Eighteen

What If?

 

Requested by Bookie1698 and laylika - featuring Jongsoo



'Jongsoo! Come here, come on!' Changsun play-lisped, waving a candy wand in his hand. The baby crawled towards his godfather and gave up trying to climb his knee, settling for stretching out like a starfish on the ground instead with his cheek squished against the soft carpet. Kyungsoo laughed and gathered his son into his arms, peppering the baby with light pecks.

'He looks a lot like Jongin,' Changsun commented with a fond smile.

'But he has my habits,' Kyungsoo chuckled - Jongsoo liked to sleep without wearing any pants. He preferred to roam around in his shirt and daipers for most of the time, always finding ways to wriggle out of his pants whenever he was forced into them.

Just then; Jongdae entered the room, chased by a sixty day-old Hani. She lost interest in her father and headed straight for Jongsoo, pawing at Kyungsoo's leg with determination. The baby, who had already grown to the rates of a four month old human; began to cry loudly. He stopped the moment Changsun popped the candy into his mouth and he looked around with teary eyes, sniffling every now and then. Jongin, who had just entered the house; embraced his beloved gamma and kissed him before scooping his son into his arms.

He playfully pulled the lollipop out and popped it into his own mouth instead, moving away when Jongsoo tried to take it back. The baby's lips trembled and he cried again, causing Jongin to be heavily barked at by Hani. He surrendered and returned the lollipop, showering Jongsoo with kisses in apology.


'Did you make my godson cry again, you bad wolf?' Hyemi teased, unloading the groceries in the kitchen.
'I... You forgive me, right; baby?' Jongin pouted, blowing raspberries on his son's bare belly and grinning when the baby laughed happily, dropping his lollipop. Moonbyul wriggled out from underneath the couch and at the lollipop, only to be pried away by her younger father. She stared up at Jongdae before trotting towards the front door. 

'I think she's going to wait there for Sanghyun or Zitao to spoil her,' Changsun laughed.






























'Look here, Jongsoo!' Jongin coaxed, snapping his fingers and grinning when his son tried to imitate him. Jongsoo frowned for a bit, eyes flashing a dull green as he tried once more. Giving up, he blew a raspberry and giggled, moving away and crawling towards the dining table when his younger father tried to wipe the drool dribbling down his chin.

Jongsoo turned and sat down, staring at his father from under the table. Jongin lazily sprawled out on the carpet, smiling at his son and calling out to him. Jongsoo gave him a gummy smile and crawled quickly towards him, babbling when he was scooped up. Jongin nodded along and pecked Jongsoo's nose, lying down on the couch with the baby on his chest.

Jongsoo stared at him unblinkingly, the fist in his mouth rapidly getting covered with drool. Jongin replaced it with the pacifier resting on the coffee table and patted his son.
'It's time to sleep, come on,' he hummed, chuckling when Jongsoo looked up with big eyes as his chest rumbled. He closed his eyes and felt Jongsoo's heartbeats against his own, smiling when the baby rested his cheek on his collarbone and drifted off to sleep.





























'I'm home---'
Kyungsoo stopped in his tracks, grinning when he found Jongin and Jongsoo fast asleep on the couch. He quietly crouched and squeezed Jongin's thigh, knowing it was most effective in waking the alpha up. Jongin stirred, humming when his gamma came into view.
'Go sleep upstairs - this must be uncomfortable.'
The alpha exhaled heavily, cradling a slumbering Jongsoo in his arms and heading for the master bedroom. Too tired to cook, Kyungsoo ordered chicken for dinner and decided to take a quick shower.





















'When did you return?' Jongin asked, stepping into the bathtub and wrapping his arms around Kyungsoo from behind.
'Just as I woke you up,' came the reply. The gamma tipped his head back when Jongin lathered his hands with shampoo and ran them through the other's hair.



















A few minutes later, Kyungsoo found himself pinned to the wall and fervently kissing Jongin under the cold water, grinning when the alpha squeezed his backside as the kisses trailed down to his neck.
Jongin rolled his hips against Kyungsoo's, biting on the other's neck to leave a mark.

A shrill cry broke them out of their bliss and Jongin groaned, shaking his head and crushing their lips together. Kyungsoo turned his head to the side and turned the showerhead off, pushing Jongin to wrap a towel around his waist.

'But...'
'Nothing. Jongsoo comes first,' Kyungsoo sighed, patting his mate's shoulder and heading for the baby's room.
































Jongin groaned, rubbing his temples as he stepped into the baby room. He looked up, only to find Kyungsoo wearily bouncing Jongsoo who continue to cry.
'Do something, he just won't stop even though I've burped him,' he grumbled, handing the baby over to the alpha and leaving the room.
Jongsoo visibly calmed down once in his younger father's arms and he stopped crying soon enough, on his thumb and staring up at Jongin. Jongin pushed the pacifier strung around the baby's neck into his mouth, thumbing away the tear-streaked red face and pressing a loving kiss to his forehead. Wisps of dark hair tickled him and he hugged Jongsoo, gently rubbing his back till the baby fell asleep.




















The alpha found Kyungsoo curled up in bed, looking small and exhausted. Jongin flipped the lights off and left the bedroom door open as they'd been doing ever since they had Jongsoo, stretching himself beside his mate and dozing off.



































Jongsoo gripped the couch, staring at Kyungsoo who was seated at the dining table. The gamma sipped his tea and sighed, closing his eyes for a moment.

A gurgle made him look at Jongsoo and he gasped, a grin tearing through his cheeks as he whipped his phone out to record Jongsoo walking towards him.
The baby took unsteady steps, falling into his father's arms with a squeal. Kyungsoo set his phone aside and scooped Jongsoo into his lap, peppering the baby with kisses.



























'Appa,' Jongsoo babbled, patting Minseok's arm and repeating the word. The Royal raised his brows in amusement.
'Who's he referring to?' he asked.
'Good question,' Jongin hummed. 'If Kyungsoo's nearby, it's him else it's me.'
'What if neither of you are nearby?'
'Then whoever gets to Jongsoo faster than the other.'

Jongsoo lightly punched Minseok's nose, giggling and squirming when the older alpha blew raspberries into his neck.

The baby's eyes lit up when Jongdae sauntered in and he waggled his arms, quietly staring up at Jongdae and giggling when the male made weird noises.


'You spoil him too much, dad,' Jongin groaned, eyeing the new pair of shoes Jongdae had bought for Jongsoo.
'Please. There's no such thing--- look! These shoes light up, he'll love them.'
'Zitao already bought those for him. So did dad and Changsun and---'

'We've got presents!' two high-pitched voices rang. A teenage Hani and Moonbyul ran into the living room, cooing at Jongsoo and hovering over him as Jongdae sat down with the baby in his lap.

'Look, Jongie!' Moonbyul grinned, holding up a stuffed toy wolf. Jongsoo held his arms out and made grabbing motions, his eyes flashing emerald as he hugged it to himself.
'Don't chew it--- don't---!'
'If he chews it, that means he likes it,' Jongin laughed. 'Don't take it away from him, else he'll start bawling.'

'Haven't you slept enough?'
'He keeps us up at night,' Jongin shook his head. 'He usually calms down when I'm the one holding him... now that I think about it, any alpha will do.'
Moonbyul grinned triumphantly, pouting when Jongsoo ignored her for the toy wolf.

'Kyungsoo must be feeling really bad,' Jongdae pursed his lips. 'That's what he told Seungho-hyung and me, actually.'
'We've already talked about it,' the younger alpha shrugged. 'It's probably because there's any day more Wolf in me than in him. But Jongsoo makes up for it by walking to Kyungsoo whenever both of us are in the same room. He'll never walk to me.'
'Fair enough,' Minseok laughed, poking Jongsoo's cheek when the baby looked up at him curiously.
























'Kyungsoo? Where---'
Said male was fast asleep in bed, curled protectively around Jongsoo who was happily his thumb. Jongin changed into a pair of sweats and shifted to lay in bed, switching the lights off and leaning over to kiss both of them on their cheeks.

'When did you return?' Kyungsoo mumbled sleepily, eyes shining emerald in the dark as he peered at the other.
'Half an hour ago - I was showering,' came the reply that went unheard as Kyungsoo had already drifted back to sleep. Jongin shuffled closer to encase Jongsoo between themselves, gazing down lovingly at their son till Sleep took him over.