08: Giving an Angel a name

Devil's contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" do I really have to sit beside this Angel!? " Joy's been ranting non-stop about being seated at the backseat of the car and worst, being beside of an Angel.

 

Irene sighed in annoyance, she couldn't focus on driving because of the two creatures that keep on bantering at the backseat. Well, knowing Joy, a peaceful ride would be an impossible thing. 

 

" Why do you guys have to tag along? Is this some sort of field trip? Don't you guys have anything much better to do!? " Irene asked, irritation is very evident in her voice. If she could, she would kick the two out of the car. 

 

Seulgi has an appointment with the dental clinic today, she's going to have her wisdom tooth extracted. Originally, it should be just Irene who will go with her but everyone ended up tagging along.

 

" the chief is still mad at me, I'm basically jobless " Joy shrugs " how about you? Why don't you just roam around and check up on people and animals rather than hanging out with us? " she questions the Angel.

 

" I'm not hanging out with neither the two of you, Seulgi is here so I am tagging along " the Angel chicly respond " anyway, can you pipe down? I have no interest in you so you can just treat me like I'm invisible instead of calling me out for just breathing " she rolls her eyes.

 

" I have no interest in you as well! " Joy struck back.

 

" then stop acting as you do. How imbecile of you to try and make a move to an Angel "

 

" me!? Making a move? Towards you!? Holy , you're so full of yourself! "

 

" let me remind you of how you tried to flirt with me the other day— my name, Angel, suits me? Jesus Christ " the Angel shakes her head with a taunting smile on her lips.

 

Their argument is starting to get heated up, Joy's losing her cool and the Angel is ready to throw her fist any second now. Irene has no intention of stopping the fight and she even wishes that their silly argument would ignite a physical fight. It thrills Irene at the thought of the two creatures from different realm would engage in a physical fight because it's not like every day she could witness one.

 

Who cares if the balance of the whole world falls apart? Not Irene for sure. Irene would gladly watch the two kill each other with passion and would even grab a popcorn to fully enjoy the show.

 

Seulgi turned to glance at the two girls bantering at the backseat. Worrying about the situation, she immediately butted in by approaching the Angel " Ms. Angel, I've been meaning to ask you this " the Angel immediately gave Seulgi her full attention, putting a stop to her petty argument with the Demon.

 

" what's your name? Something I can address you other than Ms. Angel " Seulgi asks.

 

" a name? I don't think I have one " the Angel responds.

 

Seulgi then turned her attention to Irene who's busy driving " don't Angels have a name as Demons do? " she asks.

 

" Angels don't need a name, they differentiate each other by their unique faces. The Creator took extra care when He created them and He knows each one of them by heart so they don't really need to have a name " Joy answered in Irene's stead.

 

Names are mainly used my human beings— Demons just adapted it because they have to mingle with them for their job. On the other hand, Angels aren't supposed to mingle with human beings, they are just there to be the messenger of God and be a guardian to the human race. They are forbidden to meddle with human beings and do something that may change a human's destiny and fate. If an Angel broke that rule, he/she will face a huge consequence— he/she will dissipate.

 

" Ms. Angel, you're my guardian Angel, right? " Seulgi asks and the Angel just kindly smiled and nodded her head " if so, can I give you a name? Will it be fine? " she excitedly suggests.

 

" hey, what do you mean your guardian Angel? " Irene cut between their conversation, getting annoyed by how Seulgi claimed the Angel as hers " why are you declaring ownership over an Angel? Do you want to get struck by lightning? "

 

It's an urban legend among Demons that whoever touches the servant of God, they will be struck by a lightning and would never be able to survive. Angels are solely owned by God, they can never be owned by anyone—not by a Demon, a human being, or even by another Angel. God's lightning could kill anyone, even those who claim themselves to be immortal.

 

" she introduced herself as my guardian Angel " Seulgi defends.

 

Irene briefly looked at the Angel at the rear-view mirror " Angels are allowed to fool human beings now? That is new " 

 

" Angels know how to lie!? " Joy exclaimed " you must be a black sheep! " she amusedly laughs.

 

" what lie did I said? It's true that I'm Seulgi's guardian Angel, I'm everyone's Guardian Angel. Where is the lie there? "

 

" come to think of it, an Angel shouldn't be appearing by the human's eyes but here you are, making Seulgi recognize your existence, agreeing to be given a name and even appearing in front of Demons. Tell us, you're a rebelling Angel, aren't you? " Joy intriguingly asks. The Angel didn't entertain Joy's conclusion and just kept her lips sealed.

 

Joy taps Irene's shoulder " hey this is trouble, we shouldn't get involved with this little rebelling Angel, we might get punished by God for even talking to her! " 

 

Angels' duty doesn't require to be seen by human beings, it's more efficient for them to work without the humans acknowledging their existence. After all, Angels could only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter