Six

What If?

This is a double update, so please check out the previous chapter if you haven't yet!


Requested by Kpoploveralways - where Jongdae isn't keeping well and Hani, Moonbyul and Minseok baby him all day.
This follows the incident from the previous chapter!




The run-in with the newborn vampires had left Jongdae with a sore back and legs - he wasn't able to walk without wincing or collapsing from the burning pain.

So for two weeks, he was left at the mercy of Hani, Moonbyul and Minseok.














He woke up to Hani snuggled into his side every morning, a dark stain of drool forming on his sleeve and the bedsheets.

Minseok would peel her off and carry Jongdae to the bathroom to complete his morning rituals, then carrying him to the dining table because Jongdae was "too precious and in pain to be left alone". Hani would feed her younger father, nose scrunched up as Moonbyul's voice resonated through the house - she loved to sing loudly while taking showers.

After breakfast, Minseok would hole himself up in his study for work. Moonbyul and Hani would fight over what to watch on television, finally settling for whatever movie Jongdae would choose (usuallly a Disney movie as he'd be too lazy otherwise).


Lunch, then Jongdae would curl up in Minseok's study and read a book while the alpha worked at his blueprints. Hani would be out on a date with Junsu, a beta courting her; while Moonbyul would be out for a late lunch with her human friends.

Both the girls would return home late - Hani would stay over at Junsu's sometimes while Moonbyul and her friends would be out clubbing.

'Why can't I go to other clubs?' Moonbyul once asked her older father.
'I trust it to be the safest,' he lamely said - since it was the club he worked at (not that their pups needed to know anything about his past as a club dancer), he knew the staff so they could keep an eye on his daughter and her friends.



So the nights were just the two of them watching some dramas on television. Minseok would absent-mindedly massage Jongdae's legs, humming whenever the omega mumbled a soft "A little lower" or "This spot's sore".









But as the first week went by, Jongdae was sick and tired of the routine.
'Thank goodness we heal faster, else I'd go mad,' he silently fumed. While, being an omega, he loved all the attention he was showered with; they were babying him.

Minseok would never let him bathe alone, Hani would always feed him, and Moonbyul was the only one giving him his much-needed space.


'I'm going crazy, I'm not an invalid!' Jongdae huffed, shuffling towards Kyungsoo and glaring at Minseok.
'But---'
'I'll see you on Monday!'
So saying, Jongdae let Kyungsoo take his bag of clothes to the car. The Alpha was about to protest but was cut off by a sweet kiss to his lips.
'I love you,' Jongdae smiled, limping to the car and grinning at Kyungsoo.
'Let's go - I miss your cooking like crazy.'
'Sure thing, dad,' Kyungsoo chuckled.































Moonbyul picked Jongdae up on Monday morning, a smirk on her lips.
'What did they do this time?' the omega sighed, strapping himself into the seat.
'Dad stayed in his study and went out of town for a project - he'll be back this afternoon in time for lunch. Hani's thinking of mating Junsu.'
'Has she told your father yet?'
'Not yet - she wants you to back her up.'
Jongdae chuckled and closed his eyes.






































'Are you really fighting with me? When I'm like this?' Jongdae pouted, a hand resting on his back. Minseok's frown faltered and he looked at Hani, whose eyes were shining with hope.
'I'll think about it---'
'But you've already met him!' Hani protested.
'I said I'll think about it,' Minseok finalized, carrying Jongdae (against the omega's protests) to the master bedroom.












'How are you now?'
'Better,' Jongdae hummed, frowning when Minseok seemed stiff.
'Did you miss me, Xiumin?'
The alpha only nosed at the other's throat, pressing fleeting kisses to the smooth skin.
'And what if I did?'
'I feel amazing, actually. I should be perfectly fine by tomorrow.'
No reply.
'Don't take it to heart, Xiu,' Jongdae whined, pulling Minseok atop himself and looping his arms round his shoulders - Minseok always gave in whenever Jongdae did this. The omega let one hand run up and down Minseok's back, the other hidden in his hair. 'Please?'

Minseok melted on the spot and grumbled, bumping their noses together.

















He continued to baby Jongdae for the rest of the week, though.



'What did I say?!' Jongdae whined, smiling when Minseok piggy-backed him up the stairs to their bedroom.

'You're still precious to me.'
'You have to baby me, don't you?'
'I have to,' Minseok cheekily replied.