya." Soojin heard Shuhua answer and she smiled, that nickname for her is enough to shut her up.

 

Shuhua however felt her cheeks heat up, calling Soojin jagiya and having that reaction from the older girl is like a dream come true.

 

They spent the whole night all together, watching a movie, drinking and talking about random things.

 

But then again, Song Yuqi as the bestest best friend she is..she didn't let Shuhua breathe as she connected her phone in the tv and played the video of Shuhua being drunk as hell.

 

"Song Yuqi!! you didn't just!!" Shuhua yelled in frustration, speaking mandarin while moving away from Soojin's embrace as she ran after Yuqi.

 

The other four continued to watch the video with a laughter, Soojin's laughing at how cute Shuhua is.

 

All along she's dreaming for Shuhua to fall for her without knowing that the girl is also hoping and dreaming for the same thing to happen.

 

Miyeon took her phone out and secretly pressed the record button as she recorded everything on her phone, seeing everyone happy makes her happy as well.

 

Minnie who's beside her chuckled at what Miyeon's doing.

 

"babe!! help me! Shuhua's killing meee!!!!" they suddenly heard Yuqi yelled.

 

"I told you not to play the video but your stubborn self still did so you better face the consequences Song Yuqi!!" Soyeon yelled back and Shuhua stopped attacking Yuqi.

 

"wait what?!" Soojin, Shuhua, Minnie and Miyeon yelled all at the same time.

 

"oopps, too much for keeping us a secret." Soyeon awkwardly laugh as she slowly walk backwards to where Yuqi is.

 

And sure as hell their night was spent interrogating the bickering duo who happens to be in a secret relationship all along.