o14

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“When does Lucas get back from school?” Hana asked as she glanced at the clock which showed 12:45. She laid her head back on the pillow. 

“His school ends at 3.” He replied from the kitchen. 

“Why aren’t we looking for Yuna?” She asked, impatiently. She heard Kai’s audible sigh from the kitchen. She knew he was bound to get annoyed because she had asked this way more than necessary.  

“We talked about this Hana.” 

“I know, I know. It is just that I feel restless and all the time we waste sitting here is all the time she is alone with that boss of yours! What if she is hurt or-”

“Hana.” Kai cut her off with a warning tone.

“Sorry.” She said and sulked, burying herself under the blanket. She heard feet shuffling but she did not move from underneath the blanket. She felt Kai squat beside the sofa and pull down the blanket. 

“No matter what happens, the boss isn’t going to kill her. “He reassured her. Hana pouted in reply. 

“You don’t know that.” 

Kai stared at her blankly. “Yes, I do. Now you better sleep until lunch is ready so you can take your medicines. That fever won’t die down by itself.” 

“The fever won’t kill me.” She said, trying to retaliate but it just led to Kai snorting. 

“You were this close to fainting an hour ago. You are tired and sick, just go to sleep.” 

Hana glared at Kai who rolled his eyes at her as he walked back to the kitchen. 

“Even your glare is cute.” He chuckled to himself, unaware that she heard him. 

“Kai?” Hana called out. 

“Hmm?” He replied from the kitchen. 

“Thank you.” She said, her eyes fluttering close. A smile made its way onto Kai’s mouth.

“Anytime.” 

After a while, Kai went to wake Hana up to have lunch. He sat down beside her and brushed away some of her hair that had fallen down to her face. Kai breathed out.  He stared at her face that was marked with dark purple eye bags, her lips pouting and her forehead ceasing into a frowning causing one to show up on his as well. He hated that she was involved in this. He hated that she was pulled into his world and that there was absolutely nothing he could do to protect her. He knew that Yuna was half way to death, but he couldn’t bring himself to tell Hana the truth. However, he was right about Yuna not dying. He knew that the boss wouldn’t kill her otherwise Baekhyun would not hold back. 

He snapped out of his thoughts when Hana stirred in her sleep. Kai made up his mind. He would protect her at all costs even if the chances of him having any power to do so was minimal.

“Wake up, sleeping beauty.” Kai said as he gently shook her. Hana moaned and shook her head, her eyes still shut close. 

“What’s wrong?” He asked. He placed one hand on her forehead and another on his own to realize Hana’s temperature had not died down. 

“I don’t feel good.” She said. 

“I know baby but you have to eat to get better.” 

Hana’s body went rigid. It was the first time he had ever called her ‘baby’ especially without ‘girl’ following after and it made her heart race. She slowly opened her eyes and blinked a few times to clear her hazy vision. She saw Kai staring at her.  

“What? Is there something on my face?”  She asked thinking she must have had drool or something nasty on her face. 

Kai quickly shook his head. Hana slowly sat up and Kai helped her to her feet, with her wincing the whole time. 

“I feel so weak.” Hana said, closing her eyes at the dizziness. 

“Well you did have a 38-degree temperature. You won’t be feeling unicorns and rainbows.” He chuckled. Hana elbowed his side as hard as she could only to groan in pain from the sudden movement. Kai laughed at her and shook his head. 

“Sit back down. I’ll get your plate to you.” He offered. 

“No, I can walk.” 

“No, you can’t. You look like you're gonna faint on me.” He laughed as he placed his hands on her shoulder and sat her back down.  Hana just grumbled to herself, covering the blanket over her body, as Kai came back with 2 plates filled with food. 

“Thank you.” She said, taking her plate from him to which Kai replied with a smile. 

The two of them ate together in comfortable silence.  She noticed how he would stop eating for a few seconds just to stare at a scene on tv then suddenly look back down on his plate to eat. She found it cute how he would his lips way too often, probably making sure that there were no bits laying around his mouth. 

“How is it like working in a gang?” She asked, breaking the silence.  Kai stopped chewing and thought for a second.

“I don’t have a particular feeling towards it.” He replied. 

“Have you ever shot someone?” 

Kai turned to face her. “Do you really want to know?” He asked. 

Hana bit her lip as if trying to think of what to say. Slowly she nodded. 

“I have.” 

“Oh.” She nodded again. 

“Have you ever killed someone?” She asked again after a few seconds. 

Kai raised his eyebrow. “What is this, 20 questions?” He joked. 

Hana stared at him making Kai sigh. 

“There are rules when you play these games. Especially in a gang. It is either you kill, or you get killed. When I pull the trigger, I pull it to protect my family. To protect myself so yes, I have killed someone.” He said then resumed eating, facing away from her but Hana couldn’t. She just stared at the man in front of her. What else had she expected? 

“Tell me more about your family.” She suggested. 

“My family?” Kai asked. “You met them.” 

Hana shook her head, taking in a spoon full of rice. “I meant your gang family.” 

“Oh, them.” He said. Kai bit his lips thinking of what to say. 

“For starters, please do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter