Sixteen

What If?

 

Requested by SungJewel - where XiuChen find out they're gonna be grandparents for the first time




'Aw, this one's adorable!' Kyungsoo cooed, going through the pictures of the latest dog brought into the pet care centre Jongin worked at. 'She's so tiny and---'
'I want us to have pups,' Jongin mumbled, eyes wide when Kyungsoo looked up at him.

'What?'























They never spoke about it after that day. Kyungsoo drowned himself in his worries, something Jongin was probably oblivious to if his usual behaviour was anything to go by.


'I can't give him pups, I can't give him the pups he wants,' he kept thinking.





'What's going on?' Jongin once asked, wrapping his arms around Kyungsoo and pressing quiet kisses to his neck.
'Nothing,' the older male shrugged.
'Kyungsoo, don't lie to me. I know you've been tense these past few days...'
Not seeing the point in keeping the act up, Kyungsoo switched the stove off and turned in Jongin's embrace, hands placed on the tanned male's waist.

'We need to talk,' he started, his eyes glowing a dull green.



































'We've got all the details, but... Kyungsoo, are you sure you want to---'
Said male stole a firm kiss from the other's lips to silence him before nodding.
'There's no going back, Jongin.'



































'You do understand there are some risks that come with having this baby?' Yixing raised a brow, pushing a pamphlet forward and tapping his finger on a paragraph.
'It's a relatively new thing we've come up with, so we're not too sure. I mean, we have tried it out before making it known that it's possible, but... are you a hundred percent sure you want this baby? It may take time to fuse everything together.'
'We're sure,' Kyungsoo clearly said, his hand gripping Jongin's under the table. 'We definitely want this, no matter how many tries it will take.'






























Minseok and Jongdae had no idea that their first son was planning on having a baby with his Turned mate, which only added to Jongin's stress because he didn't want to keep such a big thing a secret from his own fathers.









'We can't unnecessarily get their hopes up if this doesn't work out, Innie,' Kyungsoo explained again.
'I know, I just... I wish I could tell them,' the alpha sighed, closing his eyes and burying his face in Kyungsoo's lap while the other ran his fingers through his hair.































'Hello? I got a few calls from this number...'
'Mr. Do Kyungsoo?'
'Speaking,' the chef replied, a small frown marring his brows as he silently held a finger up at a waiter, mouthing a "Not now, I'll come in five minutes".
'We're the SRH calling, we tried to contact Mr. Kim Jongin, too, but unsuccessfully - it's about yours and Mr. Kim Jongin's baby.'


































Kyungsoo had never driven faster in his entire life, his blood pumping in his ears as he pulled up and stumbled out of the parking.

A frantic fifteen minutes later, he was tightly clutching some documents, his face flushed and eyes glistening with unshed tears.


It was when he was seated in his car that he decided to call Jongin.


'Hey, b---'
'I have a huge surprise for you - come home soon, okay? I've taken the rest of the day off.'






























Jongin gaped, reading the papers again and again till everything was a garbled mess.

Finally, after trying for half a year, they were going to have a baby.
'I told them not to tell us the gender,' Kyungsoo started, pulling Jongin to sit beside him on the couch. 'And they've said our baby's growing up really well - we get to see it in three months.'
Stunned, the Royal let Kyungsoo set the sheets on the table and prattle on about buying gender-neutral clothes, baby-proofing the house and so on.

He cut Kyungsoo off mid-way with a firm kiss, laughing breathlessly at Kyungsoo's dazed expression.
'We're having a baby!' Jongin exclaimed, pulling Kyungsoo in for another kiss.







































'What's with the weird laughs?' Jongdae frowned, kicking Jongin when all he got for a reply was Kyungsoo's chuckle.
'We have something to tell you,' Jongin started, grabbing Kyungsoo's hand and taking a deep breath.

'What did you do this time?' Minseok deadpanned, taking a sip of water and raising a brow.

'We're going to have a baby!' Kyungsoo abruptly said after a few seconds. Jongdae's eyes widened and he grinned, standing up and clapping.
'Really--- what?! What?!'
Minseok pulled Jongdae into his chair, a wide grin on his features.

'How, though? I know--- you're using the new method, aren't you?'
The two nodded and Minseok clapped Jongin on the shoulder.

'I can't wait, oh, my God,' Jongdae started, going on and on about babies for the rest of the dinner. He talked about how he loved babysitting for Sohee and Beomseok every once in a while, how exhausting yet amazing the night was when the baby stayed at their house to give the two some time together and so on.



























