Should've Said It

Fall In Love

Soojin followed Shuhua and Miyeon's movements, watching how sweet and happy they are.

The kind of happiness she should've been feeling if she was not stupid.

Yes, she knows she was stupid for letting Shuhua go.

"so don't mess her happiness up." she continued.

Soojin smiled bitterly.

"I won't."

She remembers her conversation with Minnie that's now nowhere to be found now.

Right.

She won't mess Shuhua's happiness up.

But then, she might actually be still her happiness.

Maybe.

So as soon as she met eyes with Shuhua, she smiled and the latter did the same.

She then saw how Miyeon walked away somewhere else..and that's her cue to talk to Shuhua.

To win her back.

She'd risk this moment to win the girl she's been missing for the past 4 years, she'd risk everything to get back Shuhua..as selfish as that sounds.

"hi Shu." she says, watching Shuhua closely.

She regrets everything.

Every little thing she had with her vanished just because she was stupid.

"can we talk?" she asked, her confidence slowly fading.

"sure unnie..let me just tell Miyeon." Shuhua answers her and walked away, going to where Miyeon is.

She saw how Miyeon looked at her for awhile before looking back at Shuhua. The two then came back to where she's standing.

"unnie, this is Miyeon, my girlfriend." Shuhua introduces and she felt her heart slowly break.

"hello..I'm Soojin." she says as she exchanged greetings with Miyeon.

"hi..Shu said you wanted to talk to her?" Miyeon asks her and she nodded her head, looking straight at Miyeon's eyes..as if they're talking to each other.

After a short while, Miyeon spoke, "okay..take care of her." and she stood there frozen.

'I never took care of her.' she thought.

Then Miyeon excused herself after kissing Shuhua's cheek who in return pretended to move away.

"they were like Tom & Jerry" Minnie's words flashed on her mind.

"see you later Shu." she hears Miyeon say.

"see you." she watched as Shuhua smile at the girl.

When Miyeon's out of sight, she felt herself frozen on the spot.

Until Shuhua laughed, "unnie, relax..it's just me." the girl tells her with a smile.

"do you want to talk somewhere else?" Shuhua asked her and she nodded, unable to speak.

The younger girl pulled her somewhere else and she just lets her.

Her memories flashing back to when they were together.

Shuhua would always drag her everywhere when they go out. The girl would always cling on to her. Always beside her.

They then stopped in a more quiet and secluded area.

"what are we going to talk about unnie?" Shuhua asks her but all she can think about was how she misses the girl.

How she wanted to hug her and kiss her again.

And she really did.

Eyes closed, heart beating fast, the time stopped..

At least for her.

Coz after a few seconds, she felt something wet on her cheek.

And when she opened her eyes, she knows it's almost really over.

Shuhua's eyes were close but tears were falling.

"Shu." she called out.

Opening her eyes, Shuhua looked at her..and that's how everything became clear for her.

"I'm sorry Shu." she spoke.

Shuhua did not have to say anything. She knows already.

Shuhua doesn't love her anymore.

She isn't Shuhua's happiness anymore.

She can't take her back.

"I'm so sorry." she said once again as she can't stop her tears from falling too.

"I'm sorry too unnie." Shuhua spoke after a long while. The girl coming close to hug her.

"Shu, please come back." she tried to say.

She knows Shuhua will say no.

But maybe, maybe she can still change her mind.

"unnie, I love Miyeon so much and I don't want to hurt her..I'm sorry." with that, she can't control herself anymore and cried harder.

She felt how Shuhua hugged her tighter, comforting her like she always does.

Like how she used to.

She did not dare to move coz she's afraid Shuhua will let go.

For awhile they stayed close to each other.

"Shu." she called after a couple of minutes.

She moves away from the hug and stares at the younger girl's eyes.

"thank you and I'm sorry for everything." she said that made Shuhua smile.

"thank you and I'm sorry too, unnie."

Shuhua's smile made her feel better.

"let's go back?" she asks while fixing herself.

"let's go."

This time, she walked beside Shuhua and entered the place again.

They saw how Miyeon is with Soyeon and Yuqi, talking..and they both approached them.

"Shu." Miyeon calls out and hugs Shuhua.

Soojin looked at Miyeon again as the latter did the same, soon enough they exchanged smiles.

+++++

Soojin stared at Shuhua and Miyeon smiling across the room, she'd be lying if she says she's okay, coz she isn't.

She's broken.

"hey, you want a drink?" suddenly someone spoke.

She looked beside her and it was Minnie, right hand offering her a drink.

"thanks." she said as she accepted it.

They stood together in silence. Until Minnie spoke.

"you know it's over now, right?" Minnie asked.

It took her a few more seconds before she answered.

"I know."

////

NOTE: okay, this is legit the last part of Something's Gotta Give and All These Years 😊

ALSO MIGHT BE THE LAST PART OF THE BOOK.