o1o

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She read through the charts that were given to her over and over again trying to memorize and wrap her head around what she had to do in the next five minutes. The work she did was not always easy but it was good.

She read through the profile of the new charge for the umpteenth time before she sighed and put the charts away. The ambulance was going to arrive any second and she had to be ready for it. She could hear the head nurse screaming orders trying to get everything into place. 

The doors pushed open and the paramedics were pushing a gurney in. She waited until the doctors had checked the patients stats. It was all such a rush. Her breath was caught up in and anxiety filled her chest. They were going to call her name anytime now to present the case. 

“Kang Hana, it is your case so start presenting it.” The head nurse, Jae in, called out. Hana ran from the nurses station towards the bed the patient was kept in. 

She took a deep breath reminding her self that she has presented cases plenty of times before and how this should be a piece of cake. 

“Lee Mark. Age 6. Was found locked inside the cupboard. Has consistent injuries of abuse both ually and physically done by Lee Mingoo, his father. Previous assessments diagnosed him with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and depression induced anxiety. Mother died when he was 4 has lived with his father ever since.” 

The head nurse nodded. “Whats the course of treatment?” 

“First would be to assess his physical injuries followed by Cognitive behavioral therapy for his PTSD. He needs to be under 24/7 watch due to his depression and suicidal tendencies as he tried committing 2 times in the past 6 months. Based on these assessments rounds of medication will be given.” 

Nurse Jae In gave Hana smile and then gave her a pat on the shoulder. “You did good, Hana.” 

“Does this get any better?” Hana asked. This was the third abuse case this past months and she was convinced that the world was nothing but a completely corrupt piece of land. It had only been six months of her working at the pediatric psych hospital and every day she had to see these children and the cases made her heart ache. 

“It should not get better for you Kang Hana. It should get better for them.” The nurse replied. Hana nodded and went to the child’s bed. 

When there are cases like this, psychologists, such as Hana herself, should be the very first people the patients should bond with as they are the ones who are equipped with immense amounts of knowledge on how to deal with such situations and how to advice the patients. The patients tend to form such a strong bond with the first person who shows that they are here to them and sticks to them and them only. This bond becomes so strong that the patients tend to never make decisions without looking for the approval of the those they bond with. 

She sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter