o8o

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a few days since Kai left Hana's house unwillingly. She had come out of the bathroom after a good 10-minute wait to see her front door wide open and no Kai in sight. 

She sat in the living room for a few hours wondering if he would come back or if that was the last she would see of him. She knew there was nothing she could do but she was worried about him. He showed up all bloody at her door and left with his gang members, they might as well just kill him, she thought. 

Snapping out of her thoughts she stared at the little boy in front of her.

"Mark, did you take Sara's toy?" She asked. He returned a pout and raised his head to look at her. "Well?" She nudged. Mark slowly bopped his head up and down. 

Hana smiled at him. "What did i tell you about taking other's toys?" She asked, causing his pout to deepen. 

"You told me not to do that."

"And?" She questioned. 

"But i like her toy!" Mark whined, flailing his arms and legs around. 

"Then i will get you a toy like that. I told you to always ask me if you needed something. The other children will be sad if you take their toy away from them like that won't them? Won't you feel sad if Sara came and took toy?"

Mark let out a frustrated sigh. Hana really enjoyed the little boy's presence. You would never have guessed that he was a traumatized child. Out of all the children in the hospital, she was extremely glad she had him. He was a joy to the world and it was upsetting that he did not get better days in his past but instead of an abusive father who deserved to rot in hell. 

"Can we go together and give Sara back her toy?" She suggested. 

"I guess."

The two made their way past the reception and down the hallway to the last room in the corridor. Sara was sitting in the corner with her knees up against her chest and her head placed between them. Hana slowly nudged Mark to go ahead to which he gave her a glare that Hana found adorable. 

As she leaned against the door frame and watched carefully how Mark interacted with Sara, there was a pat on her back.

"Hana, there is a guy at the reception for you." A co-worker said. 

Hana frowned? "A guy?" Which guy would come to her work place? In her head, a voice screamed out Kai's name but Hana knew that it would never be him because he did not even know where she worked. 

"He is quite good looking. Has bruises here and there but still good looking." Her co-worker winked. Hearing the word bruises, Hana's heart started pounding against her chest. It had to be him, she thought. 

"I'll be right there." She replied. Her co-worker smiled and left. Hana turned her attention back to the two kids. She wanted to leave Mark with Sara because she hated to break up the sight of the two of them playing shyly with each other but it was against the rules to leave them in the same room without any supervision. 

"Mark." She called out. "Let's go back?"

"Do i have to? Can't I play with Sara a little more?" He pointed towards the petite girl who was shrinking from the attention. 

Hana smiled and walked towards him and pushed his messy bangs out of his face. "Later okay? I have urgent work to do and i cannot leave you alone." 

"Isn't it your job to take care of us? I mean, what other work do you have other than this?" He huffed back.

Hana laughed at his frustration. "Stop being so sassy. Come on, let's go."

Groaning, Mark followed her out not without saying a small 'bye' to Sara. As they walked towards the reception, Hana's anxiety rose every step she took. Finally, she was a few feet away from the reception and there she saw him standing. His black hair styled towards the side. He was dressed with a long black coat which kept him warm from the cold wind outside.

Kai saw her too. He scanned her top to bottom taking in her black dress pants matched with a white long-sleeved blouse with her sleeves folded halfway. He let out a little splutter of laugh when he noticed the running shoes she wore with her attire. Hana's eyes followed his gaze and she realized that his smirk was present because of her shoes. 

She rolled her eyes and bent down to face Mark.

"Hey, go to either your room or to the play area okay? Do not make me run after you again. Not after last time." She instructed. 

Mark gave her his widest grin and ran down the hall towards which she hoped was the play room. Once Mark disappeared from her sight she walked closer to Kai and stopped a foot away from him.

"Why are you here? No-" She glared. "How are you here?"

"Well hello to you too." Kai chuckled causing Hana to roll her eyes. 

"How did you even know i work here?"

"Just like how i knew your last name. You should know by now that i have ways for everything. Connections are peoples best friends."

Hana just let whatever he said whiz past her as she stared at his face. 

"There are more bruise marks that the last time i saw you."

Kai paused not expecting her to bring that up. He smacked his lips together. "Suho got a few good hits.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter