o10

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Welcome to my humble adobe.” Hana said before opening the door. She told Lucas to stand behind Kai just in case Brutus decides to jump at him.

Brutus barked as he tried to squeeze his way towards Lucas who only exclaimed in delight.

“You have a dog!” He screamed. “It is so cute! Is it a boy or a girl? What’s his name?”

“Woah, breathe Xuxi.” Kai laughed.

Lucas glared at the older one. “Funny.” Then turned to Hana. “No seriously, name and gender?” He asked. 

“A male, and his name is Brutus.” Hana answered. 

“Brutus? Nice!” He exclaimed before letting Brutus sniff him. Hana laughed and went towards the kitchen. She washed her hands ready to make something to eat when she heard footsteps behind her. 

“Thank you.” He said. She turned around to see Kai staring at her with those soft eyes that she thought were going to melt her inside out.

“For?” She asked, turning to dry her hands.  Kai walked behind her and grabbed her hands, turning her to face him.

“For what you did back at my parent’s place, and for letting us stay for dinner.” Kai said.

“That is nothing to be thankful for.” She replied, removing her hands from his and patting his chest, giving him a small smile. 

But Kai did not want to let go. He grabbed her by the waist and made her stay still. She was fidgeting and although she was trying her absolute best to hide her nervousness he could see right through her. She laid her hands on his chest to push herself slightly back but Kai held her tight.

“No Hana. That is something to be thankful for. You did not ask any questions instead you supported me. And that is not what most people, as you say, who don’t know each other would do.” He held her face with his right hand and rubbed his thumb across her cheek, his left still holding her waist. Hana sighed and leaned into his hand. 

“I guess you don’t really have to know a person to care for them.” She replied. Kai’s eyes widened slightly. 

“You care about me?” He asked, his thumb pausing. Hana let out a short breathy chuckle. 

“I know. Crazy right?” Kai broke into a grin of his own.  He bent down and laid his forehead over hers.

Kai wanted to capture this moment. This moment of peace where there was no phone call telling him he has business to carry out. No phone call telling him to shoot the back of someone’s head. No fights or violence. Just the girl in front of him and himself. 

“Uh…guys?” Lucas said, blocking the two of them. Hana and Kai immediately broke apart coughing, trying to act like nothing happened. 

“And you said you did not like my brother.” The younger boy snorted. 

“Lucas! Go play with Brutus!” Kai groaned. Hana kept her back turned towards them scared to show her red face. 

“Whatever. I am starving so please, keep the for later.”

“Lucas!” Kai let out in annoyance while Hana choked on her own saliva.

“Okay, Okay I’m going geez!” Lucas snickered and left the kitchen. 

“So, where were we?” Kai asked turning Hana around. She was leaning against the kitchen counter with him really close to her. 

“I was getting ready to cook. You were ready to leave.” She said before sliding past him and opening the fridge. 

“Hana.” Kai groaned. “Don’t do this to me.” 

“I did not do anything.” Hana gave him a quick smile. “Is Lucas good with Pasta?” She asked. 

“Last time, you kept trying to kick me out of your house but now you are trying to impress my little brother?” Kai narrowed his eyes at her in playfulness. 

“What can I say? I have a thing for younger boys.” Hana joked. “Now get out of my kitchen before I kick you out.” 

Kai muttered something along the lines of ‘ing Lucas’ as he exited the kitchen.  Hana just laughed to herself as she started making the pasta.

*  *  *

“Dinner is ready!” She called out as she placed the pot of pasta on her dining table. It was a round table perfect for 3 people. She heard Lucas scream in delight followed by Kai’s ‘shut the up’ and 2 seconds later she saw a jumpy Lucas and a grumpy Kai. 

Lucas was ready to jump into the food but Hana stopped him. 

“I know Brutus is my dog, and I keep him clean, but he is still a dog so go wash your hands.” She nagged. 

Lucas made face. “Alright mom.” He yelped when Hana smacked his head as she and Kai laughed. 

“Do you need a special invitation to wash you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter