Ten

What If?


Requested by 5dogs1cat - where XiuChen fight and Jongdae gets too pissy.
PS. This is set when Jongdae was to have Zitao, Jimin and Sandara.

 



They were fighting over something really trivial again. This time, is was about the amount of laundry to be washed.

'I barely have any clothes left to wash - they're all your shirts. Can't you be more clean?' Jongdae fumed, flinging a soiled shirt at a growling Minseok.
'I'm not the one projectile-vomiting all over my shirts - you're the one soiling them.
'I can't help it!' Jongdae shrieked, making a disgusted face when Minseok threw the shirt back at him. He balled it up and hit Minseok square in the face with it, frowning when the alpha's eyes glowed a dark blue.

'You dirtied something, you clean it up - that's how it's always been.'
'You're not the one carrying three pups, so it's easy for you to say.'

They went back and forth with retorts, Jongdae picking on every small thing - on how Minseok was too much of a clean-freak, on how there never was enough pepperoni in the house, on how he hated that Minseok was barely around when he returned from the production house.
To this, Minseok had his own complaints - that Jongdae was too careless and messy, that he ate too much, that pepperoni was expensive, that he was too loud.


'Fine! Let's go buy more then, I'll pay!' Jongdae finally said, changing his clothes with his back to his mate. Minseok grabbed his car keys and left the room quietly.

























 

 


The drive to the supermarket was silent for the better part. They were stuck in traffic when a song began to play on the radio. Jongdae couldn't help himself and hummed along to it under his breath, making Minseok smile reluctantly. The older male let his hand creep up to squeeze Jongdae's knee, making the omega grin and sing a little louder.


























They were extra touchy at the supermarket, Minseok hovering over Jongdae and making sure their hands brushed every now and then. Jongdae pushed the cart as they went about buying what they needed, sneakily stealing a peck from Minseok when the isle was empty save for a middle-aged woman with her back to them.


























'But I only like this brand!' Jongdae whined.
'But it's too expensive - big deal, it's the same syrup, anyway.'
'But this is cheaper!'
'But it's still the same.'

They went on and on, the omega shoving at Minseok's shoulder and raising his voice. Minseok slapped a hand onto his mate's mouth to silence him when people curiously looked at them, a low growl rumbling in the back of his throat.
'Why are you so troublesome?'
Jongdae only glared at Minseok, eyes glowing golden.




















The drive back home was silent and uncomfortable.




































Unable to resist his urges, Jongdae grabbed the syrup and poured it into a bowl, dipping a spoon into it and meekly tasting it. He blinked and pursed his lips.
'It's... not that bad,' he thought to himself. He glanced at Minseok, who was sitting in the living room and talking to a client over the phone.
'... I should apologize,' he flushed.
































'What's that smell? Jongdae---'
Minseok raised an eyebrow at the omega, who stared at him with puffed cheeks. Jongdae flushed and hid a plate behind his back.
'If's nufin',' he said, swallowing his large morsel and grinning sheepishly.
'What is it, Jongdae? Show me.'
He didn't relent. Minseok approached him and grabbed his hips, moving him to the side and staring down at the plate.


It was a home-made pizza with pepperoni slices.
'It's supposed to say "I'm sorry", it was for you...' Jongdae mumbled, staring at his hands. Minseok cupped his face and smiled.
'Supposed to?'
'I was tasting it to see if it's okay and accidentally ate half of it.'
Minseok chuckled fondly and pressed their foreheads together.

'Where did you go?' Jongdae asked after a few moments. Minseok hummed and pulled something out of the bag he had been carrying.
'I bought your favourite brand of chocolate syrup - it's expensive and burns a hole in my pocket, but I figured I could afford to spoil you one more time.'

'About that... I...'
'What is it, Jongdae?'
'... I may, kind of, sort of, in a way, probably...'
'Yes?'
'Like the brand you bought more than this one,' he reluctantly admitted. 'I'm sorry for fighting with you so much, Minseok.'

The alpha only gathered Jongdae in his arms, pecking his lips sweetly.


I'm sorry for the super late update! I've been dealing with a lot here, and only now got free. Updates will be regular again!