Seven

What If?

Requested by 5dogs1cat - where Minseok's jealous because Jongdae's spending more time with someone else.
 



For the first time in his life, Minseok found himself regretting.
He regretted taking Jongdae with him to meet with Lu Han and Baekhyun for lunch.


Baekhyun ended up coming late as he was working on a project with Chanyeol - he'd taken the job at the production house but still kept his night shifts at the club as a bartender.
Thiis left Minseok, Jongdae and Lu Han in the restaurant.



While Minseok and Lu Han carried out their usual banters, Jongdae remained stiff and meek. Sensing his apprehension, Minseok rested his hand on Jongdae's thigh but that didn't help let up the tension at all.


Once Baekhyun arrived, he and Jongdae got along well and it pleased Minseok to see his mate ease up. But Lu Han joined in and before anyone knew it, the three males had exchanged numbers and parted with wide grins.






'I'm really happy that you got along with them,' Minseok smiled as he pulled their car up in the driveway.













Well, that's how he felt initially.












A week had passed since then and Jongdae wouldn't stop talking about Lu Han and Baekhyun. 








'Where are you off to?' Minseok raised an eyebrow, nursing a mug of black coffee in his hands - he'd need the whole pot if he was to stay up finishing his work.
'Lu Han-hyung, Baekhyun and I are going to the club tonight - I told you, remember?' Jongdae hummed as he wore his shoes. 'Don't worry, we'll be safe. Han-hyung is driving us there--- ah, there they are!'
'Don't go,' Minseok frowned. 'You've been going out so much lately.'
'B-But---'
'Jongdae, you need to rest more. Are you still even completely healed?'
'I'll be fine,' the omega dismissed, surprised when Minseok grabbed his phone. 'Hey! Give that back!'

'I'm coming with you,' he quickly said, rushing upstairs to change into a pair of jeans and a white shirt. He pulled on a black jacket and nodded to himself, frowning when Jongdae impatiently called out for him.




























'--- And that's how I ended up jailed for two days for something I didn't even do,' Baekhyun drunkenly nodded, grinning stupidly as they clinked their glasses and downed their shots. Jongdae sighed and leaned against Lu Han, lacing their fingers together.

'Your hands are so tiny!' he exclaimed, yelping when the mage pinched his sides.
'They're not.'
'Are, too.'
'Are not!'
'My fingers are the longest,' Baekhyun threw in. Jongdae turned to the male to his right and grabbed his hands, tracing the elegant fingers.

'W-Wow...'
'They are pretty,' Lu Han nodded, laughing when he fell into Jongdae's lap. Instead of getting up, he slid over and shifted to sit between Jongdae and Baekhyun, pushing the former into sitting next to his silent mate.

'Minseok!' Jongdae gasped, as if just remembering that he was with them. 'Are you having a good time?'
The alpha winced at the loud voice screaming into his ear and grumbled.
'No, I'm not,' he thought to himself, the green-eyed monster within him flaring up when Lu Han hugged Jongdae and the omega melted into his side immediately.

The alpha huffed and downed his non-alcoholic drink, nose scrunching up when the three males started to sing loudly.






















What really put Minseok off, though, was when they completely forgot him and headed to the dance floor. He found Baekhyun grinding against Jongdae, both the males laughing as Baekhyun rested his head on Jongdae's shoulder. Lu Han was a little to the side, dancing sensually with a girl and ghosting his lips down the curve of her neck.

Minseok pushed past the drunk people around him and ripped Lu Han away from the girl, gripping Jongdae with his other hand.
'It's time to go,' he gruffly said. The three males protested but stumbled out of the club anyway when Minseok harshly reminded them that he was their destined driver.




















By the time they'd dropped Lu Han and Baekhyun off before arriving home themselves, Jongdae had fallen asleep in the car, his cheek squished against the window. Minseok carried him to their bedroom and gently set him down, closing his eyes tiredly and resting their foreheads together.

'What do I do, Jongdae? Why do you make me feel this way?' he murmured, straightening up to get Jongdae and himself changed into pyjamas.

























Jongdae hummed as he roused from his sleep, frowning when he found Minseok sleeping with his back to him.
'He doesn't usually do this,' Jongdae thought to himself, the frown deepening when he scooted closer and Minseok tensed.

'So you're awake? What's up?'
No reply.
'Minseok, come on. Don't do this---'
'Looks like you're having loads of fun with Lu Han and Baekhyun.'
'What---?'
'I'll bet you even text each other all the time. I mean, you have lunch with Baekhyun and Chanyeol every day, as it is. Plus you spend the nights with Han---'

Jongdae let his lips curl into a small smile as he realized what the problem was.
'Hmm... yeah, I do have loads of fun with them,' he started, making Minseok stiff once more.

'But not nearly as much as the fun I have when I'm with you.'

So saying, he pulled Minseok to lie on his back and crawled atop him, pressing his face into Minseok's neck and leaving small kisses here and there.

'Because, after all, you're the one I love, aren't you?'
Still no reply. Jongdae nibbled on Minseok's collarbone, on the skin lightly and smiling when he felt a pair of arms finally embrace him.



'But you should still spend more time with me,' Minseok frowned, chuckling when Jongdae gave him butterfly kisses in response.

'You're so adorable when you're jealous!'
'Am not,' Minseok huffed, a smile still aloft as he let Jongdae snuggle into him. 'I just love you, that's all.'