Lucky ❤ (p4/end)

Fall In Love

Soojin and Shuhua grew closer than they did before.

They are sitting together, both on their phones inside Soojin's room.

Suddenly, Soojin heard Shuhua giggle.

However, she decided to just shrug it off.

But then, Shuhua started laughing and she raised her brows at that.

"Shu?" she calls out and Shuhua looked at her, a genuine smile on her face.

Soojin decided to stop counting how many times she forgot how to breathe because of this girl and yet she's still not used to it.

Shuhua always takes her breath away.

"sorry Jinjin, am I being loud?" the girl asks her and she shook her head.

"it's fine, but what are you doing though?" Soojin asks but a notification was heard from Shuhua's phone.

"wait Jin~ah." the girl told her as she just nodded.

She studied Shuhua's actions. The girl's been giggling and smiling alone, laughing at something she only knows about.

"Jin~ah, I have to go now." suddenly, Shuhua told her those.

"huh? why?" she asks, trying to hide her disappointment.

"Yuqi invited me for lunch." Shuhua told her and Soojin's eyebrows raised once again.

"Yuqi?" Soojin asks.

She knows who Yuqi is but she had no idea that the girl is a friend of Shuhua's.

"yes, you know her right? the cute girl with a unique voice." Shuhua described and Soojin nodded.

"so yeah, she invited me for lunch and I agreed so..I'll see you tomorrow in class?" Shuhua tells her, standing from her seat.

"yeah, sure." Soojin says, smiling.

She's learned how to keep her true emotions from the girl.

"bye Jinjin." Shuhua tells her before exiting her room.

When she heard her front door shut, Soojin then stared at her window.

She saw how Shuhua walked while still busy with her phone.

"I guess she likes someone now." she says with a sigh.

+++++

Days passed by and Shuhua's always hanging out with Yuqi.

The girl who always have time for her is no longer with her during weekends or sometimes lunch.

"I've been wondering why you suddenly invited me for lunch..turns out we're here to follow Shuhua and Yuqi around." Soyeon, her other friend who's also gay said.

"we're not following them Soyeon." Soojin says, still eyeing the two while they eat and laugh at whatever it is.

"then how come we're not approaching them yet to say hi? we've been sitting in this place for 30 minutes Soo and all you did is drink your water and stab that poor steak." Soyeon tells her and so she looks at what the girl meant and her eyes grew wide.

Indeed, the steak looks 10 times dead.

"see? why don't you just confess to her Soo?" Soojin looked up at that.

"huh?" she asks.

"you like Shuhua, right? then tell her." Soyeon tells her but she shook her head.

"I don't like her like that." she says and Soyeon chuckled.

"right..coz you love her." Soyeon said and Soojin choked on her water.

"look, Soo..just tell Shuhua, okay?" Soyeon tells her and she sighed.

"what if she rejects me? or worse, what if I lose her? the friendship we have." she said, fully admitting her fears to Soyeon.

"I can't say rejection doesn't hurt, coz it really does..but you have to try coz you won't know it until you make a move." Soyeon says.

"and besides, I doubt you'd lose your friendship..there may be changes, but you'll both get through it." she added.

Soojin sighed as she look down on her food, thinking whether she should confess or not.

"Shuhua loves you too you know." Soyeon said but Soojin failed to hear it.

+++++

"Jin? what are we doing here?" Shuhua asks her as they silently sat on to where they first met.

It was the classroom where Shuhua entered looking insecure and fragile while Soojin looked fierce and disappointed with the world years ago.

Now, Shuhua grew up with much confidence and energy while Soojin looked friendlier than before.

"Shu." she calls out as Shuhua just hummed.

Soojin did consider Soyeon's words, she needs to tell Shuhua about what she feels.

"do you like Yuqi?" she asks and Shuhua hummed again.

"I do." Soojin's world felt smaller after hearing her answer.

"are you planning to confess to her?" she asks and suddenly, Shuhua started laughing.

"wait!" Shuhua's still laughing, "you thought I like Yuqi as in like LIKE? romantically?!" she asks and Soojin felt her cheeks heat up.

"you don't?" she asked and Shuhua finally calmed down.

"I don't like her like that Jinjin..we just hangout to talk about her crush and stuffs." Shuhua says and Soojin nodded.

Feeling happy.

But she remembered her purpose as to why she's opening this conversation to her.

"Shu. I love you." she right away said.

"I know this is sudden but I am really in love with you, it had been years since I did..and I'm sorry if you find me weird and I'm sorry if I ruin our friendship..I am not asking for you to love me back, I just want to tell you about what I feel and so please if you reject me let's still be friends coz----" she was suddenly cut off.

Her eyes grew wide as she registered what's happening.

Yeh Shuhua is kissing her.

She stared at how the girl closed her eyes and she finds herself doing the same thing.

After a few second, Shuhua pulled away.

"I had to shut you up." Shuhua said with a smile and Soojin blushed hard.

"in case it isn't clear enough." Shuhua started as Soojin looks at her.

"I love you too."

+++++

"what are you thinking about?" Shuhua asks as she sat beside Soojin.

"us." she answered as she played with the ring on her finger.

"hmm? what about us?" Shuhua asks as she then back hugged Soojin.

"how we met, how we fell in love, how I got lucky marrying my best friend." Soojin said and Shuhua smiled from behind her.

"I'm the lucky one Jinjin." she said as she then hugged Soojin tight.

Even after years, Soojin's still not used to Shuhua making her forget how to breathe.

Yeh Shuhua. The girl who came in her boring life. The girl who made her feel things.

"I love you Shu." she says as she held on to Shuhua's arm that's hugging her.

"I love you too Jinjin."