Nine

What If?

Requested by Bookie1698 - where we explore Jongin and Taemin's friendship and overdose on KaiSoo fluff


 


Two Wolves - one dark, the other a light shade of brown - ran as swift as the wind, the darker Wolf running from the lighter one.

He screeched to a stop when he didn't feel anyone follow after a point - where was Jongin?
Taemin perked his ears up and sniffed, his yellow eyes scanning the shadows of the trees. He yelped when Jongin jumped at him, both of them falling into the cold river and fighting. Taemin growled and bit down on Jongin's paw, scrambling out from under Jongin and pouncing onto the alpha's back. Jongin snarled and shook Taemin off of himself, trapping Taemin's muzzle in his jaws before the beta could pull another stunt off.

They changed into their human forms and Jongin harshly shoved Taemin back into the cold water.
'It's freezing!' Taemin hissed, punching the other's arm.
'You bit me too hard!' Jongin retaliated. They glared at each other for a few moments, a reluctant smile creeping up the beta's lips. His lips curved into a grin when Jongin imitated him, both of them doubling over in laughter.
















Half an hour later, the two boys found themselves scarfing down cornflakes soaked in milk. That, and two apples and a banana each.

This was followed by their usul routine - playing video games for hours on end till it was time for lunch.




















'... I'll ing end you.'
'Ha! Try me,' Jongin sneered, growling when Taemin shoved his shoulder and grabbed the controller.
'Hey--- hey! What are we, kids?! Sore loser.'
'Who're you calling a sore loser?' Taemin hissed, pushing Jongin down and wrestling with him. They knocked their empty cans of beer off the coffee table as they rolled around, the two of them groaning when Jongin smashed their foreheads together.

'er,' Taemin barked, rubbing his throbbing forehead. Jongin kicked at his best friend's leg and massaged his head. Taemin's phone buzzed and he cursed.
'What?'
'I have to be at the studio at three - help me revise the choreography?'
'You'd be lost without me,' Jongin rolled his eyes, pulling Taemin up as the beta fumbled with his playlist.




They cleared the living room to make space, pushing the couches to the walls. The opening beats to a song played and Taemin glanced nervously at Jongin.
'You'll be just fine,' the alpha smiled reassuringly and Taemin nodded, closing his eyes and dancing with the other male.





























After almsot eternity, the two males were slumped lifelessly against Jongin's brown couch and gulping in breaths.
'What's... the time?'
'It's... almost two, why?'
', I should go bathe,' Jongin grimaced after sniffing at his armpits.
'Date with Soo?' Taemin teased, grinning wolfishly and waggling his eyebrows. Jongin kicked at his knee and heaved himself up.
'Lunch's in the fridge - heat it up. I'm having lunch with Soo.'
Taemin nodded and checked his phone, humming when Jongin headed upstairs for a quick shower.

















'Hey--- ow! What the heck was that for?'
'You stink,' Jongin smirked at Taemin, who was rubbing the sore spot on his abdomen where the deodrant can had hit him.
'Have fun at your date - don't do anything I wouldn't,' he laughed. 'Tell Soo I said "Hi".'
'Maybe I won't.'
' off.'
















































Jongin was hopeless when it came to Kyungsoo.
The human wasn't just any random man.
He was the type to stay quiet for the better part, only to sass Jongin when he least expected it. He was the type to join Taemin and annoy Jongin to hell and back.

Oh, how Jongin hated it when Kyungsoo and Taemin teamed up against him! The two spelled disaster together.
One time, they even played MCs of a shabby show and "interviewed" Jongin with weird questions that made him want to rip his hair out.
Another time, they pulled Jongdae in and got drunk - they'd welcomed the new year with Jongdae and Kyungsoo belching out festive tunes while Taemin drunkenly flopped about ("It's ballet to match the mood," he strongly enforced) the living room. The two alphas had left them to their antics, cooped up on the rooftop with a pack of beer and a bowl of cornpuffs.


But it was all endearing to Jongin - it only added to Kyungsoo's odd charms.

The tanned alpha's lips split into a wide grin as he spied Kyungsoo slip out of the backdoor of the restaurant he worked at. Jongin crept close and wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo's waist, lips pressing a wet kiss to the other's pale neck.

'Hey, you,' Kyungsoo chuckled, velvet tones giving way to fond laughs as the kisses trailed up to his heart-shaped lips.



'Ready for lunch?' the older asked, his lips swollen and eyes glazed over. He hit the back of Jongin's head when the alpha grinned wolfishly and leaned down for another set of kisses.
'We can always continue at home,' Kyungsoo chided, smiling when the other hugged him and rested his chin on his shoulder.

'Let's go,' Jongin said after a few moments, their fingers twined as they made their way to Jongin's car.
























'You sure your shift for the day's done?' Jongin asked again, pursing his lips as Kyungsoo chewed slowly. The other male sipped some water and sighed.
'For the nth time, Innie. Yes, it's done and yes, I've taken leave for the rest of the weekend. Why? What do you have plannned?'
'Nope, I'm not saying anything.'
'Oh, come on!'
But Jongin only grinned mysteriously.















After a rather heavy lunch, they drove back to Jongin's place - the alpha was nodding off in the passenger's seat while Kyungsoo took the wheel.



























'At least change before you sleep---'
Jongin tugged his jeans and shirt off, letting them pool to the floor as he curled up in bed. Kyungsoo tutted, throwing everything into the laundry basket nearby before grabbing one of Jongin's old shirts for himself.

Soon enough, he was clad in nothing but the shirt and his boxers as he crawled into Jongin's arms.

'We're going to cuddle for the rest of the evening, aren't we?' he mumbled, tangling their legs together as Jongin pressed his face into Kyungsoo's chest. The tan male hummed, smiling sleepily as the other lightly raked his fingers against his scalp.







































There was an instant level of comfort between Jongin and Kyungsoo. That's what the alpha loved the most.
There would be days where they would go over to each other's houses and just sleep - sometimes together, sometimes one would sleep while the other would go about their usual chores. Then there were moments where they'd quietly sit together, even if they weren't really doing anything as such.

Jongin would be on his phone and Kyungsoo would be reading a book - something they could do in isolation - but would be resting against each other.

They just needed to be around each other - it was inexplainable, but comforting.





























Saturday was spent with Kyungsoo watching reruns of old episodes and Jongin lying in his lap, playing a game on his phone.
They were more active at night, though, as they drove out to the forest.




'Are you sure you're up for this?' Jongin asked. 'It's all right if you don't---'
'It's something I should start getting used to; I might as well start now,' the older male interrupted. 'It can't get any more unexpected than that.'
The alpha nodded and took his clothes off, crouching and transforming into his Wolf form while Kyungsoo neatly folded his clothes and put them in the bag they'd brought along.


The male hid the bag in a bush and patted Jongin, climbing onto his back and hugging him round the neck. Jongin moved forward slowly for a bit, allowing Kyungsoo to get used to it.

'I'm ready,' he finally nodded, gasping when Jongin took off like a bullet.













Everything whizzed past in a blur as Jongin wove through the trees. Kyungsoo felt cold tears form at the corners of his eyes and blinked them away, a smile stretching his heart-shaped lips as the cold wind whipped his red cheeks.


They came to stop by the river and Kyungsoo fell off, humming when Jongin nosed at him.
'I'm all right,' he chuckled, propping himself up against the Prunus Mume nearby. He quietly looked on while Jongin drank water from the cool river, smiling when the Wolf made his way towards him.

Kyungsoo lay down on the soft petals strewn all over the place, letting out a puff of breath when Jongin draped himself atop him.

'You're heavy,' Kyungsoo groaned. The Wolf rolled over and lay his head on Kyungsoo's abdomen, staring up at him with sparkling emerald orbs. The male ran his fingers through the light brown fur, playing with the ears and poking at the muzzle every now and then.




















It must have been a boring date, right? Just lying around doing nothing.

But it was perfect to Kyungsoo.

Jongin was all he needed - the physical proximity, the comfort that came with his reassuring presence was all he needed. There was no necessity for words and glamour.
They just needed each other.

























'I have to go, Innie,' Kyungsoo huffed. 'Sundays are always the busiest---'
'But I want to spend time with you,' Jongin grumbled, his arms around Kyungsoo in a vice-like grip. The man wriggled in his hold and slapped his chest.
'Come on! Let me go.'
'No,' Jongin growled.

'I'll be back tonight,' Kyungsoo coaxed, grabbing Jongin's face for a passionate kiss when the other raised an eyebrow.
'Please? I promise there's more where that came from.'
'You're ridiculous,' the alpha scoffed.
'You love me being this ridiculous.'

'I do,' he chuckled fondly, pressing a kiss to Kyungsoo's forehead and releasing his grip on him.