o11

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We have to get going.” Kai said as grabbed his clothes from the drier. After their little water fight, Hana let Kai wear one of her father’s shirts which she usually wears to bed, and his sweat pants. They were a little tight on him, but he would live. 

“Lucas passed out.” Hana stated. The younger boy was so worn out that he fell asleep on the sofa with Brutus by his feet. 

Kai sighed. “I will just have to wake him up.” He said. He stood back up and was about to leave to wake his brother up. 

“Hey wait.” Hana stopped him grabbing his hand. Kai stopped and looked down at her hand and then back to her face. 

“What’s up?” He asked. 

“You said I could ask you the questions going on in my head, right?” She asked. Kai looked unsure but nodded anyways. 

“Is Lucas okay?” She asked. Kai frowned. 

“What do you mean?” He asked.

“I know this is none of my business, but I saw his wrists?  During dinner, I mean, and there were scars but some looked fresh Kai. They looked recent.” She worried. Kai’s frown disappeared, and it was replaced with worry. 

“No.” He said breathing hard. “No way. He hasn’t harmed himself in a year.” 

Mine bit her lips. “I am sorry.” 

Kai closed his eyes. Hana looked at him. He worried so much about his brother. He held a lot of weight on his shoulder with the type of work he was doing and now he was going to have to watch Lucas constantly. 

“What am I doing?” Kai’s voice came out in a whisper. She squatted in front of him and took his hands into hers.

“You are doing the best you can. I saw how much you love your brother and I know you think him moving in with you would be a bad thing but as a psychologist, I think you are the best thing for him. I mean I saw very little of your parents and I was absolutely horrified but then there is you and how you were with him and it was amazing. Lucas is still a child and all he needs is guidance. He needs a little bit of attention. He is a happy boy and I saw that his laughter and playfulness was not fake. He has just gone off track, probably because he was living in that house. But with you, he will be better in no time.” Hana encouraged Kai. 

Kai stared at the woman in front of him in disbelief. How was she so understanding? She knew he was in a gang, yet she was nice to him. She saw his little brother’s scars and yet she found a bright side to it. Kai looked right into her eyes and inched closer to her. He took her face into his hands, brushing his thumb across her cheek. 

“God, I really want to kiss you right now.” He let out. His breathe fanned out on her face, allowing her to smell the pop mint he had eaten after dinner. 

“Then kiss me.” She whispered back. Kai wasted no time and captured her lips with his own. This was the third time and unlike before, he kissed her passionately. It was filled with affection and praises rather than the roughness he portrayed. 

Hana’s head burst with pleasure as he let go of her face, grabbed on to her waist and pulled her onto his lap. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed herself to him. No one made her feel this way, let alone someone she barely knew. But it was how he behaved that attracted her. It was the moments of despair that she saw in his eyes that showed her the true him. 

The sudden buzzing of Kai’s phone snapped the two of them out. Kai banged his head back and groaned. Hana laughed at Kai’s grumblings and was about to get off of him, but he held her still shaking his head as he pulled out his phone from the pocket of the sweatpants. 

He saw the caller ID and it glowed Sehun’s name. 

“You better be dying to call me Hun.” Kai snapped. Hana heard a soft laughter on the other end. 

“Calm down bro. I just called to check if you remembered that I am getting discharged tomorrow.” Sehun reminded. Kai frowned, he had forgotten his partner was getting discharged. 

“What time?” He asked. 

“2 in the afternoon.” He replied. Kai pulled the phone off his ears and check the time. It showed 12:02 A.M 

“You couldn’t call tomorrow instead?” Kai whined. “I was in the middle of something.” He said as looked at Hana. His hand was inside her shirt and was rubbing her back up and down. 

“Its 12 A.M what could you be in- Oh. OH.” Sehun laughed hysterically. “ sorry man. I’ll just leave you to it then. See you tomorrow at 2.” He snickered. 

“ you.” Kai said and cut the call. 

“Where were we again?” Kai asked before going towards her, but Hana placed her hand on his lips. 

“We were talking about Lucas?” Hana reminded. “Before you kissed me.” 

Kai groaned. “I know Lucas is important, but I liked kissing you.” He whined. 

“Oh, shut up.” She said. “But seriously, what are you going to do?” She asked. 

Kai sighed. “I really don’t know.” Hana nodded. 

“Well.” She said before getting off of Kai despite his struggle into not letting her move. “He is welcome here anytime. And I can talk to him for you, from a psychologist’s perspective. But I don’t think he needs a therapist rather than a brother.”

“How come he is welcome here but you are persistent in kicking me out?” He asked standing up on as well

“I told you. I am into younger boys.” She laughed. Kai rolled his eyes. 

“That’s why you are in here making out with me.” He said before he walked out. Hana just laughed and followed him. 

*  *  *

“You two made out like 3 times and you dare tell me that you don’t like him?” Yuna asked irritatedly. 

“You slept with so many guys and you don’t like them.” Hana reasoned. 

Yuna paused for a second.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter