o9o

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The car ride was really quiet. Hana could sense that Kai was nervous even though he acted cool. He had a regular twitching pattern that she caught him constantly doing. She also saw how he turned to look at her every time they stopped at a red light. But she acted like she did not notice and just stared out the window. 

Kai finally slowed down in front of 2 tall gates. Hana scowled and faced him. 

“What is this place?” She asked. Kai ignored her and stuck a hand out. The gates immediately opened, and Hana was absolutely astonished by the view. 

It was a house, no scratch that. It was a mansion. It was the typical rich people mansion with a beautiful fountain right in the center.  As they made it around the fountain, Hana was more awestruck than ever. The door was a clean cut, glossy, large, dark wooden door. 

“Are you taking me to your boss’s place?” Hana asked. “Holy . Are you going to kill me?” 

Kai looked at her weirdly. “What do you think of me? Geez, this is my parent’s house.” 

Hana’s jaws dropped. So, his parents were rich. Filthy rich. But her shock immediately turned into a frown.

“Why did you bring me to you parents’ house?” She asked. 

“You ask too many questions. Just get off.” He said. Grumbling, Hana listened to him.

They walked together to the main door. Right before Kai could knock, Hana grabbed his hand. 

“Kai what are we doing here?” She asked. Kai looked at her. 

He sighed and said, “We are here to pick up my brother.” 

Hana raised her eyebrow and remembered that he mentioned that he had a brother. “Your brother?” 

Kai rolled his eyes but still faced her. “Yes. Yes Hana. My parents ed and gave birth to another boy who turns out to be my brother. I told you I had a brother.” 

Ignoring her this time, Kai knocked hard on the door. 

“You must really love your brother because anyone can tell you are scared less standing here.” Hana snickered. 

“I’m not scared.” Kai frowned. How did she know?

‘Sure, you aren’t.” Right as she said that the door opened.

There stood a younger boy with doe eyes. He kind of looked like Kai but just nicer and cuter.  

“Finally!” The boy said. Hana took it that he was Kai’s brother. The boy eyed Hana as he noticed her standing next to Kai, and his eyebrows shot up. 

“A girl? Oh no I’m sorry” He cocked his head. “ A lady?”

“Go get your jacket Lucas.” Kai shook his head. So, his name was Lucas, Hana thought. The boy quickly nodded and ran back inside. 

“Dude your brother is so cute.” Hana giggled. Kai’s eyes snapped to hers. 

“Are you oogling at my 17-year old brother?” He asked.

“Why? Jealous?” She smirked.

Kai was going to reply but his voice stopped as soon as he heard a loud squeal. 

“Kai! My baby! You are home!” A lady came into view. Kai let out an audible grown. The lady was tall, absolutely beautiful and she looked really classy. Her auburn hair was tied up in a bun with a few strands framing her face. She had round eyes but a sharp nose, just like Kai had. She guessed that she was his mother although she looked quite young. 

“No. I’m just here to pick Lucas up.” Kai’s voice was rigid and showed no emotion to which Hana was confused. As soon as he spoke, the lady fidgeted with the hem of her blouse. 

“Oh. Are you going to bring him back? Are you going to stay for dinner at least?” The lady asked but Kai made no move to answer her back. He just stared right past her. 

“Kai what’s going on?” Hana whispered to him, pulling the back of his shirt slightly. The lady heard and snapped out of her panic trance and looked at Hana with her head cocked. 

“Oh. A girl?” Hana wanted to laugh. She looked at Kai. 

“I guess you don’t really bring girls home?” Kai just gave her a look which made her snicker. 

“Who is at the door?” A loud manly voice boomed throughout the foyer. 

“Oh it is Jong! He came to visit me.” The lady said as she stressed on ‘me’. Hana eyed Kai and mouthed “Jong?” to which Kai just rolled his eyes. 

“Oh don’t kid yourself. That bastard does not care about you. I bet he came to pick up the little runt.” The man said as he entered the foyer, so he was visible, but Hana did not bother looking at the man. She focused her eyes on Kai, who was clearly gritting his teeth in anger. 

“How can you say that about our son, Robert?” The lady, Kai’s gorgeous mother gasped. 

“He quit being our son the minute he left this house.” The man, who Hana guessed was the father, said. 

“Then why swear at Lucas? He did not leave the house. I did.” Kai said through his tightened teeth. His fist was clenched, and Hana could see he was trying his best not to punch the old man in front of him. Hana slowly slid her hand through his and locked her fingers between his so. Kai squeezed her hand as if he was saying thank you. 

“You little-” But before his father could continue, Lucas came back. 

“I’m leaving.” He said but his father grabbed him by the bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter