Amnesia

Fall In Love

Shuhua's on her way to go visit the café she always goes to whenever she feels down, their chocolate menus always taste great and that makes her feel better.

But not today.

As soon as she entered the café, Jeon Soyeon, its owner immediately came to her aid.

"what are you doing here Shu?" the older girl asks her.

With a confused face, Shuhua chuckled and answered the girl's question, "to buy my favourite chocolates, what kind of question was that unnie?" she asks back.

Somehow, another friend of hers who works as the café manager, Song Yuqi came to her side as well.

"Shu! hi! let's go somewhere else? food here taste bad." Yuqi says that made Shuhua look at her weirdly.

"you lovebirds are acting weird." she states before she started walking towards the cashier.

"hello Minnie unnie, can I have the regular ones that I always order?" she asks as soon as she saw her other friend in the cashier.

Basically, all the people that works in that café are her friends since she was 14. Well, Minnie and her girlfriend Miyeon are just a common friend she met through someone she's trying to forget.

However, Minnie's eyes grew wide upon seeing her and that kind of hurt Shuhua.

"what? are you all avoiding me?" she finally asks, it started from Soyeon and Yuqi and now Minnie, Miyeon's the only one missing here.

In which by the way, the said girl somehow popped out from the storage of the café, eyes wide as well.

"that's it, I'm leaving." Shuhua says, voice sounding obviously unhappy as she turned to walk away from the two when her eyes suddenly caught someone.

Her peripheral vision to be exact.

And she hates it how her eyes immediately focused on that someone.

Seo Soojin. The love of her life.

"Shu." she heard Miyeon's voice, softly calling her.

But Shuhua's eyes only focused at that particular person. Her ex-girlfriend who's smiling brightly at someone else.

"is he the guy she's dating now?" she asks to no one in particular, eyes still watching the two.

"yes." Minnie answered her.

Shuhua smiled. Soojin looks so happy, so bright, it was the look she's never seen Soojin gave her, well at least during the last times they were together.

She was 14 when she first saw the then 16 years old Soojin. It was exactly love at first sight for her while Soojin didn't even know she existed.

Not until she gained her own courage and came out to the whole school, which turned out great, especially for the girls who's so into her. After coming out, she then immediately started courting Soojin.

Her family approves of Soojin, especially knowing how the older girl became Shuhua's inspiration to be more better than she already is.

But Soojin, she only sees Shuhua as a younger sister. A year later of Shuhua pursuing Soojin, or more like clinging on to her and annoying her, the older girl finally reciprocated her feelings.

She was 16 and Soojin was 18 when they became official.

Later on, Soojin graduated and went to College. Shuhua studied hard and planned on going to the same College as hers and she actually did it.

During College, their bond as girlfriends grew stronger. Yes, there were a few misunderstandings, jealousy and fights, but they never broken up.

Not until 2 months ago.

She was 25 while Soojin's 27, they argued about Soojin being busy with her job in her own company, the one her parents' handed her.

Shuhua just wanted Soojin to give her even just a little time together. They live under the same roof but Soojin's rarely home, it doesn't feel like they are together anymore.

Shuhua just wanted Soojin to hold her and assure her about their relationship, but Soojin didn't.

Instead, Soojin blurted things.

Flashback

"Shu! you're too much! you know I'm working even late at night and I'm so tired and here you are talking about stupid things!" Soojin says.

"what? stupid things?" Shuhua asks, surprised.

"yes! you act like you can't live without me! you're too clingy! too annoying! you're too much to handle!" Soojin yells at her, frustrated.

Shuhua couldn't believe her ears.

"am I?" she asks, maybe she's just hearing things.

Instead of answering her question, Soojin just walked towards their room and she followed the older girl.

"where are you going?" Shuhua asks, Soojin's literally packing things in her carrier.

"let's end this shu..I can't handle this anymore." the older girl says after closing her bag.

Shuhua just stood there, alone in their room.

End of flashback

Just like that, 9 years of happy, loving, emotional roller coaster ride of relationship they shared together, it ended like that.

Shuhua wished she just shut that time, she wished she just lets Soojin be, that she just waited for the older girl to give her some time.

And now, seeing Soojin this happy and glowing. She questioned everything, did Soojin really loved her? What they had, was it even real?

How come in 2 months time Soojin's already dating someone else?

"she looks happy." she said as she convinced herself to stop staring at the two, along with trying her best to not cry.

"anyways, you didn't have to stop me from buying my favourite chocolates just because she's here." she says, chuckling.

"now, can I please have it Minnie unnie?" she asks and though Minnie knows what Shuhua's trying to do, she just lets the younger girl be.

Minnie punched in Shuhua's order and Miyeon prepared it real quick. After a short while, Minnie handed Shuhua's order.

"thanks unnie." Shuhua says, smiling at the four who's all standing beside each other.

"I'll go ahead." she says, smiling even more as she walks away, not daring to look at Soojin's side.

