o4o

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hana sat in the coffee shop waiting for Yuna to show up. She had a long day at work running after the kids. This is why the job required you to wear running shoes rather than heels or flats. You need to be ready to catch a child anytime they decide they are superman and try running at a high speed to jump of some length of height.

“Can I get you anything?” The waitress asked.

“Uh, I think I will have one Agave latte with um, a cinnamon roll.” Hana ordered. The waitress took down the order.

“Okay, I’ll be right back.” The waitress smiled. Hana smiled back with thanks.

Hana huffed looking at the time. It was 9:40 P.M and was 10 min past the meeting time. She placed her phone down face first and groaned.

Then her phone started buzzing. Turning it over it was Yuna.

“Yah. Where are you?” Hana asked in annoyance.

“Sorry. Something came up. I am so very sorry but just go back home. I won’t be able to make it.” There was a loud noise followed by Yuna yelling ‘You er’.

Hana frowned. What the hell? “Is everything okay?”

There was another pang. “Yeah every-” a screech. “-things alright.”

“Yuna I am not stupid. I can hear so much from your side. Are you in trouble?” Hana asked.

“Hans, I swear it’s all fine. I will explain it to you later. I really have to go. Sorry again! Bye!” With that Yuna cut the call.

Hana stared at the screen of the phone before rubbing her face. As she brought her hands back down a familiar figure by the counter standing next to another man caught her attention. Hana racked her brain trying to figure out where she saw that figure when it hit her.

It was Kai.

Panicking she tried to hide her face when he turned to talk to the person next to him. They both were smiling then Kai said something making the other man laugh, throwing his head back in the process.

Hana waited until the two of them took their carry bag and walked out of the café. Hana quickly called the waitress telling her to cancel the latte and just pack the cinnamon to go. The waitress nodded and told Hana to go ahead to the counter and pay.

Hana went to the counter and hurriedly paid for her food. By that time the waitress finished packing her cinnamon roll. Hana thanked them and turned to leave but as she stepped foot out of the entrance a body bumped into her causing Hana’s leg to slip, making her go down back first. She closed her eyes waiting for the impact but was caught in time by sturdy hands.

She slowly opened her left eye and saw the person who caught her.

.

It was Kai. The very person she tried to hide from.

She squealed as her body was pulled back up and stood on her two feet. She quickly moved herself from his arms and took a step away from him.

“Baby girl! It’s you!” Kai smirked. “Who knew that you would fall right back into my arms.”

“How many times do I have to tell you that I have a name that I would like to be called by.” Hana crossed her hangs across her chest, irritated.

“But I like calling you baby girl.” Kai said, his smirk being displayed again.

Hana rolled her eyes. “Well I don’t like listening to it.”

Kai laughed making his laughter ring through her ears.

“Where are you going?” He asked.

“Far away from you.” Hana gave him a sarcastic smile and pushed past him, finally stepping out of the café. Kai ran in, grabbed something and ran out. Hana passed the guy who came into the café along with Kai. She heard Kai telling him to go ahead and that he will catch up.

Hana shuddered wondering if he was going to follow her, which he did much to her dismay. She walked faster to get away from him, but Kai grabbed her wrist, stopping her.

“What do you want Kai?” Hana snapped. She did not know why she snapped. She did not know why she was behaving this way towards him at all.

“You hate me.” He paused and cocked his head. “Why?”

Hana was slightly taken aback by his question. She cleared . “I don’t hate you, why would you think that?”

Kai shrugged. “I don’t know, you tell me.”

Hana rolled her eyes and continued walking but her grabbed her wrist again making her turn around as she took a deep breath from trying not to burst out on him continuously stopping her.

“You can be a normal human being and stop me by words instead of grabbing me by my hand every time.”

“If I told you to stop, would you have stopped?” Kai asked.

“Let’s see” She patted her chin and thought. “Nope.” She replied, popping her P as she said it. Kai rolled his eyes but stayed quiet any ways. She turned to walk again but this time Kai did not stop her.

She felt his presence behind her but chose to ignore him. The café was less than 3 minutes from where her house, so she thought that he would just leave once she entered her apartment. But how wrong she was.

Kai had followed her all the way to her front door.

“Are you going to leave any time soon?” She asked as she inserted the key into the whole.

“Nope.” He imitated her.

“What do you mean no? If you think you are going to enter my house, you are wrong.” She said facing him.

Kai let out a breathy smile and took a step closer towards her setting her into panic mode.

“Open the door baby girl.” He said. The key was dangling from the door.

Hana shook her head. “What do you want from me Kai. You said it yourself remember? That day in your house would be the last time we see each other so why did you follow me all the way here?”

“You interest me Kang Hana.” He whispered into her ear. He leaned across and unlocked her door. He opened the door wide enough to be greeted by Brutus’s snarl. Hana remembered something. She never told him her last name.

“Woah down buddy.”

Hana turned around to face Kai and her dog.

“You cannot just enter my house like this!” She said as she walked past them grabbing onto Brutus, so he would not jump on Kai. Hana really wanted to let Brutus loose on him, so he would just go away. “And how the hell did you know my last name? I never told it to you.”

Kai looked up at her. “Then stop me.” He had ignored her question.

Hana replied. “You do realize that I am the only thing standing in between my dog and you right?

Kai snickered. “Dogs love me.” He bent down and raised his hand to let Brutus sniff him. What he said must have been true because Brutus broke out of her grasp and went around sniffing more of Kai, then let out a loud bark and rubbed himself against him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter