o7o

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hana handed Kai, who was laying on her bed, a glass of water.

“Thanks.” He said as he took it and drank a few sips. Hana fidgeted, standing there next to her bed watching the guy with bandages wrapped around him. She took this chance to fully look at him. His hair was messy, skin tanned. He had abs, much to her annoyance. How could he be so ing perfect?

“Take a picture, it lasts longer.” She rolled her eyes. What perfect? The guy in front of her was a 2.0 narcissistic .

She sat on the bed by his side.

“What happened to you?” Kai just shrugged.

“Got into a bad fight.”

“What fight?”

“Just a fight.” Hana rolled her eyes for the umpteenth time.

“Why come to me though? Why make me help you?” Kai looked down at the glass of water. He let out a small chuckle.

“You were the first person that came to my mind.”

“You are crazy.”

“So you’ve said.”

“No, you are more than crazy! Why did you have to ing show your face to me? Why come all bloody and bruised, scare the living crap out of me and refuse to go to the ing hospital?! Why give me the short stupid answers?! Why make me so worried?!” Kai’s head shot up.

“You are worried about me?” That smirk. That annoying little smirk that irked Hana was back.

“What? No. I mean who wouldn’t be if someone that resembled death came to their doorstep?” Hana turned her head to the side in embarrassment.

“Hey.” She felt fingers touching her chin, slowly pushing her face upwards to look straight into Kai’s eyes. “I am sorry.” He said.

Hana looked at how his eyebrows were pushed up, his hair falling recklessly over his forehead. He genuinely looked sorry.

Moving her chin away from his grasp, she cleared and nodded.

“I’m serious, Hana. I never should have come to you like this. I might have dragged you into something really bad.” Hana frowned. What?

“What are you talking about?” Was it a gang fight? Is that why he said what he said?

“My boss gave me a complicated job to do. Usually I work with my partner, but he was, well in the hospital, so he told me to do this alone. And something, somewhere went wrong and I was caught right in the middle. After a long time, I ended up escaping and I came here.” Hana’s eyes widened. She remembered what Yuna had said to her.

“What was the job?” She asked. It was Kai’s turn to have wide eyes. He did not think she would push forward and ask more questions. He thought he would have scared her by just telling her this much.

“I think it’s best to-” But Hana cut him off.

“No. You came into my house, asked me to fix you up, so now you are going to answer all my questions without arguing.”

Kai stared into Hana’s eyes. To him, she was so different. Girls would give into him the second they laid their eyes on him but Hana? Hana fought against every word he said, and he liked it. It scared him that he liked it. It scared him more how he ended up at her house rather than his usual place. He did not know what made him do it but the next thing he knew was that he was banging on her front door.

Sighing, he reluctantly gave in. “I work for a gang.”

He paused to check her reaction. She was calm which confused him. Slowly he continued, not leaving his eyes off hers. “My 2nd in hand boss, Suho, he wanted me to do a delivery.”

“Delivery of what?” Hana asked. Kai squinted. It seemed like she already knew what he was talking about.

“You know, don’t you.” Hana smiled back, shocking Kai.

“I do, but not much. I don’t know if what I heard is true, so I rather believe what you say than rumors.” Kai felt his heart stop. He was frantic. He did not understand slight bit of why he felt that way. This was the first time someone had offered to listen to his explanation.

“What-” He cleared his throat. “What did you hear?”

“Not much really. I heard that you dealt drugs, got caught and served time for it 3 times. I already guessed you were in a gang because of how extravagant your house was.” Kai laughed.

“Well, the rumors are slightly true except I went once to jail. Not 3 times. I went because-” The doorbell cut him off making both Hana and Kai’s heads snapping in the direction of the sound. Hana’s eyes widened, and all the worst possible thoughts flooded into her head. Was that Kai’s boss? Were they here to take him? Were they going to hurt him? How did they even find her house? Hana quickly looked at Kai who was biting his lips. Unlike her, Kai was calm and all he thought was how to keep Hana out of this incase his boss sent some men to get him. There was no way he was going to let someone innocent get hurt because of him.

“It can’t be your boss, right? I mean why would he ring the doorbell rather than breaking the door down?” She asked making Kai chuckle.

“Hana, who do you think gang members are? We have common curtsey you know?” Hana made a face and pushed his face back words t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter