Twelve

What If?


Requested by lightningwolfie - where XiuChen take their three pups for a night run and Jongdae gets into trouble again
 



Minseok frowned to himself, a low growl rumbling in the back of his throat as his heart began to beat faster.


Minseok and Jongdae raced ahead, turning every few seconds to make sure their pups were following them. Sandara was the nearest with Jimin right at her heels. Zitao was not too far off. Jongdae slowed down to match paces with Zitao, who yipped and stumbled over a loose tree root. The small pup whined as he landed on his head and Jongdae nudged him to stand up, at him and making sure the youngest was uninjured. Zitao clamped down on Jongdae's soft nose and huffed, sprinting ahead to catch up with the others. Jongdae his muzzle and trotted behind Zitao.













They were at the clearing. The three pups were playing about while Minseok and Jongdae were by a tree. Minseok was quietly watching their pups, his tail wagging when Jongdae pampered him with . It was always like that - Jongdae would want to be pampered when they were in their human forms, but would pamper Minseok when in their Wolf forms.

Jimin bounced over to them and butted against Minseok's large paw, yipping and tugging at his leg. Unyielding, he leaned down to a fat stripe over Jimin's head, only to get an annoyed puff of breath in return. The pup trotted off to Sandara who was chasing a low-flying butterfly.

Zitao yipped and caught onto Jongdae's tail, whining when his younger father nudged at him with his nose.


Zitao padded towards Jongdae, stumbling unsteadily as he chased the omega about. He'd look around lost whenever Jongdae hid behind a tree or bush, his sisters helping him. The three of them would bark happily when Jongdae would jump out, only to chase him again.


Minseok his nose and rested his head, closing his eyes for a bit.







Jongdae ventured out further, hiding from the pups and watching them sniff him out.




But he lost track of his pups at some point and couldn't make their figures out in the dark. He was about to stand up, startled when something heavy landed on him.





















Minseok's growl grew louder and he bared his teeth.







The three pups were in the car, curled up and fast asleep.

Minseok darted through the forest, howling and sniffing for his mate. He could hear his blood pump in his ears and was hyper-aware of everything around him, but it wasn't enough - he just couldn't sense Jongdae anywhere.



Suddenly, panic coursed through his veins - Jongdae was in grave danger.
























Jongdae snapped his jaws at the dark figure looming ominously over him, struggling as he was thrown down. A whimper left him as the dark figure bit down on the scruff of his neck, blood gushing through.




























Minseok ran around wildly, only to abruptly screech to a halt as his heart clenched painfully. He let out a howl and his eyes shine brightly. As if in a trance, he let his instincts lead him.






Minseok turned into his human form, a choked and angry sob escaping his lips as he stumbled ahead.
There Jongdae was, lying unconscious at the foot of a tree. Minseok looked up - it was their Prunus Mume.

There was blood everywhere and Jongdae's body was mangled, his throat ripped open. Minseok pulled Jongdae into his lap and hugged the dead body tightly, letting out a pained cry.























'---Wake up, damn it!'
Minseok's eyes shot open and focused on Jongdae hovering over him. The omega sighed with relief and collapsed over Minseok, hugging him tightly.

'You're okay, it's okay,' he mumbled, pressing soft kisses to Minseok's neck. The alpha raised a hand to his damp cheeks - when did he start crying?


'What happened? You were screaming and holding me tightly.'
'I--- bad dream... y-you got... I couldn't...'
'It's okay, Minseok,' Jongdae whispered, turning to lie on his side and letting Minseok bury his face in his chest. The alpha took a deep breath and exhaled heavily, hands roaming Jongdae's body as if to reassure himself that it was just a nightmare.

'Don't ever try to play any pranks during our night runs,' he rasped. 'Promise me.'
'Have I ever?' Jongdae cocked an eyebrow, leaning down to press their lips together.

Minseok only hummed, letting Jongdae's steady heartbeats lull him back to sleep.