Thirteen

What If?

Requested by Eryn13 - where Zitao needs to explain what it means to go into heat to Yifan
 


'Do you have to go?' Zitao whined, pressing Yifan into bed and placing wet kisses all over his neck. Yifan hummed, his large hands skimming over Zitao's sides.
'I can't be late for this meeting, you know.'
'Not even by a few minutes? I promise it'll be worth it.'
'I'm sure,' the taller male chuckled, rolling over to trap Zitao under him. He pressed their lips together for a long kiss, groaning when Zitao bucked his hips up.
'Not now, Zitao,' he murmured. 'I'm getting late. Really late.'
After a few reluctant moments, Yifan pulled away and grabbed his ironed clothes.

'Where...?'
'To the bathroom - if I change in front of you, you'll probably jump me,' Yifan chuckled, closing the door behing himself. Zitao huffed and stared up at the ceiling, a frown marring his features.




































'You'll have to tell him eventually, you know.'
'
But how do I do it, hyung? It's difficult... he's still adjusting to me being a Wolf, I don't want to spring this one on him.'
'But it's a big part of it,' Kyungsoo reasoned.

'How did Jongin-hyung tell you about his rut?'
'Well... I had to force it out of him.'











Jongin's hands trailed up Kyungsoo's shirt, fingers pinching his sensitive s. Kyungsoo moaned into the kiss and grabbed Jongin's , pulling him down as he grinded up against him. The alpha groaned and raked his teeth against the other's pale throat, eyes snapping open at the fast pulse. It was as if he was grasping the full situation only then and he ripped himself away from Kyungsoo, chest heaving with heavy breaths.

'Jongin?'
'I-I can't, we can't,' he shook his head, turning to leave but Kyungsoo was fast. He grabbed Jongin and pulled him into bed, rolling over to trap Jongin.

'Not this time - I want my answers
now,' he frowned. 'I'm sick of you blowing hot and cold on me like this - what is it?'
'I'll break you, Kyungsoo,' Jongin sighed after a few moments, switching their positions and cupping his lover's face with a hand while the other supported him.

'What do you mean?'






















'So he ended up talking about the dogs he takes care of?'
'That's how he explained it to me, yeah,' Kyungsoo chuckled. 'That whatever happens with dogs and cats, also happens with Wolves.'
'J-Just out of curiosity, hyung... d-did it...?'
'What?'
'You know...'
'Ah,' Kyungsoo hummed, catching on to what Zitao wanted to ask.

'He may be strong, but I'm strong enough myself. I wasn't too confident, which is why I forced him to pull out before the knot would start growing - it would have torn me apart had I let things be. Of course, I can handle it now that I'm Turned.'

'O-One more question, hyung...'
'Go ahead, kiddo.'
'If... someone mated to an omega gets Turned... will that also...?'

'... I don't understand...'


Zitao took a deep breath before explaining himself, a dark blush staining his cheeks when Kyungsoo laughed good-naturedly.

'Ah... Well... from what the Centre said... yeah, it does. But that means he'll take more time to Turn.'
'How is it that it hasn't changed for you, then? I'm just assuming...'
'It's because my own mate turned me. With Yifan-hyung, I'm assuming Minseok-hyung's going to turn him when he's ready. But since hyung is already mated to Jongdae-hyung... I really don't know how exactly all this works, maybe you could ask Seungho-hyung? After all, he's mated to Sandara.'

'Yeah... thanks, hyung.'


Unbeknownst to him, Yifan had heard the entire conversation, which only served to pique his curiosity.


































'Er, yeah... it does, but it takes time. He'll take more weeks to Turn because he's got a mate, plus to, uh... y'know... yeah.'
'Okay... thanks, Seungho-hyung...'
An awkward silence followed, broken only when Sandara grabbed the phone to talk to Zitao.


















































'Hey,' Zitao greeted, pressing a soft kiss to Yifan's rosebud lips and smiling when the other nuzzled their noses together.
'Hey, you.'


Three days had passed since Yifan had eavesdropped on Zitao talking to Kyungsoo over the phone and was waiting for the younger to open up to him.

They were now curled up on the couch, a music show playing on the television. Yifan caught Zitao giving him nervous glances but chose to hold his tongue.


Finally, Zitao tugged at Yifan's sleeve and the older male reduced the volume of the television.
'I've something t-to tell you, hyung.'
'What is it?'

Zitao swallowed the lump in his throat, closing his eyes and taking deep breaths to calm himself.
'This is it.'
As soon as he said that to himself, he felt flustered all over and found it a little difficult to breathe. Passing it off as nerves, he cleared his throat and leaned closer.

'Remember what I said?'
'You say a lot of things, Zitao,' Yifan chuckled, one hand placed on Zitao's waist while the other played with the hair on the back of his neck. The omega took another deep breath and almost lurched at a painfully-familiar musky scent overwhelming him.

'Not now,' he whined, sub-consciously running his nose along Yifan's throat.

'Zitao? Are you okay?'

'Er... ye-yeah--- I'm going to go bathe.'
So saying, the omega ripped himself away from his lover and ran to the bathroom, locking himself in and taking deep breaths.

'This is not happening.'






















Yifan stared at his hands and sighed dejectedly.
'What is it, Zitao...? I wish you'd tell me, already...'




































Yifan closed the door behind himself, ing his shirt and pants as he dumped his bag on the bed.
'Zitao?' he called out, frowning when he got no response. He grabbed a towel and stripped himself completely, wrapping the towel around his waist.
'He must be in the shower,' he concluded, hearing water running full-force from the bathroom.
'I'm coming in,' he announced, twisting the doorknob and stepping in. He doubled over as a sickeningly-sweet smell hit him.


'Zitao---'
The omega moaned loudly, the sound barely muffled by the water. Yifan made out the silhouette of his lover touching himself through the glass and his eyes widened. Zitao leaned against the glass pane, panting as he collected himself before closing the valve and stepping out.

He let out a rather unmanly shriek as he stumbled right into Yifan staring directly into his eyes.

'I...'

































Yifan gaped stupidly at his red-faced lover.
'D-Don't look at me like that...'
'So you have like a dog?' Yifan started after an awkward silence, groaning in pain when Zitao hit his shoulder harshly.

'It--- yes, and it genuinely hurts when I'm not--- you know...'
Awkward silence followed.

'So... do you want to go all the way?'
Zitao snapped his head to the side, eyes wide.
'W-What? Really?!'

'I don't see why not,' Yifan shrugged. 'I mean, we were about to, anyway. We just got too busy.'
'R-Right...'

'So... do you?' the older repeated, his large hand still placed comfortingly on the other's thigh.

Zitao looked at Yifan, his eyes glowing a dull blue.