However, Miyeon, Minnie, Soyeon and Yuqi knows how much Shuhua's trying to act tough. They know how much Shuhua's hurting.

+++++

Shuhua parked her car just somewhere she felt like parking.

Taking her chocolate drink, she took a sip of it and immediately regretted it since the drink is too hot.

"pabo! cool it off before taking a sip..you're really a big baby, come here." she recalled how Soojin said those words.

She chuckled at herself, "why am I remembering things like this?!" she asks, frustrated.

She then took a deep breath and looked around the area and she realized she's parked the car somewhere in a place where the two of them used to go to.

She started laughing to herself as she realizes it, "pabo!" she calls herself.

Suddenly, tears started falling from her eyes.

"the way you look at someone, your eyes, it's attractive."

"what are you doing over there? Yeh Shuhua come and sit with me."

"you being annoying and clingy is part of the reasons why I fell for you Shu..don't ever change that, I love every single thing about you."

"soon, we'll marry each other and raise our own kids..we'll even raise puppies if you want. we'll be happy now and forever Shu."

"I love you Shuhua baobei."

Like scenes in a movie, all their memories together flashed in Shuhua's memory, remembering every part of it.

"how can you be so fine Soo? were we even real? did you even loved me?" she asks to no one.

+++++

Shuhua got home with Yuqi's help, luckily the girl called her to ask her how she's doing and turns out, she's drinking the pain out. Though it didn't really worked.

"I'll go home now Shu, Soyeon's going to kill me if she gets home without any meat in our place..I still don't understand how she can't eat vegetables which is in fact very healthy." Shuhua hears Yuqi say as she lies down.

She gestured for Yuqi to just go away, but even before the girl can go out from her room, she called her name.

"Yuqi~ah." Yuqi stopped walking and turned to look at her.

"don't ever let Soyeon unnie go, you're both destined to be together." she says and Yuqi smiled.

"I won't." she answers back.

"and tell Miyeon unnie not to let Minnie unnie go as well, Miyeon unnie is sometimes annoying with her words, she should be careful." Shuhua said that made Yuqi chuckle.

"okay, I will Shu." Yuqi says and once again, Shuhua gestured for her to go away.

"lock the door! and drive safely!" Shuhua yelled coz even when she's drunk as hell, safety should come first.

She laid there in her bed, the one she used to share with Soojin.

She shifted her position and reached for the pillow Soojin uses, for some reason, even when she washed it too many times, Soojin's scent still lingered there.

Soojin's presence is all around the room, all around the house, all around Shuhua.

And Shuhua hates it, she hates how much she wants to move on from the older girl and yet she's still hoping for Soojin to come back.

But seeing her earlier, it's like the odds were telling her to just let go and move on coz Soojin will never come back, never again.

"Shuhua baobei, I love you." she remembered Soojin saying it.

"I love you too jagiya." she says as a response, even when she knows that Soojin don't feel the same anymore.

With tears in her eyes, she fell asleep.

+++++

Soojin paused the video she was watching in her laptop when she heard something else.

She immediately removed her earphones and ran towards her bed where Yeh Shuhua is sleeping.

"baobei?!" she calls out, shaking Shuhua.

"yah! wake up baobei!" she calls the girl.

Slowly, she saw Shuhua open her eyes with tears in them.

"was it a bad dream Shu?" she asks as she wipes the girl's tears.

Shuhua however just stared at her, "you're here." she hears the younger girl say.

"of course, where else will I be? what's your bad dream about? do you want to tell me?" Soojin asks as she positioned herself in their bed.

Arms protectively spooning Shuhua, "you..you're with someone else..we broke up, then I saw you with somebody else after that.." Shuhua says, still with tears falling.

Soojin then made Shuhua look at her, "Shu, we've been together for 12 years as girlfriends and a year as wives. Almost all of my life was spent with you. And I've never looked at somebody else ever since I met you. I never loved someone else ever since I started loving you. Shuhua, I'm here and I'm real. I won't go anywhere and will never ever leave you. I asked you to marry me coz I can't picture my life without you in it. You're the only person I ever love like this Shu. And everyday it keeps growing and growing, I love you and only you. Please remember that, will you baobei?" Soojin says, staring at Shuhua's eyes.

Shuhua answered her with a nod, "I'm sorry jagiya..that dream made me a mess." she says.

"you're a beautiful mess Shu." Soojin says as she kisses Shuhua's forehead.

"but I don't want you to cry again." she added, "I love you so much Shuhua Seo." Soojin says, voice dripping with sweetness.

Shuhua smiled, finally waking up with the reality. The reality that she's Seo Shuhua.

"I love how you call me like that." she says as she smiled even more at Soojin.

"and I love you too jagiya." she says right after as she leaned in for a kiss.

Soojin met her halfway and they shared one of the best kisses they ever did, pouring all the love they felt for each other through it.

This is Seo Shuhua's reality, her reality with Yeh Soojin.