Sinners

Fall In Love

Soojin stares at Shuhua, she sees the girl smile the same smile she used to give her before, but this time, it isn't meant for her.

She sees how the girl laugh at something she has no idea what, she sees how Shuhua holds on to the person she's talking to, face full of happiness.

That should be me.

She chuckles at her own thought bitterly, "I'm a coward." she says to herself as she walks away.

She can't stare at them anymore, she can't keep hurting herself even more.

She started it, she was the first one who let go, she was the one who ran away.

And now seeing Shuhua happy without her, she feels her world collapse.

How come the girl who made her feel too much love, the girl who made her feel special, the girl who gave her almost everything she never knew she needed..just, moved on like that?

She knows though. It was her fault. She left.

"baby!" she stops walking, her mind playing tricks on her.

She heard Shuhua's voice call for her, but instead when she looked back it was Hui.

Her boyfriend.

The guy she's supposed to love, the guy she used to love.

"I've been calling your phone for awhile now, let's go eat our lunch?" Hui said, smiling at her.

Soojin used to love his smile.

"sure." she says as she lets Hui put his arm around her, both of them walking towards the cafeteria.

Soojin used to love how he seems protective of her.

They entered the cafeteria and bought their lunch.

"baby, it's our first year anniversary today..let's go somewhere after our last class?" Hui told her and she just nodded.

Soojin used to love having dates with him.

They continued eating their lunch as Hui talks about whatever she has no idea about.

+++++

Soojin and Hui entered the restaurant as the latter offered her to take a seat.

She used to love how he takes care of her.

"do you remember this place?" she heard Hui asks after he ordered for their food.

"yes." she answered, trying to let out a smile.

Hui smiled back at her as he then told her how they had their first date in there.

She used to think about that day with him.

Soojin zoned out while he talks.

"---and I know you don't love me anymore." she heard him say that made her look back at him.

"huh?" she asks, she might be hearing things again.

However, Hui just smiled at her.

"I said, I know you don't love me anymore.." he starts, "I know I was stupid for taking you for granted..I didn't prioritize you first..I caused you pain for a long time and she was there." he added and Soojin had shut.

"she was always there Soo.." he says, reaching for her hand.

"I tried to make you love me again..but it didn't work." he said, still with a smile, caressing her hand so gently.

"I love you Soo.." he says as he kisses the back of her hand.

"that's why I'm finally letting you go." he added right after.

"you shouldn't be afraid of what others will say, you love her and she loves you..take the risk Soo." Hui said.

Soojin looked at him, staring at his eyes.

She found the love and care in there, the same one she used to crave from him.

"this will be our last date Soo, the place where we had our first." he says with a smile as he reached for her, wiping the tears in her eyes she didn't know existed.

+++++

Soojin stares at Shuhua, she sees the girl smile at her, the same smile she always gives her.

She sees how Shuhua laughs at something she's been going on about.

I am here with you.

She chuckles at her own thought, "it's because of Hui." she said and Shuhua stops talking.

"hmm?" the girl asks as she smiled, Shuhua doing the same as well.

Soojin now loves this smile.

"yah! you two, get a room!" their friend tells them.

"shut up Yuqi!" Shuhua says, glaring at the other.

Soojin now love how she is protective of her.

"by the way Jinjin, let's go on a date later?" the girl asks her.

"sure..but, what's the occasion?" she asks.

"nothing..I just want to take you out on a date." Shuhua says, grinning at her.

Soojin now love having dates with her.

+++++

"Jinjin, it's cold..here." Shuhua tells her, handing a jacket to cover her.

She now loves how she takes care of her.

They are walking back to Soojin's place with Shuhua protectively holding her close.

"I remember the first time you took me home." Soojin said, breaking the comfortable silence.

She always thinks about that day spent with her.

"I do too Jin." Shuhua answers her.

They stopped in front of her house.

"I'll see you tomorrow Jinjin." the girl tells her and she smiled.

"yes." she answers back.

"go in now." Shuhua tells her.

It was quiet for a second, until she spoke.

"thank you for taking me back Shu." she finally said as she reaches her hand to hold Shuhua's face.

The girl smiled at her, holding her hand as well, caressing it. "thank you for fighting for us Jin." Shuhua told her.

They stared at each other, Soojin sees the love, care and everything else she wanted in Shuhua's eyes.

"I love you." Soojin says and Shuhua's response made her feel the happiest.

"and I love you too."