Jongdae and Minseok "accidentally" went on a shopping spree and bought some toys and clothes for their grandchild.
They would have bought more had Kyungsoo - who was at the mall with his friends that day - not seen them and stopped them from buying too much.
'We've bought some of our own,' he'd chuckled.
'Nonsense! The baby will outgrow everything soon enough - after all, it will have the blood of a Royal Alpha! We have to buy more---'
'Minseok, look! This teddy makes noise!'
























Jongin and Kyungsoo rushed into the room with wide grins on their faces. They eagerly peeked at the pups snuggled under thick blankets, cooing at them.
'My sisters will be so pretty,' Jongin sighed happily, cradling them and kissing the back of their necks lovingly. Kyungsoo held them for a bit, carefully giving them to the stand-by nurse when they began to whine for warmth.
'So? What'd they say?' the older alpha asked.

'Well... you're going to be grandparents by tomorrow,' Kyungsoo grinned, leaning his head against Jongin's shoulder. The four of them rejoiced at the news, almost all their worries eradicated.

























Jongin and Kyungsoo had managed to take a day off from work - the latter having almost fought for it - and were now waiting nervously in the Hospital for Dr. Zhang to run his finals tests.






At exactly four in the evening, they welcomed a small and squirming baby with wide grins and teary eyes.


'He's so... this is... beautiful,' Kyungsoo whispered, cradling their baby in his arms and softly trailing kisses over the fair skin. Jongin lightly poked the baby's cheek, chuckling when the baby unexpectedly opened his eyes and wrapped his small hand around his younger father's finger.

He had inherited Jongin's eyes and lips; while his nose and complexion were credited to Kyungsoo.

'Hey, there, Jongsoo,' Jongin chuckled.
'People will think we're so cheesy,' Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.
'Please. "Powerful" and "Strong" - Jongsoo. It's perfect.'
The older male only smiled, pressing a kiss to Jongin's jaw and cooing at the quiet baby.













































'Oh, my God, it's a baby, look, it's a baby!' Jongdae loudly exclaimed, clapping a hand over his mouth and giggling hysterically. Minseok frowned and eyed his mate weirdly.
'I just--- I'm so excited,' the omega went on, red in the face as he went silent when Jongsoo was passed to him. He cradled the baby, staring at him with wide eyes.

'You don't have to hold your breath, you know,' Minseok chuckled, gazing at his mate lovingly. Jongdae's lips split into a grin as Jongsoo stared up at him, reaching a tiny hand out to poke the curl of Jongdae's lips.
'Hey, there, Jongsoo baby,' the omega whispered, his features lighting up when Jongsoo cooed at him and wriggled in his arms.















'Let go of Jongsoo, Jongdae.'
'No,' the omega shook his head.
'It's been two hours---'
'No.'
'I want to hold him, too!'
Jongdae pursed his lips before reluctantly handing Jongsoo over to Minseok. The Royal immediately pressed a soft kiss to the baby's forehead, humming when Jongsoo laughed and gripped his thumb in his hold.

'Hey, baby boy,' he greeted, surprised when Jongsoo chewed on the alpha's thumb. Not minding the warm drool swathing his thumb, he sat down and gazed at the baby, completely mesmerized.





'Ah, he does that,' Kyungsoo hummed when he walked in on the sight. 'Well, to Jongin, at least. Maybe he's your thumb, too, because both of you smell alike?'
Jongdae discreetly sniffed his wrist and frowned, murmuring a not-so-quiet "Jongin smells like me, too". Minseok stuck his tongue out and watched as, enveloped in the Alpha's warmth, Jongsoo began to doze off.













'He's beautiful, isn't he?' Jongdae whispered, quietly settling beside Minseok and wrapping his arms around the Alpha. He leaned over to kiss Jongsoo's soft cheek, smiling when the baby made a small noise before going back to sleep.

'He is,' Minseok nodded, feeling very peaceful and happy with Jongsoo in his arms. His mate rested his head on his shoulder and closed his eyes, grinning when Minseok kissed his temple after a few moments.


A/N: Em... long time no see? I'm so sorry I dropped off the face of the earth for years ;-; Life happened and it was a lot to deal with. Also... not gonna lie, I moved past my fanfiction phase at some point. However, I kept coming back here for some beautiful narratives that I just couldn't stop thinking about. I also missed uploading, and wanted to finish my stories here - I had deleted my account in its prime a long time ago, and had re-started it to put everything back up, but I just disappeared after... I know this isn't much of an apology, but I hope to upload all the remaining chapters soon over the next few months!