o12

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hana woke up with a jolt, her breathing heavy and her mind panicking. The last thing she remembered was taking in something so chemically disgusting that it made her head light. But scanning her surroundings all she saw was familiarity.  She realized that she was in her room.

Hana winced as soon as she sat up. She held one hand on her throbbing head which felt like it was hit by a bat. She looked around the room in confusion wondering if what happened was just a dream but it all felt way too real to be just a dream. Hana winced again, and the room was spinning slightly. She slowly took of the sheets and realized that she was wearing yesterday’s clothes. 

She tried to think step by step about what had happened. She was with Yuna- Yuna. 

She was with Yuna! She scurried off her bed ignoring the pang in her head to look for her phone. She founded it in the living room and quickly dialed Yuna’s number. 

It rang for some time before it went to voicemail. Letting out a series of curses, Hana called again but this time it went straight to voice mail. Tries after tries but Hana could not reach Yuna. She had called Yuna’s other friends but they either did not pick up or they had not seen her.

Hana ran her fingers through her hair, walking up and down the foyer freaking out that her best friend might have gotten kidnapped.

 She slapped her cheeks, telling herself to get it together. She grabbed her keys and ran to the elevator. Deciding that the elevator was taking forever to come up, she ran downstairs. 

“Please, someone please help me.” She screamed as she ran through the entrance of the police station. The station was filled with officers and citizens but their heads all whipped towards her direction and simply started at her. Finally, after a while of Hana running around trying to grab someone’s attention, an officer came and sat her down at his table. 

“What happened?” He asked. 

“My friend.” Hana cried out. “I- I think she got kidnapped.” 

The officer’s sturdy look on his face did not change. He slowly nodded and pulled out a paper and a pen.

“Why do you think that?”

“The two of us were going to the mart to pick up ice cream, and the next thing I see is someone covered with a cloth, and then mine too.” She paused. “But I woke up back in my house and she was nowhere. I tried calling but she isn’t picking her phone up. Nothing!”

“So, you both were together, but you ended up at home and she wasn’t?” 

Minna nodded in reply. “I know this sounds weird, but you have to believe me.” She pleaded. 

“Did you try checking her house?” The officer asked. Hana scanned his face. He looked rather skeptical. 

“I am telling you she is kidnapped. Why aren’t you looking for her?! Why aren’t you filing a missing report or something?!” She raised her voice. She was frustrated.

“We cannot just jump into an investigation ma’am. We have to follow protocol and ask these questions to make sure. We cannot file a missing report without the person being gone for over 24 hours.” The officer cocked his head. “Where the two of you under the influence of alcohol or drugs?” He asked. 

“Wha- Are you crazy? I’m telling you that my friend has been taken and you ask me if I was high? You-” Hana stopped before she could swear at the officer sitting in front of her. It was no use she figured. Sighing, she rubbed her face.  “No, sir we weren’t. What does this have to do with my friend being missing?” 

The officer nodded and stood up. Hana’s eyes followed his as he went to someone else and whispered a few things into his ears, both glancing her way now and then with skeptical looks on their faces.

“Forget it.” She said to herself. She stood up and ran out of the station, ignoring the officer calling her back. Who would believe a crazy woman wearing shorts and an oversized shirt, with the roughest bed head, screaming that her best friend got kidnapped. 

Hana sat in her car not sure of what to do. She slammed her forehead against the steering wheel a couple of times. She could only think of how Yuna must have been feeling. She must be scared, crouching in the corner somewhere. But one thing that irked Hana was how and why she ended up at her house.

But that thought made Hana’s hair stand up at the back of her neck. Whoever took Yuna knew her where she lived. Whoever took Yuna was able to open her apartment door and even get past Brutus.

Hana was having a mental break down. She did not know what to do or where to even start to look for Yuna. If the police did not believe her then who would? She let out teary sobs, holding her chest in pain. The police weren’t even believing her and if the police wouldn’t help her she did not know who would.  She racked her brain trying to figure out who could help her and the first person that popped into her head was Kai. 

She shook her head. No way Kai could help her. Well maybe he could but she wondered if he would. He did work in a gang and constantly talked about connections but even if he could, she did not have any contact information of his. Hana’s eyes widened. She might not have had his number, but she knew where he lived. She tried her best to remember the location of his house the first day th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter